Ten Commandments??

zainsmommy

Assalamu Aleikom Everyone...Insha'Allah all of you are in good health and spirits.

I have many questions and I sincerely hope that someone can help me in answering them.

I apologize if something I write here was already discussed in another thread...I searched but it is too much for me to open every single one to see if it is in fact what I am looking for. I am lazy:shymuslima1: And really do not have the time right now.

I was wondering if any of you know if Islam recognizes the Ten Commandments that are in the Bible??

Does Islam have anything similiar to the Ten Commandments??

Suppose Islam does recognize the Ten Commandments, and there is someone who breaks every one(commits every single one of them i.e commit adultry, steal, lie, murder)...is there any hope for that person?

If someone believes in Allah and has good intentions, but simply does not follow what they are supposed to...would they be considered one of the disbelievers mentioned in the Qur'an???

For instance, it states more than once that Allah has made them into disblievers and NO MATTER what, they will never believe. He has made them this way. SOOO....if someone does not uphold all the teachings of Islam, if someone has NO EXCUSE to not do what is right, then would they be considered one?

Also, say they feel guilty, and they know very well that their actions are wrong, but for some reason...they cannot change...they cry, they beg, they plead to Allah to help change them...to help them to FEEL SOMETHING..to help them to SEE something(maybe proof) and they get nothing??!! They continue going about their life LOST....

Would you think they are one of the disbelievers talked about? Like, Allah made them this way and that is why they cannot change????

The next questions....

I've seen pictures showing how Jesus(PBUH) prayed, but never read anything that describes it in detail.
Even in the Bible it doesn't. It only states a few things(that happened to be similiar to a Muslims prayer)

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find out exactly how he prayed and WHAT he said??? (Really curious about this)

Thank you all for any help you can give!! :) and I am sorry for so many questions..

Kind Regards

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister, I am without the detailed textual answers you are looking for. We have members who will give you hadits and specific suras from the Quran. I pray they will.
I am a humble woman who has spent time ( decades ) in reading and applying my faith. So, my answer is from the heart.
It boils down to this:
Islam encompasses all that is correct. Islam is the perfection of religion, as Allah subhana talla has revealed to us. Embedded in Islam are the Ten Commandments...we believe Musa was given the word...The beauty of the faith is the hope of the Mercy of Our Creator. He, who made us, Knows His Creation..it is written over and over again that if we repent and beg forgiveness..He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Now, let us put some common sense in this. We are human..we sin...we repent..we will not repeat the same sin...and when we follow the sunnath..it becomes easier...when I fill my life with Muslims..I am more apt to be on the path and it becomes harder to sin because my choice is to be a grateful slave of Allah subhana talla.

When one prays and pleas to Our Creator, He answers. This is the seed of faith. He, Who is the Cherisher of the Universe, responds to us. Sister, I am living proof. He gives us Light. He gives us Life. I have read He, Our Rabb, is grateful when His slaves are Grateful. This is the Reality. I pray this longwinded but sincere response eases your profound question.

zainsmommy

Salaam,

Sister, I am without the detailed textual answers you are looking for. We have members who will give you hadits and specific suras from the Quran. I pray they will.
I am a humble woman who has spent time ( decades ) in reading and applying my faith. So, my answer is from the heart.
It boils down to this:
Islam encompasses all that is correct. Islam is the perfection of religion, as Allah subhana talla has revealed to us. Embedded in Islam are the Ten Commandments...we believe Musa was given the word...The beauty of the faith is the hope of the Mercy of Our Creator. He, who made us, Knows His Creation..it is written over and over again that if we repent and beg forgiveness..He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Now, let us put some common sense in this. We are human..we sin...we repent..we will not repeat the same sin...and when we follow the sunnath..it becomes easier...when I fill my life with Muslims..I am more apt to be on the path and it becomes harder to sin because my choice is to be a grateful slave of Allah subhana talla.

When one prays and pleas to Our Creator, He answers. This is the seed of faith. He, Who is the Cherisher of the Universe, responds to us. Sister, I am living proof. He gives us Light. He gives us Life. I have read He, Our Rabb, is grateful when His slaves are Grateful. This is the Reality. I pray this longwinded but sincere response eases your profound question.

WOW! Makes a ton of sense and really helps. I have often struggled with those questions and always wondered.

