Statements by Prophet Isa (Jesus)

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

The following are statements mentioned by the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to his followers, that were made by the Prophet Isa (Jesus) (peace be upon him):

1) Malik related to me from Yahya ibn Said that Isa ibn Maryam encountered a pig on the road. He said to it, "Go in peace." Somebody asked, "Do you say this to a pig?" Isa said, "I fear lest I accustom my tongue to evil speech."
[Malik:Book 56:Hadith 56.1.4]

2) Malik related to me that he heard that Isa ibn Maryam [Jesus son of Maryam] used to say, "Do not speak much without the mention of Allah [God] for you will harden your hearts. A hard heart is far from Allah, but you do not know. Do not look at the wrong actions of people as if you were lords (i.e. self-righteous). Look at your wrong actions as if you were slaves. Some people are afflicted by wrong action and some people are protected from it. Be merciful to the people of affliction and praise Allah for His protection."
[Malik:Book 56: Hadith 56.3.8]

3) Have a positive opinion of fellow Believers:

Narrated Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him):
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, "Jesus, seeing a man stealing, asked him, 'Did you steal?,' He said, 'No, by Allah, except Whom there is None who has the right to be worshipped.' Jesus said, 'I believe in Allah and suspect my eyes.'" [Bukhari: Book 4: Volume 55: Hadith 653]

Now if you enjoyed that, you can copy and paste it onto a word document and keep it for yourself and share with others.

And Allah Knows Best.