Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah) about Salafi Da'wah

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah) warns the Muslims from forming a Salafi "Group"

By Sheikh Ibn al-'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah)

From his [the Prophet](SAW) statement,

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah",

It can be learnt that if parties (ahzaab) within the ummah emerge in increasing numbers then one should not affiliate himself to a party (hizb). In the past, many groups have appeared; Khawaarij, Mu'tazilah, Jahmiyyah, Shee'ah, even Raafidah. Then there appeared, later on Ikhwanis, Salafis, Tablighis, and all those like them. Put all of them to one side and take [the path] ahead. Which is what the Prophet SAW guided to. "Adhere to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs." No doubt, it is obligatory for all Muslims to adopt the way of the salaf as their madhhab, not affiliation to a specific party (hizb) named, "The Salafis". It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

What is the objective? Following the Salaf. Why? The salafi brothers are the closest sect to that which is right, no doubt, but their problem is the same as others, that some of these sects declare others as being misguided, they declare them to be innovators and as being sinners. We don't censure this, if they deserve it, but we censure handling this bid'ah in this way. It is obligatory for the leaders of these sects to get together and say, “Between us is the book of Allah, and the Sunnah of His messenger, so lets us judge by them and not according to desires, opinions and not according to personalities. Everyone makes mistakes and achieves correctness no matter what he has reached with regards to knowledge and worship. Infallibility is [only] in the religion of Islam."
In this hadeeth the Prophet SAW guided to the way in which a person secures himself. He doesn't affiliate him to any sect, only the way of the salaf as-salih, to the Sunnah of our Prophet SAW and the rightly guided caliphs.​

island muslim

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah) warns the Muslims from forming a Salafi "Group"

By Sheikh Ibn al-'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah)

From his [the Prophet](SAW) statement,

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah",

It can be learnt that if parties (ahzaab) within the ummah emerge in increasing numbers then one should not affiliate himself to a party (hizb). In the past, many groups have appeared; Khawaarij, Mu'tazilah, Jahmiyyah, Shee'ah, even Raafidah. Then there appeared, later on Ikhwanis, Salafis, Tablighis, and all those like them. Put all of them to one side and take [the path] ahead. Which is what the Prophet SAW guided to. "Adhere to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs." No doubt, it is obligatory for all Muslims to adopt the way of the salaf as their madhhab, not affiliation to a specific party (hizb) named, "The Salafis". It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

What is the objective? Following the Salaf. Why? The salafi brothers are the closest sect to that which is right, no doubt, but their problem is the same as others, that some of these sects declare others as being misguided, they declare them to be innovators and as being sinners. We don't censure this, if they deserve it, but we censure handling this bid'ah in this way. It is obligatory for the leaders of these sects to get together and say, “Between us is the book of Allah, and the Sunnah of His messenger, so lets us judge by them and not according to desires, opinions and not according to personalities. Everyone makes mistakes and achieves correctness no matter what he has reached with regards to knowledge and worship. Infallibility is [only] in the religion of Islam."
In this hadeeth the Prophet SAW guided to the way in which a person secures himself. He doesn't affiliate him to any sect, only the way of the salaf as-salih, to the Sunnah of our Prophet SAW and the rightly guided caliphs.​

AsSalaam Alaiykum Warahmatallah,

Akhi Mabsoot , I am very thankful you posted this as there have been postings by this group in the forum always refuting one or the other.

I just want to attach the MP3 OF Sheikh Uthaymeen (May allah have mercy on him ameen) from which brother Mabsoot has put in the text in this thread to further compliment the text.

Jazakumallah khairan wa jazaa ya akhi mabsoot.

Attachments

• tahzir_salafiya.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 76

Shishani

Staff member
We should differentiate of other astray groups. Just like the 'Ulamaa in the past called themselves Ahlul-Hadeeth and Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Djamaa'ah etc. But having kibr (arrogance) by calling yourself "Salafee" isn't good. We should say we're Salafiyyeen especially when some Ahlul-Bid'ah are around...

But we will be on the Path of the Salaf, i.e. Salafiyyoon, inshaaAllaah.

saif

:salam2:

Thanks for these words of wisdom. This is why, I would always call myself just muslim. My faithfulness belongs to Qur'an and Sunnah and not a certain group.

:wasalam:

Specialized

AsSalaam Alaiykum Warahmatallah,

Akhi Mabsoot , I am very thankful you posted this as there have been postings by this group in the forum always refuting one or the other.

I just want to attach the MP3 OF Sheikh Uthaymeen (May allah have mercy on him ameen) from which brother Mabsoot has put in the text in this thread to further compliment the text.

Jazakumallah khairan wa jazaa ya akhi mabsoot.

W/S

I dont understand arabic, what does he say ? Is there an English version? InshaAllah please get back to me.

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
Mashallah tht was a wonderful post. I always wondered why some ppl are callin themselves the salafi. So i wanted to ask this question my local imam. This post answers the question i had So Jazallah khayr bro masud.

a_stranger

:salam2:
Please brothers and sisters don`t rush ...........I have a deep respect for Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah).....For sure Islam is Quran and correct Sunna and the practise of the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam no more ......and when muslems differ they should return to Quran and correct hadiths and try to learn with pure intention to please Allah swt .........In Saudi Arabia the islamic law is adopted and people should follow islam in every aspect.....(but it is not as it should be:astag: ).....while in other countries other ways are worked with .....and people hardly can live an islamic life (no freedom for muslems) .Some muslems tried to be stronger by being united that is why we see some gatherings for muslems .......they are not sects or different .....it is just a way to keep islam strong and present ....all these gatherings should return to Quran and sunna .....all of them just muslems working for Islam ......all of them should be united .....so please read histroy of the east and see how is things going on and how those gatherings kept islam and worked for ......and Allah knows best. with regards for all.