Sisters i need your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
:salam2:

hi, i was wondering should women go to demonstrations???

coz there myt be alot of body contact and they might get injured

please leme know wat you guyz think

:jazaak:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2: dear brother.

Yes ofcourse dear brother,Alhamdulillah.I would attend demonstations and I did attend Alhamdulillah.
And ofcourse ever Muslim girl or women can find a place for her and be safe,Inshallah.

May Allah bless you.

Salam.

hasinah

salaam..i agree with thariq2005 in that muslim women shouldnt go to demonstrations, i actually asked this question to someone (of great knowledge) yesterday to get a confirmation, if it is recommended or even acceptable, i still await their response and will post it on here inshaAllah..
ur right bro zayne about the body contact/being injured, aswell as the mixed environment, and also the general composure/manner of muslim women where, they voices will be raised and heard amongst the mixed crowd..if u think rationally it dont sound too great anyway lol but i will try and get to u on what the stance on this is

..also to add to what thariq2005 said about just making dua..of course this should be done we need the help of Allah, but it isnt the only thing, we have to help ourselves too, in order for Him to answer and guide us, and not just rely on our duaas to be answered and accepted (i mean what if it isnt?), action must be taken too, especially more so by our brothers (as u guys are the main body of this ummah, and only ur firmness (in imaan and approach) and movement will make the ummah go forward inshaAllah) by organising and attending demonstrations, meetings etc, BUT with sabr at the same time..a balance if u get me.

also muslims can show or not show that they are affected..either way they, the oppressors will carry on as they always have been, however if we show 1 front like how the ummah used to then they will realise once again that it isnt a war that they are going into knowing they have already won..by Allah they will never win!!
Remember firmness, steadfastness, and sabr will inshaAllah be what will bring the ummah together again. apologies for making this a long one!

wa'assalam

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
So what can women effectively do to help them? We are a big part of the Ummah, i understand that demonstrating may not be the best of solutions for sisters especially because of the mentioned reasons. So what else could they do instead? Du'aa, ahsaan all the time but what else?

I think it's time for us to actually in a first time discuss about possibilities and inshallaah pass into action. We have slept for too loong!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
So what can women effectively do to help them? We are a big part of the Ummah, i understand that demonstrating may not be the best of solutions for sisters especially because of the mentioned reasons. So what else could they do instead? Du'aa, ahsaan all the time but what else?

I think it's time for us to actually in a first time discuss about possibilities and inshallaah pass into action. We have slept for too loong!

:salam2:

I agree with you dear sister Allhamdulilah and especially in the case of peacful demonstrations.

May Allah bless you dear sister and our Ummah. Ameen

Salam

Your sister Asja

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
All this reminds me that I read somewhere about some women in Rasulallah's time, asking him that men get the opportunity to go out of the homes to spread deen etc, while they stay at home. So the men would get all the sawaab. How come women don't get this same sawaab, why can't they go out and spread deen? And the answer was that these men are out of their homes spreading deen. Whatever sawaab they get, women can get as much sawaab by caring for those men. (ie, caring for their husbands, fathers, brothers.)

Personally, I wouldn't really want to go to these demonstrations unless there were a lot of women there as well, and the women and men were walking in separate groups.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Yeah you're right. Like the pictures i've seen from demonstrations in Lebanon where men and women were totally separated and were in different places. It looked powerful..but this can not really happen in these western countries i'm afraid.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

When a Muslim woman is on her own and she has to put food on the table for her children she can demonstrate.
I have atteneded demonstrations for the past thirty years. You must keep in mind the calibre of the demonstrators. These are decent human beings who are fighting oppression. They respect women.

For those who want ideas...write letters..make posters...make tea and sandwiches to hand out to the protestors. When I was outside the White House each night women would come with food for us. We really appreciated the hot drinks and sandwiches.

