Technology; what fascinates you most?

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Asalamu alaikum brothers and sisters of tti ,

today, while I getting directions on google maps...I was beyond fascinated by the ability of technology these days to able you to see streets and places right as if you are inside a car and looking out the window! It's amazing what levels technology has reached!

Anyway, that's what fascinates most. These digital maps...it's amazing and sometimes so scary!!!

So what fascinates you? And provide pics if you can please! I like pics :D

:salam2:

google maps not only will draw a route to take with your car, but will also show you walk or bus routes. it is right there on top of route itinerary.

:wasalam:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:D aslam o aliakum wr wb

:D u know wat technology i love :D the robot vaccumm and floor cleaners like WOW we dont even need to do that anymore talk about being lazy but Mashallah :) so much advancement

it's snowing outside:

tomorrow morning in sha Allah, I will press a little yellow button and my car will start by itself and be nice and warm, ready for me to go.

alhumdulillah

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares

:D u know wat technology i love :D the robot vaccumm and floor cleaners like WOW we dont even need to do that anymore talk about being lazy but Mashallah :) so much advancement

Lol I know! Like seriously can u get any more lazy...

just obtained a google voice account a few days ago. I was able to get a new number, free calling anywhere in the USA. I could even call my number and enter a code and call anywhere in the world. but international costs money.

the neatest thing about it is, I have it set up to ring 3 different phones when someone calls that number. When I say 3 different phones I mean cell, home, and another number. All at the same time and the first phone that answers it stops ringing the other phones.

I also obtained google wave, not sure if I have time to use it yet.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

more technology = more difficult to worship and obey Allah.

more misuse

more laziness

not my words but history and experience proves it. eg. TV = 1% used for Islam, 99% for other stuff.

PS: sorry not related to ur Q..just thought to write my thoughts. :) plz dont mind.

IslamicGirl24

Wow! Really?! And here we are still stuck up with jharu and pocha..:(:(

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Wow! Really?! And here we are still stuck up with jharu and pocha..:(:(

:) :salam2:

yea its funny cuz some of the things i tell my cousins to in Pakistan they are really shocked, the funny one was the dishwasher :)

it is very common to have it in north america but i know in Pak you mostly wash dishes with hands but it doesn't matter the technology cuz its about getting the job done

hana*

For me it has to be some of the research I've been involved in such as these orthopaedic implants which can lengthen by themselves: http://www.stanmoreimplants.com/product_5.php

thats pretty interesting, i think also ballon angioplasty is amazing and how cameras can be inserted in the body to view the intestines, heart vessels etc

i also think satnavs are quite clever (they do get me to work :)) but then i think the human brain is far, far more complex and fascinating than any computer invented.. subhanAllah

Hilal Said

Muslimah dress code

I posted here by mistake. sorry

How Muslimah should dress. Please read lines below.

Question

The Jilbaab of the Muslim woman – must it be specifically be black or can it be of other colours?

Answer

The clothing of the Muslim woman is not restricted to being black, and it is permissible for her to wear any colour of clothing so long as it covers her ‘awrah (that part of the body which should be covered according to the sharee‘ah), does not cause resemblance of men, is not close-fitting such that it delineates the shape of her body, is not thin and transparent such that is reveals what is underneath it, and does not provoke fitnah (temptation).

‘Abdul-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abdullaah ibn Baaz
‘Abdurrazzaaq ‘Afeefee
‘Abdullaah ibn Ghudayaan
‘Abdullaah ibn Qu‘ood

members of the Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Fataawa