Sister Leah ..... Allah, the Merciful, the Great

Leah

Allah, the Merciful, the Great

Wa salaam aleikoum!

Thank You for letting me be part of this community and I also give thanks and my humble obeiscances to the Most High and Merciful for showing me the Right Path; Al-Islam.

I am forever in debt to Allah (SWT) and Our beloved Profet Muhammed (SAAWS) and Inshah Allah, I will do my best to serve Ummah and be a help to spread Dawa to the whole world.

Here is my presentation (short version!):

I live in Sweden with my lovely family, I am married with 3 kids and a wonderful husband, mashAllah.
Right now I am a fulltime student and hope with the grace of Allah to take my teachers degree next year. I love kids and feel my calling to help them in this godless society to stay strong and focused.
I have several hobbies which craftswork like knitting is one of them but mostly I devote myselt to cooking and baking. Love it!

I love reading and have lots of books on religion, languages and healtsubjects.
We like to take walks and do things together as a family.
My husbands favorite thing is having a nice barbecue at home!
Myself, I am a raw vegan up to 80 procent (healthissues) but still cook for my family together with a lot of greens and vegetables.

Right know we can gourge on fresh summer produce here in Sweden and try new healthy reciepies.

I hope to find time to participate on this forum, though. I seems to be a nice place, right!?

Until next time;

Aleikoum salam!

Leah

Hajar

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sister,

Welcome to the forum!! Glad you joined us sister :)
InshaAllah you have a beneficial stay here.

Looking forward to your posts, and getting to know you better ...So inshaAllah i hope you will find the time to come and post!!

Feel free to PM anyone of us should you need help or are lost on something.

wa alaykum assalamu,

Hajar

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Leah said:
Wa salaam aleikoum!

Thank You for letting me be part of this community and I also give thanks and my humble obeiscances to the Most High and Merciful for showing me the Right Path; Al-Islam.

I am forever in debt to Allah (SWT) and Our beloved Profet Muhammed (SAAWS) and Inshah Allah, I will do my best to serve Ummah and be a help to spread Dawa to the whole world.

Here is my presentation (short version!):

I live in Sweden with my lovely family, I am married with 3 kids and a wonderful husband, mashAllah.
Right now I am a fulltime student and hope with the grace of Allah to take my teachers degree next year. I love kids and feel my calling to help them in this godless society to stay strong and focused.
I have several hobbies which craftswork like knitting is one of them but mostly I devote myselt to cooking and baking. Love it!

I love reading and have lots of books on religion, languages and healtsubjects.
We like to take walks and do things together as a family.
My husbands favorite thing is having a nice barbecue at home!
Myself, I am a raw vegan up to 80 procent (healthissues) but still cook for my family together with a lot of greens and vegetables.

Right know we can gourge on fresh summer produce here in Sweden and try new healthy reciepies.

I hope to find time to participate on this forum, though. I seems to be a nice place, right!?

Until next time;

Aleikoum salam!

Leah

Assalamu alaykum,

yes you are in the right place!

welcome to the site sister Leah.. MashaAllah, if thats short version feel free to add the long version.. heh we dont mind.

It sounds really nice in Sweden, growing your own food, thats great. Am not much of a gardener at moment.. but do have some Cherries and very nice Mint...

May Allah help you with your studies and bless you and your family..

Wasalam.

Ameer.

Leah

Salaam aleikoum!

Thank You, Hajar and Mabsoot, for Your sweet and funny welcomwagon!:smile:
I think I should say something like: "Jazakhayr" or something like it. That I need some help with, though. Proper Islamic sayings and etiquette here.

I must say that I've had some blessed moments already thanks to this site. I often listen to Adhan and Nasheed and everytime I feel so grateful...

I would like to share something with You, if that is alright.
A couple of month ago I had this strange dream. I dreamt that I met with some eldery Brothers in what I could call a gathering hall. There, I had a chance to show these elders my love and knowledge for Islam. I stood up on a small podium and started to recite the Holy Quran without any knowledge in arabic. I did it what seemed fluently. I woke up with all this warmth in my mind and soul.
Just two weeks ago, I came across a site, shortly before Yours, who told about this wonderful little girl in Iran who at a big contest started to recite. Just like in my dream. I could just as much be her. It was so surrealistic!
So for nearly everyday for fourteen days, I keep coming back to that little girl, listening and silently with tears coming down my cheek, just giving thanks and praise for Allah.
Takbir!

Now I must go. I am making a lovely honedew-drink with crushed icecubes. You simply put small ice-cubes along with melonchunks in a strong blender. Blend until creamy ( about 30 seconds) and You will end up with this lovely, lactosfree cooling summerdrink! Sooo nice!:D

Hope I didn't take to much of Your time.

Thank You!

Leah:smile:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Leah said:
Salaam aleikoum!

Thank You, Hajar and Mabsoot, for Your sweet and funny welcomwagon!:smile:
I think I should say something like: "Jazakhayr" or something like it. That I need some help with, though. Proper Islamic sayings and etiquette here.

I must say that I've had some blessed moments already thanks to this site. I often listen to Adhan and Nasheed and everytime I feel so grateful...

I would like to share something with You, if that is alright.
A couple of month ago I had this strange dream. I dreamt that I met with some eldery Brothers in what I could call a gathering hall. There, I had a chance to show these elders my love and knowledge for Islam. I stood up on a small podium and started to recite the Holy Quran without any knowledge in arabic. I did it what seemed fluently. I woke up with all this warmth in my mind and soul.
Just two weeks ago, I came across a site, shortly before Yours, who told about this wonderful little girl in Iran who at a big contest started to recite. Just like in my dream. I could just as much be her. It was so surrealistic!
So for nearly everyday for fourteen days, I keep coming back to that little girl, listening and silently with tears coming down my cheek, just giving thanks and praise for Allah.
Takbir!

