Seeking to Revert

teaky

I am glad to have found this site, I have been reading several books on Islam and also am reading the Quran and a I am facinated by Islam. I suppose I could be called a very disallusioned Christian and finding there is so much ambiguity in Christian Teachings (especially when is comes to worshiping Images of Saints).

Shortly I hope to that the Shahadah and truly embrace Islam.

Peace and Blessing to you all

Bluegazer

Hello teaky,

Welcome to TurnToIslam. I hope you have a pleasant and informative time here.

I gather from your following statement that you're a Catholic?

I suppose I could be called a very disallusioned Christian and finding there is so much ambiguity in Christian Teachings (especially when is comes to worshiping Images of Saints).

I think you'll find some very surprising things about the Catholic Church's position about Islam when you read my posts in another forum. Please click on the following link:

http://www.imanway.com/en/showthread.php?t=4070

I hope you all the best teaky.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

PaxVobiscum

Submitted'nSatisfied
Hello and welcome teaky to TTI,

It is very very nice to know that your heart is open towards Islam. Allah says in the Quran:

29:69 And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.
Dear brother/sister, I would suggest that if your heart is satisfied on the oneness of Allah and the prophethood of Muhammad (peace be upon him) then do not delay taking the Shahadah. Remember to keep praying to the one true Creator (Allah) to guide you to the truth. The Quran teaches us to pray for guidance in this way (this is the opening chapter of the Quran):

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds
Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Master of the Day of Judgment
Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek
Show us the straight way,
The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray

I am sure you will find lots of useful information on this website and please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Praying for you,
Your Brother

proud muslim

peace be with u,

hey teaky wellcome to TTI... u'll find all information u wanna know in this site ..u can ask all questions u wanna ask freely and u'll find an answer to all of them God willing ...may Allah guide u and us to the true path ameen

peace

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Greetings

Greetings Uncle Teaky,
Its really wonderful to have you here at TTI. We all here at TTI welcome you with all sincerity and respect. It feels really good to know that Allah SWT has beautified Islam to you and has guided you to the true path. I request you uncle, to go through the threads on the basics of Islam. And yea, looking forward to the good news soon, inshaAllah. May Allah make it easy for you.

(A request- Do not wait, JUST DO IT !)
:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

yusuf125

as salaamu alaykum teaky:

I to was in that position only a short time ago.
i was raised catholic and always felt that god wanted me to worship him, but i could not find satisfactory answers to many questions.
many times i even concidered joining a monastery with the hopes that a life time of prayer and poverty would bring me closer to god but i could never bring myself to accept that god would want a person to withdraw from society.
i had read the bible and what stood out to me most was the part where isa (p.b.u.h.) instructed his followers to go out and spread the message. in one version it is reported that he (isa, p.b.u.h.) told them not to take even a staff. in another version it was to take only a staff. i rationalized this contradiction at first by thinking that the meaning was that the message can be interpereted in many ways, and to not take the book literally.
this, of course posed more questions than it answered and, consequently, i abandon any hope of finding answers in the bible.
following this expirience i attempted to use reason to understand religon and how god wanted us to behave.
when the mysterious events of sept. 11th 2001 occured and the media was blaming muslims, i decided to find out more about this "strange religon". my purpose was to understand my enemy.
i bought an english translation of the qur'an and began to read it.
i was amazed. i found myself saying "yes, yes, yes". this book makes more sense to me than any other book i have read. i noticed that many of the things in the book were things that i had already come to belive simply because they made more sense than what i had read in the bible.
it took 5 years, from the time i was introduced to the qur'an to the time i took shahadah.
i would encourage you to learn as much as you can, and to take shahadah as soon as you can. to view life and the world as a new muslim is an experience i would wish on everyone who is searching for truth.
to me, coming from catholicism to islam was like being released from a dark prison into a beautifully lit garden. i think that transformation is like a metaphor for the transition from this life to paradise

I am glad to have found this site, I have been reading several books on Islam and also am reading the Quran and a I am facinated by Islam. I suppose I could be called a very disallusioned Christian and finding there is so much ambiguity in Christian Teachings (especially when is comes to worshiping Images of Saints).

Salaamlikum (peace be upon you),

You are not a "disallussioned Christian," Allah only guides whom He wills. He bestowed his favors on you, for He could of very well replaced you and I with someone else. As a Muslim, it's our duty to pass our faith and knowledge to others. If you truely feel in your heart that Islam is correct, you should take your Shahadah ASAP, because you don't know if you will live tomorrow or the next hour. You don't want to die, knowing that you knew the truth. May Allah bring the best for you yet to come.

Your brother in Islam

justoneofmillion

a big welcome to you sister guess what? there are people who have been muslim all their life and who are still fascinated by this religion, islam is a pure ,wild and rare flower that allows it self to be touched only by those whom Allah swt has chosen to guide only by those who return to him with humility and pure heart, an eternal and everlasting beauty that never finnishes to astonish and fascinate those who wish to see it growing within themselves, alhamdulilah that Allah swt has shown you the way ,may it be the beggining of a new day for you in this journey may he protect and watch over you,give you patience and hope, give you the courage and the strainght to face whatever comes,soften yor heart by his words when you feel angry and dry your tears when you are sad.inschallah when i see the state of the world today all the wars the hypocrisy, and all the suffering i become muslim everyday!:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

Noor to shine

All praise be to Allah who opened your heart to the Truth of Islam. Islam is our way to peace , happiness and Paradise by the mercy of Allah swt.
:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
take you shahada

HI TEAKY
WELCOME TO TTI
YOU SHOULD SAY YOUR SHAHADA AS FAST AS POSSIBLE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IS YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH IF YOU THINK ABOUTH You don't how to pray salaat you can learn it after you embrace ISLAM and other thing about ISLAM

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Peace be with you, Teaky

Welcome to the Turn to Islam website. God willing, you will find all the information you need here. Enjoy!

Sonia88

:salam2:

hope you learn alot, im sure you'll find all the help you need as everyone is so nice.

take care

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
hi,Teaky
welcome to TTI..enjoy ur stay..

Alhamdulillah u know why islam ? is the Turth..

islam is the religion of Allah

Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning. (3 :19 )

islam is the religion accepted by Allah

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers. ( 3 :85)

the key of islam is Shahada ..You have to do it: do it and don’t hesitate

The Shahada can be declared as follows:

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah

..Don't forget All us with u n All us here ur family..

i leave u in care of Allah

may Allah direct All us to the right path..n Reward All us paradise n All us meet there..

peace,

islamicfajr

mamoun

in the name of Allah
Dear brothers and sisters
Mashallah, here we have another brother who inshallah will join our great Religion soon, I hope you brother all the best, and may Allah help you, guide you, and support you all the time.

Allah bless us All

justmuslim1986

teaky-seeking to revert

hi, teaky i just wanted to wish all the best and tell you to ask guidance from the Almighty Allah and he will guides:SMILY149: on the straight path.

all the best from a muslim sister

hijabi:

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
:salam2: Teaky!
Feel free to ask questions.
MashAllah! Everyone here is so nice, cooperative and friendly here.You can easily share your feelings and thoughts with Muslim brothers and Sisters here.

misalat

dear sister,
i believe you are so lucky that Allah ( God the Almighty) has shown you the light and the doors to enter into His mercy ... i would suggest once you found the truth you should not hesitate as time is so praciouse .... the sooner you proclaim the shahada the better for you....
May Allah - the Al mighty guide us all to the right path. Ameen!
:tti_sister: