Salah times?

Valerie

:salam2:

I feel silly, but I really do have a question. The times listed on Islamicfinder.org, those are the correct times? I downloaded an app a few weeks ago that gives me the time on my phone (for today and a few days past today).

I was going by the program on my computer and I did my prayer today, then I was going on Islamicfinder to see what time the prayers were later this week. According to that, I did my prayer an hour early! So I re-did it at the correct time according to the islamicfinder site.

I honestly didn't mean to pray at the wrong time, I thought I was doing the right time. So it's going to be 6 prayers for the day.

Should I go by the website for the correct times? Or is there a better site?

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

I feel silly, but I really do have a question. The times listed on Islamicfinder.org, those are the correct times? I downloaded an app a few weeks ago that gives me the time on my phone (for today and a few days past today).

I was going by the program on my computer and I did my prayer today, then I was going on Islamicfinder to see what time the prayers were later this week. According to that, I did my prayer an hour early! So I re-did it at the correct time according to the islamicfinder site.

I honestly didn't mean to pray at the wrong time, I thought I was doing the right time. So it's going to be 6 prayers for the day.

Should I go by the website for the correct times? Or is there a better site?

:SMILY252:~~~~~~~~~~~~~:SMILY252:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:SMILY252:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:

I am also currently using islamicFinder-Athan site on my computer :ma: i pretty amazed at how acurate and really very helpful the site are infact i was about to recomment the beautiful site to others so as to keep them update when at time of solat.Like in your situation i figure you have to checked where is exactly your location cause i understand United State is a very big country and different states have the different time of rise and set of the Sun.Nevertheless sister, i think you better write in to the adminstration of the site and i understand they are more willing to help out.

IslamicFinder Athan website is a very helpful site it really help when one is on the move to find the correct and exact time at diffferent location where ever you are and heading :ma: Alhamdulillah!

Visit:http://www.islamicfinder.org/

:tti_sister:May this help to solve some of you prolem,sister~n May Allah swt bless upon all muslim~Amin!

Take Care!
Thank you,
~Wassalam :)

look at your software, see if it has an adjustment of daylight savings time. I found that some of the software acts funny when you engage it.

I use :http://www.salaattime.com/ , It is set to accept daylight savings time by not selecting button in prayer location preferences.

The best advantage of this software is, it warns me xx minutes before prayer so I can head to masjid. and I have my favorite athan played. all without shelling out any money for software, it's all free. barakAllahfehim.

:wasalam:

Valerie

Thank you everyone :) I'll have to check all of that out. I looked last night and the local community center goes by islamicfinder. I'm not sure if the app takes into account daylight savings.

Have a wonderful weekend :)

weakslave

:wasalam:

There different ways of calculating the prayer times for Fajr and Isha, and not all methods are accurate for your particular city. If there was anyone knowledgable enough in your community to determine as precisely as possible which method of calculation which suits your area, it would be beneficial. Otherwise, you have no choice but to follow the group.

The only prayer time in which there is a significant difference in time is Asr prayer. According to the hanafi madthhab, Asr enters when shadows are twice the length of the object. But according to the majority Asr enters when shadows are exactly the same length as the object. The difference can range from 20 minutes to 50 minutes or more depending on the time of year. Unfortunately there are some who insist on following the one far-out madthhab, which is why you find some calendars portraying that prayer time.

The important thing to keep in mind with the Asr times is: regardless of which madthhab your calendar follows, never delay Dhuhr prayer beyond the first time (when shadows and objects are of equal length) otherwise you might risking not praying Dhuhr on time.

And Allaah knows best.