seeing quran(ziarat)

MOSABJA

Few days ago I was with my friend .When he was about to go with me.before going from home her mother asked him to see the quran.so she opened up the quran my friend saw it and we came out.

I am not sure about the practice.they call it ziarat of quran or just seeing quran .I am not sure if its a bidah or some authentic hadith is present that there is some barkat or thawab in seeing quran.

can anybody clarify please

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

nothing of this practice is found in Qur'an, sunnah or sahaba's (ra) actions.

so its Bidah and only Bidah!!

advice ur friend and her mother gently that its not right. its a sin and not a rewardable action.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Few days ago I was with my friend .When he was about to go with me.before going from home her mother asked him to see the quran.so she opened up the quran my friend saw it and we came out.

I am not sure about the practice.they call it ziarat of quran or just seeing quran .I am not sure if its a bidah or some authentic hadith is present that there is some barkat or thawab in seeing quran.

can anybody clarify please

:salam2:

During the time of the Prophet, Quran was not written on a single book, like we have today.

It was memorized and written on bones, skins, etc. So there no one mushaf (book) to go and "see"

Later on Sahabas did compile and wrote it into a single place. But, even during that time we don't have any of "seeing" Quran ceremonies.

Whoever starts a new thing in Islaam has to bring proof for it, rather than starting an new thing in Islaam and demanding if it there is proof that it is wrong .

:wasalam:

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Hummm ... I assume this bidah has been recenltly invented by Pakistanis to protect themselves from suicide attacks....though all 72 sects and countless inventions are there in our beloved country BUT I never came across this "absorbing barakah by seeing Qur'an" teminology before.

kia abb bhi hamaray gaoun main ghughroo hain hawa ke paoun main
ya aag lagi hai chaoun main abb waqat ka dhara kaisa hai

kehtay hain ke ghar abb zindan hain, suntay hain ke zindan maqtal hain
yeh jabar khuda ke naam pe hai yeh zulam khudara kaisa hai

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
kia abb bhi hamaray gaoun main ghughroo hain hawa ke paoun main
ya aag lagi hai chaoun main abb waqat ka dhara kaisa hai

kehtay hain ke ghar abb zindan hain, suntay hain ke zindan maqtal hain
yeh jabar khuda ke naam pe hai yeh zulam khudara kaisa hai

i know urdu but am poor in Sher-o-Shayri.:D

so can u write it down in english for me and non-urdu members? :)