Telling Others ''I know all about, i have been into it...'' ???

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

Especially some converts talk about their ''Before Islam'' stories and what they have been up to, such bad life they had before and so on. Allah knows best, but maybe this may help others to understand ''ooooh, he knows that life style, he has experiences, so maybe he is right...''

But in same time, we shouldnt speak about our sins, right ?

So whats criteria here ?

Is it like, we can talk about what we have been doing before embracing Islam ? (I say ''embracing Islam'', because some Muslims also come from very bad lives, when they really didint live Islam. But after a while, with guidance of Allah, they embraced Islam and try to go on that path)

Of course I dont mean to say like ''oooh, i am proud i have done his and that, i know those things, hahaha''. But especially when people tell us ''you are Muslim, you dont know how its, you probably never tried it...'' in that case, if its something actually we already experienced, should we tell them ''no, i actually know all about it but its not good...'' ???

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
watch from 7:58 - 11:00, should answer your question inshallah, or you can watch from start for more clarification.

[video=youtube;vqEou6RHpc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqEou6RHpc0[/video]