Salam in Islam

jimcate

Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I am a revert to Islam of 16 weeks now. WhyIslam.org sent me a free new convert kit which included a book on sunnah and hadith, prayer rug,khufi,Glorious Quran in english and some other books and informational pamphlets. IslamReligion.com also sent me a new convert kit which had several books in it. There is so much help and support out there for new converts to Islam and I am very much encouraged by the overflowing good will of these organizations. I read the story of Omar Khadr who is a 21 year old detainee in Guantanamo prison. He was only 15 when he was captured in Afghanistan and he is recieving very harsh treatment. Due to his young age, we must pray for his release to freedom as well as for all the other detainees there. As a Marine, when I was younger, I was stationed in Guantanamo bay,cuba twice and from personal experience, know that the temperatures are very hot all year round-and I do not think they provide air conditioning in Guantanamo prison.:astag:

Boomerang

Thankyou for sharing brother Jimcate.
Sounds like a good source of information.
I will check it out.

God Bless

warda A

Sister
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I am a revert to Islam of 16 weeks now. WhyIslam.org sent me a free new convert kit which included a book on sunnah and hadith, prayer rug,khufi,Glorious Quran in english and some other books and informational pamphlets. IslamReligion.com also sent me a new convert kit which had several books in it. There is so much help and support out there for new converts to Islam and I am very much encouraged by the overflowing good will of these organizations. I read the story of Omar Khadr who is a 21 year old detainee in Guantanamo prison. He was only 15 when he was captured in Afghanistan and he is recieving very harsh treatment. Due to his young age, we must pray for his release to freedom as well as for all the other detainees there. As a Marine, when I was younger, I was stationed in Guantanamo bay,cuba twice and from personal experience, know that the temperatures are very hot all year round-and I do not think they provide air conditioning in Guantanamo prison.:astag:

asalam aleikum
alhamdullilah you got help from those sites, inshalla they are the correct sites because there are many sites on islam out there that confuse even those who were born into islam let alone those who want to revert and so forth.
I think we all need to pray and make dua for all the detainees in Guantanamo and else where.
I keep wondering how you could hold people for that long without trial, it is imoral.
I pray and hope those detainees come out safe and not scarred from all the maltreatment they get over there.

Ya Allah , guide us to the straight path, Ameen
:wasalam:

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brothers/Sisters,

Salam Brother ncie to know about u may Allah have his mercy on all the muslim ummah and give us the strenth and courage to follow the path of truth(Islam) firmly. Ameen.
Brother pls be rem us in ur duwas.

Allah Hafiz.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Welcome brother to tti.
insha allah they will release him and every innocent ones. Allah will never forget them... they r in my prayers.