Sujood Sahw

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

I've been confused on how exactly to perform sujood e sahw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDACEc_P8yw&feature=related This is how I was taught to do it, and how I've been doing it, but I think some say this is incorrect?

If this is incorrect, could someone kindly give a video on how to correctly do it?

:salam2:

that is almost all incorrect,

sadjat- asahw goes like this:

If you make a mistake, or shorten your prayer by less rakaas than necessary, you would make tahiyyat and make salat ala Rasool, and Ibrahim, PBUT; as well as some duaa(if you do in this part of the prayers) then without making final salam you make sadja get back up and make another sadja then turn to right with making salam.

If you made salam like mentioned in the video then do 2 sadja afterward that would be the case if you prayed and made too many rakaas than necessary in your prayer.

One of the scholars clarified, the moment you turn right and make salam the prayer is ended. ( that is why I didn't criticize the video for that) Turning left and making salam is not requirement according to what I learned in arkan/sharoot alsalah written by sheik Albany, ra . But the general consensus has been make salam turn right, then make salam turn left. And that is the sunnah of the rasool, PBUH. and we follow the jamaa as well.

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

no need to worry. what the video shows is the method in hanafi school.

but in shafi school (and what salafis do), the method is reciting attahiyaat, duroods and doing 2 sajdahs and finally salaam.

adanshai

It is mentioned in the thread Hanafi School, Shafi School , does Hanfi school or Shafi school coinside with the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon Him), and do they clear evidence in this regard if they follow the sunnah then they are both right, but I have one question can someone give any evidence of Hanafi way or the way described in the first video, I have yet to find any clear proof in the Sunnah regarding this method.

And one more question, if a person is praying behind Imam follows the above way and the followers know that this is wrong, does he have to follow the Imam in this regard, bearing in mind that turning right ends the prayers?