"She is definitely no good for you"

unique_princess

AlQudsu tunadeena
:salam2:

Ash sha’bi related that he one day heard Al Mughirah Bin Shuba say.
“ The only per son who ever defeated me in any thing was a young man from the clan of Banu Al Harith bin Ka’b. that occurred when I proposed to a woman from Banu Al Harith. When I did so a young man from the same clan was seated nearbyand heard everything I said.
He then approached me and said, “ O leader she is definitely no good for you!”
I said, “O son of my brother, what is wrong with her?”
He said, “ I once saw a man kiss her!”
I immediately withdrew my proposal, but I later found out that the very same man had married her. I went to him and said, “ did you not tell me that you saw a man kiss her?”
He said, “Yes, I once saw her father kiss her”

ma assalaama

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I don't understand........is her father not allow to kiss her.............explain please.

The story is about how that man fooled the guy by telling him that he saw the girl kissed by someone else and did not initially inform him that it was her father, so that he could marry the girl himself..that's how I understood it atleast, someone correct me if I'm wrong..yeah it was a bit confusing aaaand ummm so selfish of that guy :girl3:

muhammad.abdullah

AOA
I believe the lesson is that if you like someone or love someone for that matter, let only ethics and morals be your boundries that stop you from planning to have her. And ofcourse, deen is even above morals and ethics.

ws

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member

Ash sha’bi related that he one day heard Al Mughirah Bin Shuba say.
“ The only per son who ever defeated me in any thing was a young man from the clan of Banu Al Harith bin Ka’b. that occurred when I proposed to a woman from Banu Al Harith. When I did so a young man from the same clan was seated nearbyand heard everything I said.
He then approached me and said, “ O leader she is definitely no good for you!”
I said, “O son of my brother, what is wrong with her?”
He said, “ I once saw a man kiss her!”
I immediately withdrew my proposal, but I later found out that the very same man had married her. I went to him and said, “ did you not tell me that you saw a man kiss her?”
He said, “Yes, I once saw her father kiss her”

ma assalaama

salaam alikom

lol this in one way funny and tricky and the man was honest, if
Mughirah Bin Shuba asked who was the man, I am sure the other man would told him :)

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam
ahh.
i thinck tne story gives us a lesson that some time wat u see isnt true.
situation can b diffrent than wat v thinck.
thanx for sharing with us.
FI AMANILLAH

q8penpals

Salam

I agree with some of the others - the idea of the story is that the man who withdrew his proposal for the woman did not wait to hear the full story. He judged based solely on one small piece of information. Only God can judge people. Even if it hadn't been her father, I could picture so many other situations that would still save the woman from being considered a "loose" woman...

It is soooooo important to find out as many facts about anything before you make a decision or judgement.

Lana

warda A

Sister
AOA
I believe the lesson is that if you like someone or love someone for that matter, let only ethics and morals be your boundries that stop you from planning to have her. And ofcourse, deen is even above morals and ethics.

ws
i agree brother
people should never judge others because of rumours.
:wasalam:

unique_princess

AlQudsu tunadeena

it's intresting to see what my brthers and sisters came up with.

the lesson is what most of you said, don't judge some one because of what you hear...if it is going to benefit you by finding out the truth, do so. if not, leave it. it is not your place to judge. every thing you hear is not true.

ma assalaama

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
jealousy is a bad thing...he just fooled him..we should NOT listen to what people gossip about others...we should try to hear different oppinions etc.