serious ignorance amongst muslims

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
I have noticed during all he years i learned more and more about islam, that many muslims misunderstand their own religion...for example the issue of virginity

still many men just think women have to bleed on the wedding night otherwise they are NOT virgins, which is compelte nonsense...no where in islam is such a thing required...

this is a comment I got today to my video, a man/brother claiming the fatwas are wrong (fatwas are from a trustworthy page www.islamweb.net)

this guy even claims it is haram if the husband doesn't check his wife...but hasn't this person realized through studying islam that it is forbidden to know other muslim's secrets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5okVEWMKRQ

ShariaTV
Salam sister, your fatwa is wrong, in islam a muslim woman and a muslim man must remain virgin till marriage, for the woman its checked by the blood trickle on the first night its abscence raise serious questions because in islam its unlawful to marry a nonvirgin woman unless she is a convert who converted after she had lost her virginity to a boyfriend, the Hymen was created by Allah for that purpose. Fornicators can marry each other its ok. it is Haram if you do not check your wife.

what would you reply such a person ? :)

abu turaab

:salam2: thats why i say that we must not blindly follow the fatwas as many muslims do so!!..a similar kind of example is...when a few days back...a sister asked..."what i'm to do first? to get marry or do hajj??".and most of the bro and sis favored in getting married first but i didn't!!..then one brother quoted a fatwa from a mufte that .."if you fear to commit zina you should get married in first place and then perform hajj"...innna-lillah........short-visioned and superfitial statement than a fatwa i would say it!!..just think that how a person have sacred thoughts of performing hajj and getting prepared for it along with contaminated evil thoughts of commiting zina!!!...bcz hajj must require purification of the heart as your going to spend your money and a lot of effort/physical exertion as well!!...which also includes some conditions of fasting!..i.e. refraining from engaging in love-making with your zaoj!...and still you're planning to find someone for zina!!!!!...ina-lillahe-wa-innna-alaihe-rajeon!!.all i can say is tha.. we muslims must learn our deen deeply and always consult a group of authentice scholors than just a scholor...and ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!.i've just stated my view point and nothing offensive
w/salaam..

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
:salam2: thats why i say that we must not blindly follow the fatwas as many muslims do so!!..a similar kind of example is...when a few days back...a sister asked..."what i'm to do first? to get marry or do hajj??".and most of the bro and sis favored in getting married first but i didn't!!..then one brother quoted a fatwa from a mufte that .."if you fear to commit zina you should get married in first place and then perform hajj"...innna-lillah........short-visioned and superfitial statement than a fatwa i would say it!!..just think that how a person have sacred thoughts of performing hajj and getting prepared for it along with contaminated evil thoughts of commiting zina!!!...bcz hajj must require purification of the heart as your going to spend your money and a lot of effort/physical exertion as well!!...which also includes some conditions of fasting!..i.e. refraining from engaging in love-making with your zaoj!...and still you're planning to find someone for zina!!!!!...ina-lillahe-wa-innna-alaihe-rajeon!!.all i can say is tha.. we muslims must learn our deen deeply and always consult a group of authentice scholors than just a scholor...and ALLAH KNOWS BEST!!.i've just stated my view point and nothing offensive
w/salaam..

interesting, you just mixed two different subjects..they both might reflect ignorance but they are not the same thing. I didn't really understand if you were in favour of what the guy said or not.

oh and another thing, marriage is half our deen :)

Sorry for being a bit slow

--Edina--

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Sister my response to such a person will be the same as Allah SWT said,

قُلۡ هَاتُواْ بُرۡهَـٰنَڪُمۡ إِن ڪُنتُمۡ صَـٰدِقِينَ
"Produce your proof if you are truthful."​

Ask them to bring their proof from Quran and Sunnah nad not from their own understanding.​

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah

Ask them to bring their proof from Quran and Sunnah nad not from their own understanding.​

yes exactly

still many men just think women have to bleed on the wedding night otherwise they are NOT virgins, which is compelte nonsense...no where in islam is such a thing required...

this is a comment I got today to my video, a man/brother claiming the fatwas are wrong (fatwas are from a trustworthy apge www.islamweb.net)

this guy even claims it is haram if the husband doesn't check his wife...but hasn't this person realized through studying islam that it is forbidden to know other muslim's secrets!
may be he just read only the bible . in bible there are verse about virginity where it stets that its better to marry virgin and other things. But i have never heard such fatwas.What should i cheack my wife´s virginity before marry? Give me a break!

