Satanic verses

louise_soso

As-salam alaykom

i came over a topic while searching on the internet about the satanic verses

i cant get a straight answer on it and i want to know what are they talking about!!!??? and what verses if you could quote them for me are they from bukhari or al quran? jazak allah khier.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Are you referring to the book written by Salman Rushdie? It was titled "Satanic Verses" and it was his mentally disturbed distortion of the Quran.

louise_soso

ohh was it?ya ive heard about his book authubillah
i dont know i just came across it ive read many things some even quoted hadith saying it was to do with that.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Hmm. I think I know what you're talking about but since I don't want to speak out of context, I'll wait for a few hours to respond because then I'll have the information on me.

Could you elaborate a little more on what you're looking for? Just in case I don't go off on a tangent.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

Praise be to Allaah.

This is based on a false report. Ibn Katheer and others said:

There is no saheeh isnaad from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning this report, which says that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “recited Soorat al-Najm to the mushrikeen until he reached the verses (interpretation of the meaning) ‘Have you then considered Al-Laat, and Al-‘Uzzaa (two idols of the pagan Arabs), And Manaat (another idol of the pagan Arabs), the other third?’ [al-Najm 53:19-20 – interpretation of the meaning]. Then the Shaytaan put words into the mouth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he said: ‘they are the exalted gharaneeq, whose intercession is to be hoped for.’ The kuffaar were pleased with this praise of their three idols, so they prostrated.”

This report is undoubtedly false on a number of counts.

1. Its isnaad is very weak and is not saheeh.

2. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was infallible with regard to the conveying of his Message.

3. Even if this report was saheeh, for argument’s sake, the scholars have stated that it is to be understood as meaning that the Shaytaan caused the kuffaar to hear these words, not that he put them in the mouth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so they heard them from him.

See Ibn Katheer’s refutation of this in his tafseer of Soorat al-Hajj 22:52. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Perseveranze

Asalaamu alaikum,

Yeah, this has been refuted already. It's fabricated Hadiths/claims.

And using common sense alone, why would someone who their whole life has glorified only 1 God and 1 God alone, made the message he possessed so powerful in focusing on this one single Deity, suddenly talk about other Gods/Deity's?

Just doesn't make sense at all.