Salaah

BegumRehana

:salam2:
My question;
When we're outside and there isn't a suitable place to pray like masjid, as a female can we pray anywhere facing anyway?
For example, If i was to pray in a park would it be okay, because as its a public place there will be mens going pass..
Please let me know if this would be suitable to do just incase am in these situations anymore..
Jazakallah-khair.. :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Excellent question. And on Eid's when tents are set up beyond the masjid; what is the correct ruling.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

though you should try make pre-arrangments for salah like finding a secluded place to pray, if its not possible, you have to pray in public place (trying for the best clean place with no men around) as salah being fard cant be ignored.

salahdin

One of the many blessings which Allah (S.W.T.) Has bestowed upon the Muslim Ummah is the making of the earth pure and making it a Masjid, where Allah (S.W.T.) is worshipped in every single corner of it, whether it be in the Masajed, in the markets, in the streets, at schools and universities, in houses, or on the frontiers. Therefore, the whole earth is a Masjid, and this is indicated by the hadith reported by Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim that the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) said, "I have been granted five things which were not granted to any other prophet before me: (one of them) The whole earth has been made a Masjid, and pure for me, so whenever the time of prayer comes for anyone of you, he should pray wherever he is."

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Just a point worthy of mention: If you are a sister who believes that the face and hands are `awrah (in other words, you believe that covering the face and hands is waajib), then as Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullaah mentioned, a woman should cover her hands and face while praying if there are non-mahram around.

wAllaahu a`lam

Wassalaamu `alaykum

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Its not a question of being covered its the Salaah itself. Allaahu'alem.

I was told a woman should pray only where a non-mahram cannot see her. It makes total sense to me that this should be the case.

If you're in a park and theres absolutely no other option ..still try and pray in a secluded spot, not in the middle of an open field.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu'alaykum,

Its not a question of being covered its the Salaah itself. Allaahu'alem.

I was told a woman should pray only where a non-mahram cannot see her. It makes total sense to me that this should be the case.

If you're in a park and theres absolutely no other option ..still try and pray in a secluded spot, not in the middle of an open field.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

I just thought I'd elaborate slightly more if the sister did pray in public.

Jazakillaahu khairaa for clarifying

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Your post, though slightly on a tangent, was a perfectly valid and necessary point to make, wa-iyyakum

Wa-salaam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum

How should a woman pray in public places?
My question is: is it permissible for a woman to pray in places where there are non-mahram men who can see her from in front and from behind, as is the case when she is on a trip or in the airport, and she is afraid that the time for the prayer will end? How should she pray in these situations? May Allaah reward you with all good.

Praise be to Allaah.

If a woman has to pray in a public place, where men are passing by her and can see her, then she should cover all of her body and pray on time. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21803/praying in public

walaikum salam

BegumRehana

JazakaAllah-khair for all th answers, it has showed me the right way. I feel guilty the fact i didn't research on this before i faced the situation and i prayed in a very obvious place where nun-muharram saw me, i could have gone somewhere more secluded but i was paniking at that time. I only relaised after i prayed, May Allah forgive me...