ANd people should ask those doctors who are busy with woman body. And i am 99% that there is no garantie a woman must have to bleed to prove his virginity. allah knows the best.
Salam sister, your fatwa is wrong, in islam a muslim woman and a muslim man must remain virgin till marriage,

Muslim must remain virgin till marriege. But we should also keep in our mind that there is nothing wrong to marry a woman who is not a virgin.Because the wive´s of prophet mohammad(sw) most of them were also not virgin when prophet mohammad(sw) marry them.

:.."if you fear to commit zina you should get married in first place and then perform hajj"...innna-lillah........short-visioned and superfitial statement than a fatwa i would say it!!..just think that how a person have sacred thoughts of performing hajj and getting prepared for it along with contaminated evil thoughts of commiting zina!!!....

Akhi i didn´t get your point. your sentences was alittle bit remix.

I just wanted to say , that fatwa make sence. And i have my own experience. when i was this year for umrah in saudi it was reallllyyyy tough to control my eyes.

And if someones nafs is out of control then they should also marry first. when i was there i just wanted to leave mecca because to do sin in mecca is really unbelievble .

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Jazakillahu khayr sister for bringing this up, its actually quite important topic.

I think it is to do with culture, especially in some Arab societies or others.

Whats worse is, a lot of these people think it is absolutely fine for their sons to go around having girlfriends and having sex before marriage, but they beat the living daylights out of their daughter, or even kill her if they had slightest doubt that she spoke to a boy. It might not even be true, but people ACT on Rumour. There are even cases where mothers/fathers have killed their own daughters. Astaghfirullah.

This is allll ignorance. And the people who do these things are big criminals!! who will be punished by Allah the Most high.

Islam is Deen of ease, and the people should get married according to Shari'ah.

The boy and girl have to speak in presence of Mahram, but they can speak to each other and have choice in this matter. Even, if a girl was to know about a boy that she heard was good or even she happened to see in the Masjid or in the street, there is nothing wrong with her telling her family about it. Its normal, it is sensible and in Shari'ah it is halal.

THe haram is if they actually met up alone and had boyfriend/girlfriend relationship before. Even if they did not commit Zina, it is haram for them see each other in such a way.

The Parents should be accessible and have taught their children Islam properly from young age for them to know right and wrong. Also, for them to have confidence that their parents will do what is best for them and will not stop them from marrying a good Muslim. AND, especially for them to realise the beauty of Islam and why it is important to marry a good Muslim.

Islam provides perfect system for marriage, it provides the right framework for two people to live happily together forever, inshaAllah.

Firstly, it stops two people just "falling in love", because this blinds a person and they can not really see the other person for who he/she really is.

Secondly, it stops them from destroying their lives by them doing Zinaa and having illegitimate child. As is often the case, the guy gets away, never to be seen again and leaves the girl with the child...

Infact, there are many many problems with every system except for the Islamic one. For the Islamic one is from Allah, the Most High. Even if we can not comprehend its beauty and perfectness.

If the man and woman both really love Islam, Fear Allah and care for Quran and Sunnah and implement it in their lives according to the understanding of the Salaf Salih (pious predecessors) they can settle any dispute! If indeed a dispute arises at all.

This is why it is very important to make sure everything is right, that the person who is to get married makes sure their potential partner really knows and cares for Islam. The girl got make sure the guy she marries is not a single brain-celled male chauvinist with no care at all for Quran and Sunnah!!! and the guy got make sure his wife will also follow the Islamic teachings and have patience.