Have a zakat box and collect money etc. Knit scarves, make quilts, collect clothing ( very expensive to send overseas),

Remember dear sisters when you are in the right doors open for you...

hasinah

..alhamdhulillah we are the backbone of the ummah, and we must also try our best to help inshaAllah, there are ways (with the right intentions) as sisters to help the situation, heres some;

-of course as mentioned already making duaa for the ummah, for Allah to give us strength in all areas for His sake only, to sustain us, and make us 1inshaAllah (that includes praying nafl, reading Qu'ran, extra dhikr then making dua)
-donations; money, clothes, and other needed items
-da'wah/ awareness; to family and friends, make them aware of the situation, trust me some muslims dont have a clue!!! or they give a blind eye, and suggest to them of what they can do to play their part too inshaAllah, or even general da'wah if they have yet to reach basics
- read on the seerah of our Prophet Muhammad (saw)..there are too many of a lesson to learn from reading His life and all He did for the ummah; the approaches He took, the commands He followed from Allah, the message He conveyed and how, and also the sahabas (ra) and their lives when they came to Islam..and apply more sunnah practices to ur lives, express it to others too
-if there are petitions/letters to show support; sign them!! if u feel there is benefit from it inshaAllah
- protect urself as sister from the fitnah of this world, guard ur modesty and piety as much as u can, cuz it is so hard to hold on to ones imaan now, like i mentioned earlier, firmness, steadfastness, and sabr are what will keep u by Allah (inshaAllah), and carry on with work/study/ housework etc..

sorry bro zayne..its kinda going abit deeper into what u intially asked!

..i hope this helps though sisters inshaAllah
wa'assalam

etoile_de_mer

I think Dua is the weapon for us believers outside palestine..to fight injustice
but at the same time i'm sooo angry & sad about these arab leaders ...they are useless.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Women have been on the battlefield. We must do what we feel we can. Yes, if we are able to remain inside the house and do housework there is no harm...some of us need to do more.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother you are not saying anything wrong. However, under certain circumstances when a woman is alone...such as me....I have to fight in a man's world. I have to work with men...I have to survive and show my sons how to survive in a Muslim manner. Therefore I have to stand up, by myself for what is right.
If a woman is fortunate and married to a Muslim man she must obey him. Help is needed on many levels. I am sure there are many masjids that can organize activites for women to be productive.
No matter what we need to help our brothers and sisters in the most halal manner.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
This is a proper head scratcher if i somehow bring this up with the sisters of this place through a shura meeting they'll break the hijab and beat me til i stop speaking.
they're very passionate about this issue...the sister i'm planning to marry i think wants to go (don't worry i'm not in contact with her, but i found out somehow)

hasinah

er well good luck man lol what place? inshaAllah if u approach in a polite understanding manner then im sure sisters will be willing to listen and take heed, it all depends on the approach u take..what would be really wicked is if u could get a sister u know well (like ur own sis or relative) to talk to them? mashaAllah its good to see such passion but there are guidelines too..also hope everything works out well for u and the sister too inshaAllah aameen!

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
er well good luck man lol what place? inshaAllah if u approach in a polite understanding manner then im sure sisters will be willing to listen and take heed, it all depends on the approach u take..what would be really wicked is if u could get a sister u know well (like ur own sis or relative) to talk to them? mashaAllah its good to see such passion but there are guidelines too..also hope everything works out well for u and the sister too inshaAllah aameen!

:jazaak:
yeh i'll try that, by the way its in London i think it's going to take place in west end im not sure if you live in London and know where westend is if you have any cousins over here then they can let you know inshaAllah

hasinah

ohh london, no no im not from london, but ive got some family there, and ive been forwaded the emails and tx by my friends that live there, about the demos and dates that will be taking place very soon inshaAllah, theyre mainly in london anyway, its much easier to gather a crowd of muslims there alhamdhulillah.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
yeh but even then that's all their willing to do just march up and down to show people that they're muslims but the next day in morning no fajr no nothing...that's the thing that upsets me about this place alot of people have forgotten the beautiful tasleem and islam completely but other then that i hope i don't sound tooooo judgemental about them :inshallah: they'll realise

Status
Not open for further replies.