Now I must go. I am making a lovely honedew-drink with crushed icecubes. You simply put small ice-cubes along with melonchunks in a strong blender. Blend until creamy ( about 30 seconds) and You will end up with this lovely, lactosfree cooling summerdrink! Sooo nice!:D

Hope I didn't take to much of Your time.

Thank You!

Leah:smile:

Wa alaykum Salam,

very beautiful post siter, jazak Allahu Khayr,

Jazak Allahu khayr means: May Allah reward you with good.

and according to Hadeeth, this is what the PRophet Muhammad :saw: recommended we say.

The reply to this saying is:

Wa 'Iyyaak(i) = and to you,

or you could say:

Barak Allahu Feek(i).= May Allah bless you

For woman you say feeki, or iyyaaki.. the ending of the word changes based on the gender you are speaking to.

Sounds like a very nice drink you described.. mashaAllah. no you did not take up our time, this website is made for people such as yourself to come and enjoy. And it is great to communicate with fellow Muslims from around the world, walhamdulilah.

Wasalam

rameezmahmood

Very nice story :) and lets see if i find time i shall make some of that delicious drink you are talking about and one question ... can you find halal food in SWEDEN?? :O just wondering lol

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
As Salaam Mu Alaykum...

I've got tons of interesting recipies for you...
I had an exchange student living by me from sweden her name is Henna... I'm due to pay her a visit soon in Sweden.... Oh you guys have got the best chocolates there... lol

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Nooriah said:
As Salaam Mu Alaykum...

I've got tons of interesting recipies for you...
I had an exchange student living by me from sweden her name is Henna... I'm due to pay her a visit soon in Sweden.... Oh you guys have got the best chocolates there... lol

Assalamu alaykum, if you like perhaps i can make an extra section for sisters, you can discuss things like fashion, add stuff like recipes etc there. :)

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Wa Alaykum...

Insha'Allah that would be wonderful.... That is an awesome idea...
A forum to discuss girly things.... lol how lovely...

Leah

Wa sallam aleikoum, dear brothers and sisters!

Though there are turbulent news coming in from abroad, I will quickly reply to You all.

First, I would like to express my appriciation for this wonderful site. Feels very comforting and educating!

And yes, actually. Thanks to the Mercy of Allah, we have Halalfood here. In one place, you simply go to Stockholm City (downtown) and in one of the popular marketplaces, Hötorget, You find fresh, halalmeat. You can also go to the suburbs like Tensta, Rinkeby to find small shops with halalfoods. Out here where I live I can by halalmeat but mostly stored and canned and some hotdogs made of halalchicken. It's great to be blessed like this and another thing is that I just discovered a new muslimfamily in the area! There kids are so sweet and well behaved, unlike most children here, mash Allah.:)

And so, if you fancy more fruity drinks for you to enjoy, I will come back tomorrow night with some recipies. Inshah Allah, you will find them tasty and satisfying.

Thank You!

Leah

Note: I'm going away for my holidays on Wednsday to visit my oldest daughter who stays in England for more than a year. She doesn't have a computer so I wont be able to visit the Forum until next week.

Leah

Wa salaam aleikoum!

I'm sorry for the delay but things were a little caotic when I got back from England. MashAllah,good news though; my daughter lives almost next door to a mosque! She is soon to be 20 and need a guideline in this life when so far away from us. I can only teach her and advice her on islamic issues over the cellphone and letters nowadays. But Allah willing, that will do too.

She also lives close to a shop only for women to visit. They sell islamic clothing for women and children and I simply had to buy a few items:)

When I got home, I discovered that our biggest islamic site in Swedish is now availible in Finnish, SubhanaAllah! I'll pray that Allah will do great wonders with the Finnish people, that they will turn to our Creator and Sustainer, InshaAllah!

I promised a few fruitdrinks and puddings so I will conclude with a few favorites of mine. The smoothies are best served cold in high glasses with a straw and the fruitpuddings in a nice dessertbowl. Hope You'll enjoy!

Blueberry Sweet:

2 bananas
½ a cup of blueberries (or more), semifrozen if you like
1 papaya, skinned and de-seeded
2 large dates or 4 small, stoned

Chop the dates roughly. Put everthing in a blender, blend and serve!

Red and Raw:

20 fresh cherries, stoned
1 papaya, skinned and de-seede
2 dates, stoned
10 strawberries
1 cup sprouted sunflower seeds
water to thin (to taste)
Blend all ingredients and drink!

Cloud (pudding):

2 bananas
1 ripe mango, skinned and stoned
1 fresh and ripe fig

Put everthing in a foodprocesser and process until it looks like a pudding.
Very light and fluffy!

Simple Strawbs:

2 bananas
1 cup or more of strawberries
10 violet grapes, seedless is good here
2 big dates, stoned

Chop the dates, put it all in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve!

(source: Shazzie's Detox Delights)

This is all for now but I will come back in a few days to check out the other forums here. Maybe we could have one regarding healthy, vegetarian recipies!?

Ma salaama!:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

welcome back sister Leah :) I hope you had a nice trip and that your daughter is doing well inshaAllah. MashaAllah, I am around 4 years older than your daughter!

I dont know many words in Finnish, just perhaps anteeksi lol

Those drinks sound nice, I hope i get time to make some... preferably in a nice warm relaxed atmosphere.... away from the UK. I just dont feel as relaxed or at peace like when i am in a Muslim country.

Take care, :)

and i look forward to more of your nice posts. inshaAllah perhaps we will make a sister's section and you can write some nice things for there.

Wasalam.

:salam2:
Welcome again sister Leah.
Thank you for the recipes :).
That's good that you visited your daughter, and you had nice trip