shi'a and sunni

Status
Not open for further replies.

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
All prasie be to Allaah(swt), The Creator, Most Mighty and peace be to his Last messenger muhammed
I pray to Allaah(swt) he will one day unite the sects of islaam into 1 ummah and bring together both shi'as and sunni into harmony
I pray He bids us refuge from the evil within ourselves and the evil without
i pray He bids us refuge from the hideousness of kufr and bids us sanctuary for the beauty of true imaan and true beleif

I pray He bids us refuge from the false messiah ed-dejjel and speeds the coming of the promised leader Muhammed el -mehdi(as) ,and I aslo pray he speeds the return of the messiah isaa bin maryam(as)

salaam brothers and sisters in islaam

i would like to start a thread concerning the differences between shi'a and sunni islaam.
as a convert to islaam (((elhamdulilah)))) i dont know much between the differences...except that the difference between the shi'as and sunni's is politcal and historical grabage . we are all mulsims , we worship the same creator and follow the same the same prophet(saws). All i know is that there was once this caliph (uthman(ra))who wasnt like by the other muslims so was assasinated. Then 'ali was elected caliph. (ra)
then asiha(ra) didn't like ali(ra) so set up a war against him:SMILY286:

(from wikipedia) on the way to Basra in Iraq, the rebel army received news that Ali had come out of Madina in their pursuit. They decided to leave the main road and proceed to Basra through a different route. When they passed through the valley of Haw'ab, the dogs of the village surrounded Ayesha's camel, barking loudly. She was immediately worried and asked for the name of the place. When she was told it was Haw'ab, she was shocked and she cried, "Alas! Alas! I am the wretched woman of Haw'ab. The prophet of Allah had already warned me against this."

She was reminded of what Umm Salama hade told her:

"I also remind you that you and I were with the prophet of Allah and he said to us: 'Which one of you will be the rider of the trained camel, at whom the dogs of Haw'ab will bark, and she will have deviated from the right path?' We said: 'We seek refuge from Allah and his prophet from that'. He touched your back and said: 'Don't be that one, O Humayra.'" Aisha said: "I remember that."

Aisha remembered the warning of Prophet Muhammad, and she cried and said: "Take me back! Take me back!" But Talha and Zubair brought fifty men and bribed them to testify in front of her that this place was not the plain of Haw'ab.

Some historians consider those fifty men to be the first ones who gave a falsified group testimony in the history of Islam(from wikipedia battle of basra)

aisha(ra) lost and then more fighting and nosnsense between believers came after that.:SMILY286:
then blah blah balah more politcal garabage and fighting between Believers

this should never have happened cuz they were all believers(muslims):SMILY286:

as a sunni(one who tries to follow the sunnah of Muhammed(saws)i still believe in the significance of ali(ra) and the ahl ul beyt(people of the house) yet i dislike some parts of shi'a islaam

for example :
cutting up your head in crazy festivals
B]

their is also lot of bid'a in sh'a. The adhaan(call to prayer) is different then sang at the time of muhammed.(saws)
they also pray differently then at the time fo muhammed(saws). some pray 3 times not 5
their is also many many other things different.

could someone else please post some???:jazaak::jazaak::jazaak:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

We have many shi`a sunni discussions here, all/most of which end up being closed. We have some articles on the topic which can be found here, so please take a look through the necessary threads.

You mentioned that the differences are political, historical and that the shi`a have some innovation with them. Let me clarify this by saying that the differences at the time of the companions was political, however it wasn't long before the shi`a differed with ahl us-sunnah on many important aspects of creed. Bare that in mind, as even denying the rule of the righteous khaleefahs save that of `Alee's is a deficiency in creed. Hope that sheds some light on the matter, but please do refer to the necessary threads in the forum link provided above.

Jazaak Allaahu khayran.

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
As-salaamu `alaykum.

We have many shi`a sunni discussions here. all/most of which end up being closed. We have some articles on the topic which can be found here, so please take a look through the necessary threads.

You mentioned that the differences are political, historical and that the shi`a have some innovation with them. Let me clarify this by saying that the differences at the time of the companions was political, however it wasn't long before the shi`a differed with ahl us-sunnah on many important aspects of creed. Bare that in mind, as even denying the rule of the righteous khaleefahs save that of `Alee's is a deficiency in creed. Hope that sheds some light on the matter, but please do refer to the necessary threads in the forum link provided above.

Jazaak Allaahu khayran.
sorry
i'll take a look
thanks

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
No problem.

Referring back to information on this matter can kill much ignorance, clarify the misconceptions and prevent people from speaking from their whims, with no precedence or knowledge of the issue.

:wasalam:

rizzumd

Your brother
:salam2:
Don't read islamic history from wikipedia or some other non-islamic sites.
They don't have accurate information and many times mislead you.
Always refer to islamic sites or islamic scholars for controversial facts.
Though Ali(ra) fought against the army of Zubair(ra) and Talha(ra) in Battle of Camel near Basra.. They are all promised of Jannah by prophet Muhammad(pbuh). So.. we shouldn't judge who is correct and who is not correct. This is not upto us.. This is not matter of correct or wrong but difference of opinions among sahabas. We should read history to understand Fitna and learn lessons from that but we should not judge any of them..
:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.