Surviving in the West

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
Salam Alaikum -peace be upon you-

here is just my opinion/tips/suggestions on how to survive the madhouse.. I mean the west!

1- remain steadfast

2- barricade your houses from the outside. how knows what the "freedom" world has to offer this time *sarcasm* but you get the point

3- download programs that doesn't allow you to watch *!*!*!*!ography

4- try your best not to act retarded, or bad because it as well makes Islam look bad

5- get married soon as possible!

6- stick to reminders. in case you dropped the rope

7- accompany righteous friends/company

at the mean time I don't live in the West, but the Western plague is raging through my lands, my Ummah.

Excellent tips. Brother, I was born here in the filthy west. I must say these guidelines are mandatory for one's path of righteousness. I'm expecting a few people to attack you, because they sold their souls to the red white and blue, but allah knows they are hypocrites.

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
Excellent tips. Brother, I was born here in the filthy west. I must say these guidelines are mandatory for one's path of righteousness. I'm expecting a few people to attack you, because they sold their souls to the red white and blue, but allah knows they are hypocrites.

O! but I too was from the West but went to Saudi Arabia, and still remain in this country!

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum

Nice post. Jazakallah khair.
But I would like to chip in a few thoughts of mine. Filth is just not restricted to west alone. There is filth everywhere be it west, east, north or south. There is evil in every country. So please dont keep pin pointing to the west alone. Even in my country there are people worst than animals. May Allah guide them all. Ameen.

And to brother oneWithAllah. My humble request to yoü akhi. Let's not be judgemental about people. That's not our job. Allah swt will do it well and without a speck of injustice. So let us leave to HIM. Deal? :)

Peace.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuhu

Nice tips brothers

I would just add one more thing, stay in the company of good friends or better to be alone , SubhanAllah i have seen most people go astray cause of the bad company they keep.

strive-may-i

Walaikum Salaam,

Winning the hereafter, with right beliefs and actions in here, without getting distracted by the 101 alternatives, flashed on us, is the mission. The contribution of country we are in, is smaller. But the company we keep or for some the thoughts nurtured definitely influences.

- Curtail curiosity, it can be a source of fitnah.
- Build your routine around 5 Salaat.
- Repent and return to the way shown by Prophet:saw:, its never too late.
- Constantly remember death and Assess every action you did during day before sleeping.
- Remember every action is recorded (and will be replayed!!) though justified from one viewpoint, it could be wrong from another.

Allah's Apostle, Prophet:saw: said, "Do not wish to be like anyone, except in two cases: (1) A man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it righteously. (2) A man whom Allah has given wisdom (knowledge of the Quran and the Hadith) and he acts according to it and teaches it to others."

A person asked Allah’s Messenger :saw: “What is faith?” He said: “When a good deed becomes a source of pleasure for you and an evil deed becomes a source of disgust for you, then you are a believer.” He again said to Allah’s Messenger (saas): “What is a sin?” Whereupon he said: “When something pricks your conscience, give it up.” [Tirmidhi]

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger :saw: “He who believes in Allah and the Last Day must not harm his neighbour, and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day must show hospitality to his guest, and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak good or remain silent.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]