Question: SUN

Eman Yousuf

Jazak Allah Khairan khaseera to all who replied to the question on topic SUN, I posted earlier.

salam alaikum,

I found the following :-

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Zarr (raa) that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) one day said: Do you know where this sun goes? They replied: Allah and his Apostle know better. The Holy Prophet (pbuh) said: verily the sun glides till it reaches its resting place under the throne,then it falls in sajda and remains there until it is directed : rise up an dgo to the place where you came, and itgoes back and continues emerging out from its rising place and then glides till it reaches its place of rest under the Arsh and falls bowing and remains in that state until it is asked: rise up and return to the place whence you came and it returns and emerges out from its rising place and then it glides (in such a normal way) that the people do not discern anything (unusual init) till it reaches its resting place under the Throne. Then it will be said to it: rise up and emerge out the place of your stting, and it will rise from the place of its setting. The Messenger sof Allah swa) (saw) said: Do you know when that will happen? It will happen atthe time when faith does not benefit one who has not previously believed or has derived no good from the faith (related by Muslim and partly by Bukhari).

Eman Yousuf

continue:
Abu Zarr (raa) reportd: I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about the words of Allah, the Exalted: " The sun glides in its appointed resting place (Surah Ya seen 36/38 ) . He (saw) replied: its appointed resting place is under the Throne. (related by Muslim) (extracted from the book Doomsday pg.433-434, by Sidheeque M.A.Vliankode,published by Al-Attique Publishers Inc, Toronto, Canada.

You can further check some details in the tafseer of Ibn Katheer under Surah 36/38.

hope we all learnt something new today

Fi amanillah, pray for the oppressed muslims throughout the world.

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah