Some good news....

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:

It seems though the unfortunate situation in Gaza has affected most of us here on TTI. Many of us became overwhelmed with the feeling of anger, frustration, and uselessness. Different people gave different reaction, some saying 'let's not get angry' let's not react 'this way or that way', perhaps justifiably so, however there is something positive in all this.
We are concerned and we are starting to become proactive.
I personally think this is a huge improvement, because it seems though the "ummah" has gotten used to the tragedies in Palestine, so whatever tragedies unfold there, they becomes very normal for us.

I wasn't sure how other Muslims reacted to this situation [aside from protesting] since I haven't' been able to interact with many Muslims lately.
Today I went to the Masjid for Jumaa and Masha'Allah the Sheikh gave a wonderful Khutbah and without prior notice on the spot asked people to donate money and his stated goal was $15,000.

Five brothers gave $1000 each and twenty brothers/sister gave $500 each.
Almost everyone at the congregation gave something, even some kids also donated.

Islamic Organization here also responded well.
Islamic Relief gave emergency medical aid worth over $140,000 during the first 2 days of the bombings.
CAIR (Council for American Islamic Relations) are holding fund raisers in all of their chapters across USA.
ISNA (Islamic Society of North America) are also holding fund raisers.
There are about 10+ Masjids in Orange County, all of them are doing their own fundraisers. So Masha'Allah this is a very good news. Alhamdulilah.!

This doesn't mean you should stop contributing! They still need much much more! ! Do all you can ! :)

I thought, perhaps this thread will encourage others to step up, Insha'Allah

Thanks for reading, may Allah help our brothers and sisters in Gaza, and Palestine.

:wasalam:

Asalaam'alikum brother xSharingan01x,

Jazakallak khair for sharing this positive news. It is helping me to step it up.

May Allah swt unite our ummah and give us strength to help our dear Muslim brothers & sisters in Gaza.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:
Once again, some useful links! You don't have to live in USA to contribute.

With the Israeli declaration of war on Gaza, the suffering of Palestinian civilians has gone from severe, due to the occupation and blockade, to intolerable. It is the moral responsibility of American Muslims, whose country plays an important role in the conflict, to ensure that US policies further the cause of fairness and justice to all involved. ISNA urges American Muslims to play a positive role in promoting the cause of peace by:

Voicing your concerns to your congressional representatives, the Secretary of State and the President.

Voicing your concerns to the incoming administration. President-elect Obama and his team are "open for questions" at the web-site: www.change.gov

Engaging in urgent, peaceful action with others to witness to the suffering this war is inflicting. Candlelight vigils are planned for a number of cities.

Learning more about the conflict and about American, Palestinian and Israeli groups who are working for a just peace. One interfaith group that includes many American Muslim organizations is the National Interreligious Leadership Initiative for Peace in the Middle East: http://www.nili-mideastpeace.org/.

Engage in informed dialogue with other Americans, especially Jewish Americans, so that religious differences do not become a source of civil discord and division, but an opportunity to learn the fears and misconceptions that others have about the Holy Land and its peoples.

ISNA requests our Imams and community leaders to urge our congregations this Friday to give generously to charities working to alleviate the suffering of the people of Gaza:

Islamic Relief: http://www.irw.org/campaigns/palestinecrisis

American Task Force on Palestine: http://www.americantaskforce.org

United Palestinian Appeal: http://www.helpupa.com/

Palestine Red Crescent Society: http://www.palestinercs.org/news_details.aspx?nid=39

*ISNA does not endorse or recommend specific charities but lists these for information only.

Dr. Ingrid Mattson, President
Islamic Society of North America

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
really happy to hear that :) we are holding a fund raiser in our mosque too :( but wat really makes me sad is how much of that fund will actually reach ppl in gaza

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Another way too is if all of us brothers and sisters in New Jersey unite together and speak out to people like Bill Pascrell and Imam Qattani (I'm not sure about governer Corzine, because he had stated that he planned for New Jersey to make business deals with Israel, before the attacks happened). Like I've seen Imam Qattani, he came to my high school (for an Arab/Muslim Heritage thing which my school invited him, governer Corzine, and Bill Pascrell, since like November or October?) and after the event (TRUST me, it was HUGE, LoL, like my school, which is the size of a Campus, and WALLAHI there were a lot of Muslims there too, Muslim sisters to be exact), and then he came to the place were a lot of us (Muslim) students were (from the Arabic class) and shook hands with some of the "young hip hop" "braz" in the front, and so I got out of my seat, walked around the rows of the auidience seats, went up to Imam Qattani (to say Salam and shake his hands), and as he saw me (in my Kufi, my "Punjabi" (you understand Shoeb Bhai, eh? :D I mean a thobe, but my one looks like those clothes that Thaaliban brothers were in Afghanistan or Pakistani brothers who are from Peshawar wear), and all in all the "stunning" Islamic look I had), and as he saw me his face opened up in a great smile, and as I approached him, I shook his hand and said Salam, and he wrapped his arms around me and embraced me, LoL, un-called for, but Mashallah I think it made him happy to see me, Allahu Akbar, my appearance raises the Eman of my brothers and sisters at my school (the ones who have atleast some Eman in their hearts), but even so, it is only by the will and power of my Lord, Allah Ta Alla, the Most High.

(And so anyway,) Inshallah I'm going to talk to my uncle (my uncle who's close to me in my heart, who's Pakistani, but I don't care, because as long as Allah Ta Alla wills, we will not be seperated, and we'll meet each other under Allah Ta Alla's Arsh, Inshallah, only by our Lord's Power and Will) if he can take me to ICPC so that I can talk to Imam Qattani if we can have a protest over hear in New Jersey, and since (he's a Patriot, sadly, but also since) he knows Governer Corzine and Bill Pascrell a lot, he can give us support (because he has people next to him), but Allahu Atlaam.

And Allah Ta Alla knows best. Make dua though brothers and sisters! For if this works (or if I can atleast break my shyness and speak up), then it may only work if Allah Ta Alla let's us to do this for his cause by his Power and Leave, because without it nothing can ever work.

[yt]umffcvg1cDs[/yt]