Saudi religious police ban pet cats and dogs

justoneofmillion

That is true. But it is obviously not happening right now. So until that is done the government needs to protect the people from this the best they know how. I wish the would ban some stuff in America :) maybe our country would not be so bad.
:salam2:dear sister look at this one do you think it s cute! they may start using these ones who knows...whoever thinks this baby lamb is cute may say it also :)
cute_white_baby_lamb.jpg

wassalaam
jameel

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Your not allowed to keep animals, only if they have a purpose. That includes cats and dogs.

:wasalam:

Salaam,

This is untrue, owning a dog as a pet is not allowed but you can own one for functional purposes. There are no prohibitions on cats at all. You need to bring in some daleel before declaring the halaal, haraam.

Wasalaam
~Sarah

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Salam Alaikum Brothers/Sisters

I just read a fatwa on IQA. Fatwa # 22373 last paragraph

The government did right to ban the selling of dogs and cats. It is haram! forbidden I will quote a few paragraph.

"We should also point out that selling cats is not allowed, as was narrated in Saheeh Muslim (2933) from Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of a dog or a cat. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” For more information see question no. 7004 and 10207.
"
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Fatwa 7004 last paragraph
Note: It is permissible to keep cats but it is not permissible to buy or sell them; they may be given as gifts or given away. That is because of the hadeeth of Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Fatwa 10207 entire fatwa besides the question

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to sell cats, monkeys and dogs, and other carnivores that have fangs, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that and denounced it, and because it involves a waste of money, which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also forbade.

justoneofmillion

Salam Alaikum Brothers/Sisters

I just read a fatwa on IQA. Fatwa # 22373 last paragraph

The government did right to ban the selling of dogs and cats. It is haram! forbidden I will quote a few paragraph.

"We should also point out that selling cats is not allowed, as was narrated in Saheeh Muslim (2933) from Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of a dog or a cat. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” For more information see question no. 7004 and 10207.
"
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Fatwa 7004 last paragraph
Note: It is permissible to keep cats but it is not permissible to buy or sell them; they may be given as gifts or given away. That is because of the hadeeth of Abu’l-Zubayr who said: “I asked Jaabir about the price of dogs and cats. He said, ‘The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that.’” (Narrated by Muslim, 1569).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Fatwa 10207 entire fatwa besides the question

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to sell cats, monkeys and dogs, and other carnivores that have fangs, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade that and denounced it, and because it involves a waste of money, which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also forbade.
:salam2:Dear sister if you read the postscriptum of my post you will notice that i did not object to that at all, i just said that the reasons they offered to sustain their prohibition was quite lame,why didn t they just quote this hadeeth as a sufficient reason that s enough for me if rasulullah:saw: spoke end of the story it is classified!instead of inventing such non sense, if tomorrow men start using baby lambs or baby bulls to attract women the whole agricultural industries will go down the drain people would die from hunger ,the farmers would be broke,the markets empty ,no more eid al adha,no more milk etc etc.. and in addition you women will be blamed for starving the nation, now how is that to you!.:D(joke)
wassalaam
jameel

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:Dear sister if you read the postscriptum of my post you will notice that i did not object to that at all, i just said that the reasons they offered to sustain their prohibition was quite lame,why didn t they just quote this hadeeth as a sufficient reason that s enough for me if rasulullah:saw: spoke end of the story it is classified!instead of inventing such non sense, if tomorrow men start using baby lambs or baby bulls to attract women the whole agricultural industries will go down the drain people would die from hunger ,the farmers would be broke,the markets empty ,no more eid al adha,no more milk etc etc.. and in addition you women will be blamed for starving the nation, now how is that to you!.:D(joke)
wassalaam
jameel

Salam Brother Jameel

:SMILY153:Hahaha you are so funny :SMILY303: So us women would strave the nation LOL Men would be responsible because the root of the problem lies with them. :SMILY288: They are the ones going to extremes :laughing-dancing:I realized what you said and noticed your previous post and notice I did not quote you.:shake: Actually this was not directly for you just to make it known that they are harm to sell for whomever did not know. The reasoning the Saudia government gave maybe isnt the correct view to you and others. But I agree with them but they should have refered to hadith your correct. But Alhumdulilah even thou they did not reference the hadith at least the final resolution is turning out for the better since it is haram. :hearts:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

As far as I know cats are okay.
The Imam of my Masjid has a cat in his house.
I'm planning to get one too. Insallah
Cats are pretty cool, not as cool as talking birds though :D
:wasalam:

Amir_of_spain

I must be the only one who thinks this ruling is absurd. One wonders' how many other things (living or non-living) will be banned or prohibited in order to make the people more practising/pious. Isn't better to get to the root problem ie promote marriage and good behaviour, remind the youth about the consequence of sinning, promote the lifestyle of the sahabas etc.

walad_63o0om

first of all

i am saudi livin in jeddah near makkah al mokarama.

in saudi arabia

alot of people are buying pets to go to the market (ella man rahem allah)

to see the girls

& because the girls love the pets cats or dogs

they gave their number to the boys & get dating which is prohibbted

in the religion

(right)

thats why the saudi goverment stopped that who salling al dogs or cats

=)

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salaam,

Domesticated animals do not survive well when left to fend for themselves. The owning of cats and dogs (for herding and protection) is permitted in Islam. So their interpretation is skewed. I think it would make more sense to have all those police to nip the men's behavior than to put hundreds of animals in danger of starvation due to neglect. This is a bit like cutting off your own nose because you have a pimple on it.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

You put into words what I had on my mind. That's probably the best analogy I've heard. Sometimes, things are just taken too far and too many things are limited. Salam alaikum.

aelshamy

ِAlsalam 3alikom

The most narrating companion for Hadith is Abd Alrahman bin Sakher Radia allah anh, but all of us dont know this name because we know him as Abou Hurairah.
He was called "Abou Hurairah" by rasoul allah sala allah aliah wa salam.
for who dont know arabic: "Abou" means "father of" but here it means "who alawys has", and Hurairah means "small cat" because he always had cat on his arm

Sakib

♣♦Sakib♦♣

this just poped in my head.....hunting birds are permited....but....to train these birds you take them from thier nest while they are still young.....don't you? Are you aloud to take birds from thier nest while they are still small?

just wonderin....random thought

Khalil2u

Funny

Saudi men picking up women in the streets. Sounds like the west is taking over every where. I wish we had morality police in USA.:SMILY303:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

This is too funny. We have so much to do and how we waste time and energy.
We do have morality police in the US. This country was a wonderful place to grow up and then the moral manic took over. Ask anyone over 45 and they will tell you.

A woman found a puppy left in a Walmart cart in November in the mountains. The puppy was left overnight in the cold...what coud I do....she is very happy on a farm now.

I had someone knock on my door. It was the developmentally delayed young woman who could not take care of her six week old puppy. She had tears in her eyes. What could I do.

I was walking in the park when a kitten less than six weeks old rubbed my sons shoe...this was the day before his birthday...what could I do?

There are five goldfish ...they keep growing...

I need birds next I guess...

May Allah forgive me..but my dog is a good guard dog...I live with my sons in what I say is a very colorful neighborhood...

The kitten drives the dog crazy but it has not discovered the aquarium.

Maybe I need to go to town with my menagrie and catch me a husband!!!