Shaking Hands with a Non-Mahram

Mehry

:salam2: sis's and bro's i read this somewhere and wanted to share it with all of u............

This is one of the cases where incorrect social customs have taken precedence over the laws of Allah, to such an extent that if you try to talk to people and show them evidnece that that this is wrong, they will accuse you of being backward, having a complex, trying to break family ties, doubting their good intentions, and other things. Shaking hands with cousins, brothers wives, sisters husbands etc is now easier than drinking water in our society, but if we look properly we will understand the seriousness of the matter.

The Prophet :saw: said: "If one of you were to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle it would be better for him than touching a woman/man whom he/she is not permitted to touch" reported by al-Tabaraani, 20/212; see also Saheeh al-jaami, 4921.
Theres no doubt that this is an act of zinaa, because the Prophet :saw: said: "The eyes commit zinaa, the hands commit zinaa, the feet commit zinaa and the private parts comit zinaa"reported by Imaam Ahmad, 1/412; see also Saheeh al-jaami, 4921.

Is there anyone more pure in heart than Muhammad :saw:? Yet still he said "I do not shake hands with women" reported by Imaam Ahmad, 6/357; see also Saheeh al-jaami, 7054, and al-Isaabah, 4/354, Daar al Kitaab al-'Arabi edition.

He also said "I do not touch the hands of women"

"Aa"ishah (ra) said: No, by Allah, the hand of the Messenger of Allah :saw: never touched the hand of a non-mahram.

:jazaak:
May Allah guide us all to the right path inshallah:tti_sister: