Tasawwuf

AlbaneeMuslimah

BismiLlahi ar-Rahmani ar-Rahim,

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu to all brothers and sisters!

I am a sunni muslimah that is trying to learn much about her noble religion:ISLAM, with Qur'an al Qarim and the Noble Sunnah.

But talking with a converted brother, I really get confused.He said to me that sufism is islam,and islam is sufism,that sufi were students whom sacrificied their lifes in making dawah ecc,ecc...
He was arguing that sufism is not bida'a saying that,
imam Shafi'i said:
"Faqihan wa sufiyyan fa kun laysa wahidan
fa inni wa haqqillahi iyyaka ansahu"
imam Malik said:
"Man tasawwafa wa lam yatafaqqa fa qad tazandaqa
wa man tafaqqaha wa lam yatasawwaf fa qad tafassaqa
wa man jama`a bayn al-ithnayn fa qad tahaqqaqa"

I'm really confused:confused: He declared that is influenced in aqidah by Ash3ari and follows the madhab of imam Shafi'i, but what's the matter with tasawwuf:astag: Please help me to clarifie him with argues

Jazzak Allahu khayran

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

Welcome to TTI sister,

It seems that you are not able to distinguish between the pure teachings from the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah and those who have deviated yet, and there is many brothers and sisters with the same problem, so in order not to get confused it is best to keep away from that person. That is because you can not refute that person with proof by yourself yet, so it is better for you to keep distance insha'Allaah.

Here you can read more about the sufi and their teachings:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=80

Anything you need to know please turn to our forum if you do not have an imam who is knowledgeable and who follows the Qur'an and Sunnah really.

May Allaah swt keep you guided in His Deen and away from the deviated people and their harm and protect you.

wasalaam.

abou haytam

salam o alikom sister

here a link where you can learn somthing about soufia.

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/readArt.php?lang=A&id=64404

read the articl completly...cuz in the end you will see that soufia are innovating in islam and some of scholor of soufia pretend to be better than our prophet (saw) astaghfiro allah. in this website you can learn more aboutsoufia

the truth is Qoran and the way our prophet and his compagnon were living and worshiping alah.

allah almosta3an.

salam

AlbaneeMuslimah

BimiLlahi ar-Rahmani ar-Rahim,

Jazzak Allahu khayran brother for the answer!
Well,you say that :

"It seems that you are not able to distinguish between the pure teachings from the Qur'an and authentic Sunnah and those who have deviated yet, and there is many brothers and sisters with the same problem, so in order not to get confused it is best to keep away from that person. That is because you can not refute that person with proof by yourself yet, so it is better for you to keep distance insha'Allaah."

If I wasn't able to distinguish the pure teachings from bida'a, I will not ask about the issue...What really confused me was the ability of this person on arguing that sufism isn't bida'a...

Perhaps I will follow your suggestion in keeping distance,jazzak Allahu khayran brother.
Wassalam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

My apology sister,

I didn't mean it that way, sorry. :redface:

Alhamdulillaah that you do, and that fact that you did ask about the issue proves it. I meant that if you cant refute that persons claims.

Jazakillaahy khayr sister.

wasalaam.

AlbaneeMuslimah

Don't worry brother,you don't have to apologise...
Masha'Allah, I really apreciate your answer and inshaAllah will ask more about islam, because I feel very confident in this forum of sunni believers.:ma:

Jazzak Allahu khayran

abou haytam

salam sister.

i send a link in arabic i though you speack arabic.

but you get the right answer from our brothers...the link i send talk about the same thing.

sorry again.

salam o alikom