It is also something that should never be rushed. Infact, I have had emails from New Muslim sisters who married people they met either off internet or whilst on holiday (mainly North African men - Moroccan / Egyptian 99% of the time!!!) who happened to just have Muslim name and thats it. Who sweet talked their way into getting married, most of the time illegally (without any Wali (guardian) for girl, without any proper contract!!).

So, New Muslims in particular and those new to learning about Islam, Must not worry about getting married! They should learn Islam first, learn Tawheed, Aqeedah, learn about what a real Muslim man is, what real Muslim woman is, how is marriage done in Islam? - Authentic Islamic knowledge is key to getting wiser on these matters inshaAllah and can save us from making mistakes.

wasalam

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah

So, New Muslims in particular and those new to learning about Islam, Must not worry about getting married! They should learn Islam first, learn Tawheed, Aqeedah, learn about what a real Muslim man is, what real Muslim woman is, how is marriage done in Islam? - Authentic Islamic knowledge is key to getting wiser on these matters inshaAllah and can save us from making mistakes.

wasalam

yes exactly, thanks for your reply, can I ask if you also believe that www.islamweb.net is a trustworthy page?

Isn't it quite sinful of that guy to say the fatwas are false, while they are very well documented from quran and sunnah, while he himself doesn't bring proof from quran nor sunnah, just like the man, I mentioned in my post.

jazak Allah khayr

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

Although the articles and things there seem to be upon Quran and Sunnah, the only thing I would be concerned about is not knowing who answers the questions. They write>

Fatwa answered by: The Fatwa Center at Islamweb

And there is nothing about the Fatwa center and who they are. When Issuing fatwa, it is important to name the Scholar, name the reference, i.e. it is in this and this book, page number, fatwa number.. etc

--- But, I do not think that the person who objected to the fatwa did so on that merit !! They object because they do not like what they read and so are doing sin. Even if the evidence is clear and infront of them, there are people who continue to deny it, unfortunately. - If there is Quran and Hadith and they deny it, then it is an act of kufr and can make them fall out of Islam.

Allah guide us all and make us firm Muslim, who stand up for Quran and Sunnah and for our Muslim brothers and sisters - Amin

wasalam

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
assalamu alaykum,

Although the articles and things there seem to be upon Quran and Sunnah, the only thing I would be concerned about is not knowing who answers the questions. They write>

Fatwa answered by: The Fatwa Center at Islamweb

And there is nothing about the Fatwa center and who they are. When Issuing fatwa, it is important to name the Scholar, name the reference, i.e. it is in this and this book, page number, fatwa number.. etc

--- But, I do not think that the person who objected to the fatwa did so on that merit !! They object because they do not like what they read and so are doing sin. Even if the evidence is clear and infront of them, there are people who continue to deny it, unfortunately. - If there is Quran and Hadith and they deny it, then it is an act of kufr and can make them fall out of Islam.

Allah guide us all and make us firm Muslim, who stand up for Quran and Sunnah and for our Muslim brothers and sisters - Amin

wasalam

Fatwa answered by: Fatwa Team Supervised by Dr. Abdulla Al-Faqeeh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Our most serious ignorance is our inability to act. We spend so much time on trival issues and we are so fearful to act on serious matters.

abu turaab

:salam2: i realy just mixed two different subjects!..well my response was only pertaining to the hajj or marriage preference issue and it wasn't to the topic actualy very much off the topic and thats what created confusion!..i'm sorry for that..subhan-ALLAH sister!..surely i'll never assure what that guy says...whoever denys that fatwa on virginity or a verdict on any other issue based on the ultimate Qur'an and sunnah!! he's to check his inner and renew his imaan...May ALLAH keep me straight and safe from being astrayed and whenever i die;die a muslim...a muslim as liked by ALLAH sub'hanaho-wa-ta'alah!
:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Only a genius would said this. Very short sentence but the meanings are too deep.