Studying in a muslim country

salam aleikum
It's been a lot of posts, so I'll write this: What is a trekkie?
And to clarify something: I am studying computers and multimedia, so I reckon it will have to be something related to that, ie studying religion will get me disapproved, but who needs school to study religion. I need a technical university. If you know of one, that would assist!

about malaysia: the lingo is written in latin, I need to learn a new alfabet(alphabet). I would prefer going to north africa or the middle east, not southeast asia, due to some of the things you mentioned: the striking humidity. I believe marokko, saudiarabia etc have dry climates. I've heard of bugs appearing in rice after a few days... ech. And the rain! I am used to having two days of rain a year. So maybe egypt is a good idea. I know people who have spent their holidays there, with some problems due to not observing local customs. I want to stay somewhere nice and hot, I haven't had a tan ever :shymuslima1:

It will likely be two years from now before I go, but it is not a bad idea to plan ahead, as I might be the only one going in that direction from this university.

:fighta: why does this smily only count to 5? :)

,ayb the best wasy is to talk to some overseas education agency...they will charge a fee though

the smiley is jz for fun i guess

Should_I

I saw a vid of people on holidays in sharm el sheik. What's the trick to not get bothered by all the street vendors and cafe owners? Surely there must be a way to be left alone.

ShyHijabi

Ack! My heart is breaking, no one knows what a trekkie is? The poster used the greeting "Live long and prosper" which is from the show Star Trek. Now the show has been out since the sixties so the saying has become a "common greeting" but it still originated there. Sigh. I thought I found a fellow nerd, alas I guess not.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Ack! My heart is breaking, no one knows what a trekkie is? The poster used the greeting "Live long and prosper" which is from the show Star Trek. Now the show has been out since the sixties so the saying has become a "common greeting" but it still originated there. Sigh. I thought I found a fellow nerd, alas I guess not.

:salam2:

LOL Sister Sarah,
You nerd ;/.

I'm not big on TV and I haven't watched in almost 4 years now, but at one point I did have my list of must watch shows. ;/

Oh, sorry I thought you were referring to my post since I asked 'what's a trekkie', but I knew you weren't adressing me as 'fellow nerd'.

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
I saw a vid of people on holidays in sharm el sheik. What's the trick to not get bothered by all the street vendors and cafe owners? Surely there must be a way to be left alone.

well if ur a muslim i will advice u not go there but since ur not it is up to u..malaysian students are banned from entering this sinful place....Israeli can enter this place even without passport and it is just horrible place...May Allah protect all muslims from this place.ameen.

well if about technical studies,u can just study in egypt and the professors in Egypt are the best...in malaysia the lecturers no nothing and u have to learn everything by urself...even though am Malaysian i do not recommend malaysia .egypt might be the best and the culture here is almost the same as western because there are greeks and many foreigner who came here many years a go...

and the food here is the best and the country doesnt sleep at all lol....

and the winter in egypt is the best...the fee is extremely cheap but if u wanna rent a house there would be a problem coz the house is very expensive.perhaps u can stay in the hostel..the transportation is very cheap.basically life in egypt is nice and affordable for foreign students.

revert2007

Love Fishing
:salam2: sister

look at the moroccan halal foods please it's also good mashae Allah taala
Allah taala grant all of us muslims with good and lawfull halal foods every where.
alhamdulilah taala

wa salam alykum

i know Moroccan food is delicious as well lol..i do cook Moroccan food like chicken tajine, Moroccan bread,..alhamdulilah Arab countries have halal food and very delicious and healthy