Staring 2

lions_den1

Ahle Sunnah wal Jama
It is agreed upon by majority of the Ulemah (scholars) that staring at the opposite gender is haram- for both men women!!

As Allah (swt) says in Surah Nur

Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do." (Surah Nur 24:30)

And in the very next verse

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms... And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss." (Surah Nur 24:31)

In a hadith the messenger of Allah (pbuh) saw Ali (ra) staring at a woman and he took hold of his face and turned it away saying "The first glance is from shaytan (accidental therefore allowed) but the second is from your self (haram and will be accountable for)"

So the fact should be well establsihed from the Quran and Sunnah that staring at the opposite sex is haram.

Also i would like to advice brothers on this forum not to "free-mix" and chit-chat with sisters.

:astag:

If you have something beneficial to say about Islam and this beautiful deen that will benefit us muslims then say it- but when one starts asking about a sister's appearance, or her likes and dislikes ect. It opens the door to temptaion and shaytan.

The messenger of Allah said "Shaytan will open the doors to 99 good to open one door of evil" (Bukhari)

I pray my brothers and sisters will take heed of my advice.

Allah Knows Best

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq
:salam2:

:jazaak:

I apologize. I should of quoted from the Surah that specifically tells us the advice. I did not know that hadeeth. I learn something new every day :)

:wasalam:

It is agreed upon by majority of the Ulemah (scholars) that staring at the opposite gender is haram- for both men women!!

As Allah (swt) says in Surah Nur

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do." (Surah Nur 24:30)[/COLOR]

And in the very next verse

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms... And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss." (Surah Nur 24:31)

In a hadith the messenger of Allah (pbuh) saw Ali (ra) staring at a woman and he took hold of his face and turned it away saying "The first glance is from shaytan (accidental therefore allowed) but the second is from your self (haram and will be accountable for)"

So the fact should be well establsihed from the Quran and Sunnah that staring at the opposite sex is haram.

Also i would like to advice brothers on this forum not to "free-mix" and chit-chat with sisters.

:astag:

If you have something beneficial to say about Islam and this beautiful deen that will benefit us muslims then say it- but when one starts asking about a sister's appearance, or her likes and dislikes ect. It opens the door to temptaion and shaytan.

The messenger of Allah said "Shaytan will open the doors to 99 good to open one door of evil" (Bukhari)

I pray my brothers and sisters will take heed of my advice.

Allah Knows Best