Surah Al-ikhlas

ali-saaqib1

Surah Al-ikhlas

"Say He is Allah, the Only One. The Eternal, Absolute. He begets Not, and neither is He begotten. And there is none comparable onto Him." (Quran 112:1-4)

It was written in the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir: In his Book of Salah, Al-Bukhari recorded that Anas said, "A man from the Ansar used to lead the people in prayer in the Masjid of Quba'. Whenever he began a Surah in the recitation of the prayer that he was leading them, he would start by reciting `Say: He is Allah, One' until he completed the entire Surah. Then he would recite another Surah along with it (after it). And used to do this in every Rak`ah. So his companions spoke to him about this saying; `Verily, you begin the prayer with this Surah. Then you think that it is not sufficient for you unless you recite another Surah as well. So you should either recite it or leave it and recite another Surah instead.' The man replied, `I will not leave it off. If you want me to continue leading you (in prayer), I will do this; and if you all do not like it, I will leave you (i.e., I will stop leading you).' They used to consider him to be of the best of them to lead them in prayer and they did not want anyone else to lead them other than him. So, when the Prophet, sallalahu alayhi wasalaam, came they informed him of this information and he said, ‘O so-and-so! What prevents you from doing what your companions are commanding you to do, and what makes you adhere to the recitation of this Surah in every Rak`ah?’ The man said, `Verily, I love it.' The Prophet, sallalahu alayhi wasalaam, replied, ‘your love of it will cause you to enter Paradise.’

(112) AL-IKHLAAS
1) Recitation is equal to 1/3 of Qur'an
2) If one recites this surah 10 times, they are guaranteed palaces in Jannah
3) If recited 100 times, 25 years of sins forgiven
4) Recite for abundance in wealth
5) Safety in travelling, as well as for Hajat
6) Reciter gets protection from 'evil eye’

SURAH Al IKHLAAS

SAHEEH NARRATIONS :
Sahih Muslim
by Imam Muslim, translation by Abdul Hamid Siddiqui , Volume: The Book of Prayers (Kitab Al-Salat)

Abu Darda' reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: Is any one of you incapable of reciting a third of the Qur'an in a night? They (the Companions) asked: How could one recite a third of the Qur'an (in a night)? Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) said:" He is Allah, One" (Qur'An. cxii.) is equivalent to a third of the Qur'an.
This hadith has been narrated by Qatada with the same chain of transmitters in these words: He (the Apostle of Allah) said: Allah divided the Qur'an into three parts, and he made:" Say: He, Allah is One." one part out of the (three) parts of the Qur'an.
It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Get together. for I am going to recite one-third of the Qur'an before you. And those who could get together gathered there. Then the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) came out and recited:" Say: He, Allah, is One." He then entered (his house). Some of us said to the others: Perhaps there has been some news from the heaven on account of which he has gone Inside (the house). The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) again came out and said: I told you that I was going to recite one-third of the Qur'in; keep in mind, this (Surah Ikhlas) is equivalent to one-third of the Qur'an.
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) came out to us and said: I am going to recite before you one-third of the Qur'an. He (the Holy Prophet) then recited:" Say: He is Allah, One--Allah, the Eternal," to the end of the Surah.
'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a man in charge of an expedition and he would recite for his Companions during their prayer, ending (recitation) with:" Say, He is God, One." When they returned mention was made of it to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He (the Holy Prophet) told them to ask him why he had done like that. So they asked him and he said: Verily, it is an attribute of the Compassionate One, and (for this reason) I love to recite it. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) thereupon said: Inform him that Allah loves him.

Abu Sa'eed Al Khudri (r.a) said The Prophet said, 'By Him in Whose hand my soul is, it is equal to one third of the Quran [Bukhari, Muslim, Saheeh - Targheeb wa Tarheeb : 1480]

Anas (r.a) mentioned that A man said to the Prophet, 'I really love this surah'. The Prophet replied,'And your love for it will enable you to enter paradise [Tirmidhi 2826, Sahih]

“Whoever recites ‘Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad’ and completes it ten times, Allah will build a palace for him in Paradise.” [Al-Silsilah as-Sahihah'; # 589]

WEAK NARRATIONS :

Whoever recites Surah Al ikhlaas twenty times , Allah will build for him a palace in paradise [ Munkar (rejected) - Al Da'eefa 1351]

Whoever recities surah al Ikhlas 100 times, he will be forgiven the sins of 100 years [Al Da'eefa :295]

Whoever recities surah al Ikhlas 100 times, Allah will write for him 1500 good deeds , as long as he does not have a debt [Al Da'eefa : 300]

Whoever passes by a grave and recites Surah Al Ikhlaas 11 times and gave the rewards to the dead, he will be awarded rewards equal to the number of how many dead people they are there [Al Da'eefa 1290]

Whoever prays Fajr and then recites Surah al ikhlaas 100 times before he speaks to anyone, then for each Surah Ikhlaas he recites , he is forgiven the sins of a whole year [Al Da'eefa : 405]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Qul huwa Allaahu ahad ten times, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (Sahih al-Jami’ al-Saghir, 6472).

The Holy Prophet (s) once advised a poor person to always say ‘salaam’ when entering his house, even if there was nobody there, and then Recitie Surah Ikhlas. After a little while, the man became abundantly wealthy.

"whoever reads Surah Ikhlas when he enters his house, poverty will be eradicated from the family of that household and neighbours."

It is makruh to recite this surah in one breath. This surah has numerous other benefits and is a cure for many ailments. It should be recited when travelling or when facing a tyrant ruler.

Reciting Surah Ikhlas 10 times at the end of every Fard-compulsory prayer will enter paradise from any of its Gates. "whoever accomplishes three things with a sound iman will enter paradise from any of its Gates, and will be married to the pure wives of his choice. He who forgives a murderer of kin; he who settles debts on another person secretly; and he who recites 10 times after every Fard-compulsory prayer Surah Ikhlas." Abu Bakr said: "or even doing any of these, O Messenger of Allah?" the Holy Prophet (s) then said: "or one of them."