Suicide Killings

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I have seemed to realise that many muslims nowadays believe that suicide bombing are justified. Suicide in itself is haram as anyone who has read or studied the qur'an will know. Those who take their own lives purposely will forever be consigned to turture in hell.

I know that the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan is wrong and I support the acts of the freedom fighters who strive to free their countries of the occupying forces. However, suicide attacks do kill not just occupying troops but innocent muslim men, women and children. These people are meant to be fighting the transgressors not becoming them, for Allah(swt) does not love transgressors.

Submitter

I agree with you brother. It is especially sad when suicide bombers take the lives of innocent people as well (which is quite often). I can understand the frustration of suicide bombers what with western forces occupying their countries, but the killing of innocents is just not acceptible. Some people argue that the bombers taking their own lives is justified and indeed allowed in Islam as they are fighting against who they feel are the oppressors. They say if you were on a battle field in a war and you had the opportunity to kill 10 members of the enemy if you were to run at them with a bomb kamakaze style, this would be allowed. But I'm not convinced we can apply this to todays suicide bombers. I don't want to make a judgement on this as to whether I think it's right or wrong because I don't know enough about it from an Islamic perspective, so I'll leave that to some of my brothers and sisters here who maybe have some links :)

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Some people argue that the bombers taking their own lives is justified and indeed allowed in Islam as they are fighting against who they feel are the oppressors. They say if you were on a battle field in a war and you had the opportunity to kill 10 members of the enemy if you were to run at them with a bomb kamakaze style, this would be allowed

Assalamu Alaykum,

Islam is not what people say, but what the Quran and Sunnah says. These issues must be addressed by the Scholars of Islam who are known to be upon the Quran and Sunnah.

They have spoken out against this, and it is indeed haram to take your own life in such a way.

If people knew the reality of the extremism that some of these people have, they would never sympathise with them. They hurt the Muslims just as much as they pretend to be hurting the enemies of Islam, and ironically many of these groups were funded by non-Muslims or people who were not interested in Islam at all.

wasalam

Submitter

Assalamu Alaykum,

Islam is not what people say, but what the Quran and Sunnah says. These issues must be addressed by the Scholars of Islam who are known to be upon the Quran and Sunnah.

Agreed. This is the reason I didn't offer my opinion.

They have spoken out against this, and it is indeed haram to take your own life in such a way.

If I WAS to offer my opinion I would say todays suicide bombers are indeed doing haram. Although I must admit, I havn't read any ruling on this. Do you have any links to a detailed ruling bro Mabsoot or know the basis of the ruling off the top of your head? The reason I ask is I'm curious if the same ruling can also be applied to the battlefield example I gave.

If people knew the reality of the extremism that some of these people have, they would never sympathise with them. They hurt the Muslims just as much as they pretend to be hurting the enemies of Islam, and ironically many of these groups were funded by non-Muslims or people who were not interested in Islam at all.

Indeed, this is what I have read about Bin Laden... So much deceit and lies in the world today, sometimes you just don't know what to believe.

And Allah knows best.