T-Shirts having Quranic verses.

MuslimShadow

Assalamo alaikum warahmatullah..

Something caught my attention today.

I saw a brother in my class wearing a T-shirt with a verse of the Quran printed on it.

I know his intention was sincere.But is this even allowed??.

Don't we have to wash it.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

well one thing is washing but i would be more concerned about the fact that he will be going to restroom's wearing that shirt doesn't seem appropriate

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

The restroom thing is a valid concern. I was also thinking about if he says something (ie, curses or just something inappropriate) while wearing it.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum,

I have a similar doubt, thought of posting a thread about it. There are company logos like Puma, Kappa or anyother company which has a symbol of an animal or an outline of a human.. Are t-shirts like these allowed? The t-shirt is plain, but on the left hand shirt breast pocket, usually the logo is printed. So wearing such ones is permissible?

And also wearing amulets, dollars-with Quranic verses written on it allowed?

Allah Hafiz :)
Peace :)

strive-may-i

Assalamo alaikum warahmatullah..

Something caught my attention today.

I saw a brother in my class wearing a T-shirt with a verse of the Quran printed on it.

I know his intention was sincere.But is this even allowed??.

Don't we have to wash it.
Walaikum Ssalaam warahmathullaahi wabaraka tuh,

What was printed on it. Translation or Arabic? Is it something we could learn from?

So he was making a statement - Good Intention.
[Okay not a fashion or style statement, but somesort of a statement. Often its the means that act as a slippery slope, hence its good to better the means too for conveying Almighty Allah's words.]
And was making this statement, by printing on the shirt. The reasons that should make us incline to Avoid it, is already posted here. It [cloth] goes for wash, the person can become impure (in many ways), and might forget or not get time when the moment of urgency strikes... etc. There is one more subtle point. What if 'world perceives' the wearer of such T-Shirt to be doing something contrary to Ayat printed on shirt.

If its Arabic, then not allowed.
Translation, 'avoid it' is the word.
(in my opinion)

The best way for spreading the message of Quran is by keeping it in the hearts, being mindful of it, showing it through actions. Between spreading the words with letters and walking the path, the latter is always better.
And, the best place for Quran book is a prominent easily reachable clean special place in the Book shelf.
(if you have observed, usually the quran is covered in cloth or behind a veiled curtains in some mosques, as a mark of respect. The other reason i have found is, the covered quran , is less exposed to air and survives longer, despite daily usage.)

Hope this helps.

strive-may-i

Assalaamualaikum,

I have a similar doubt, thought of posting a thread about it. There are company logos like Puma, Kappa or anyother company which has a symbol of an animal or an outline of a human.. Are t-shirts like these allowed? The t-shirt is plain, but on the left hand shirt breast pocket, usually the logo is printed. So wearing such ones is permissible?

And also wearing amulets, dollars-with Quranic verses written on it allowed?

Allah Hafiz :)
Peace :)

Walaikum ssalaam,

Most avoid such clothes. Thats the best thing to do.
On a lighter note, we are not brand ambassadors of cloth company. Usually kids wear clothes of cartoon characters etc. But as child grows up, slowlly kids change, and prefer to avoid it too.

The understanding is that its allowed as long as its covered (incase of amulets) or one removes it (Jewellery), while going to rest room or wears it while in impure state (applies to men and women).

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah

Jazakallah khairan for replying.:)

It was translation of the verse of the Quran. As everyone said above it's better not to wear such T-shirts.

hur575

It is similar to those who wear jewelry with Quran verses on it, when I ask them what do you do if you need to go to the toilet, the say I take it off!! I said what if you forgot, they say they never do lol

Peony Weed

:salam2:

Walaikum ssalaam,

Most avoid such clothes. Thats the best thing to do.

Yeap and disposing it is not easy. plus of all things that one could wear, why makes life so complicated.

Plus, I am a bit worried when you guys mentioned it is used as amulet? hmmm that's a dangerous thing to Imaan isn't? possibilities of one to believe the amulet is protecting them instead of putting all their faith to Allah could lead to Shirk.

Maybe the concept is like those discussions in here about having decorations in the premises using Surah/ayat from the Quran.

I'm just saying, we should not take it lightly if the words is in arabic or not...seriously, i don't think it's just not something one should treat it as a cheap trade.