I do sincerely thank you and hope and pray that Allah blesses you and makes this time for you easier..as with all things. I saw that you were a bit pressed for time among other things...Insha'Allah it is better or will be soon.

Thanks again...I always look forward to your responses.

MaSalaama

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium sista. We welcome your questions, anytime and anyday!

Islamicaly we believe in Moses as a messenger of God, in surah Mary, Prophet Moses is mentioned along with other famous prophets found in the old testiment. Thus if we was alive at the time of moses, we muslims would accept these 10 commandments. The 10 commandments can be seen as the 10 major sins which should be avoided ie dont know rape, kill etc. In islam we have a similar belief, but there is no speicific number, however they are referred to as the major sins, and within them you can found the 10 commandements and many more, there is a hadith by taysalah a tabei, where he was told by umar various major sins, and the worst was associating partners with allah, others included running away on the battle field, disobeying parents, heresy.

so in summary we do have something similar but they are referred to as the major sins, and there is no specific list, scholars in the past have tried to list them and the number varies, espeically if it is catergoised.

If someone has violated these sins or the 10 commandements, then in each an every case we turn to allah in repentance and then onwards establish good life/devote our life to allah and be good practising muslims. This has to be done regular and critically before to death.

If people believe in allah and have good intentionsbut dont do what were supose to, ie full practise, then were guilty of breaching our contract with allah. So punishment is implicable. However theres different levels some people are secretly disbelievers but are apparent muslims outwardly so hence these are hypocrites, and there are other categories and can be refeered to as disbelievers, however others are just sinners.

For instance, it states more than once that Allah has made them into disblievers and NO MATTER what, they will never believe. He has made them this way. SOOO....if someone does not uphold all the teachings of Islam, if someone has NO EXCUSE to not do what is right, then would they be considered one?

I have to study the background of this verse, it may refer to athesits, because even they have intelligence, eyes/ears (senses) to seek allah, allah has cut these avenues off due to their arrogant claims. As for muslims, there are different catergoies, which depends on how far someone doesnt practise or believe, eg if u totally abandon salah, thats it, such a person has no claim over islam. But others who do salah but are neglectful of other duties ie zakah, then are simply punishable. sinners.

Ultimately allah turns people into disbelievers, athesits, mushriks, and so forth when the human being trangresses, ie goes over the limit in his relationship to allah or to the creation, the best example is of pharoh of moses, despite even being sent a messenger to him, he was still arrogant and oppressive, so hence after so many favours, ultimately he died as a believer.

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find out exactly how he prayed and WHAT he said??? (Really curious about this)

You will never be able to find this out precisely because christainity doesnt have the same tradition as islam in verifying a narration. In islam we call that a ilm al sharif, a noble science. Hadith science was establish not just to gain narrations of the prophet eg how he prayed or what he said, but crucially are these claims/sayings/narrations authentic? In christainity, after the 3rd century, romam empiror tried to establish this, however the scholars of that time werent up to the task and destroyed their own schools of thought and their people that didnt agreee to the majority opinion ad so on. I doubt that any saying if prophet jesus from a christain perspective can be accurately followed back 2000+ years back to christ. If someone does say they can, then we have to see their chain of narrators and so on, u just cant compare their system with our hadith science literature.
Coming back to you question.. closest we can get is through the bible, but that is also problematic as its been edited numerous amounts of times in history by religious clergy, however if u read todays version best accounts u can get is that jesus and all the prophets made some type of prostration in prayer, thats about it, anything more is just theoritical. hence todays christains (not all) just dream up their own ways and u get dancing and singing in churches, all which are not supported by tradition, where did jesus do these things?? There is no evidence. Where as in islam we got a whole range of early generation scholars who dedicated their life to hadith study and quran tasfir. just listen to the biography eg imam bukhari and hanifa, laith, al thauri, those who memorised quran and hadiths, 1000s of hadiths and their chain narrators and whether theyre authentic or weak, even theres science of hadith concerning hadith texts, and the list just goes on and on, hence we can today say to someone, brother...wheres your daleel? (religious evidence)

zainsmommy

I cannot thank you enough...really! Your answer was SO detailed, yet simple enough for me to understand. :D

I do believe you have answered all my questions.

I see also that you are right about Atheist possibly being the ones He was referring too. Now that I think about it... I guess if you are a Muslim who deliberately does not follow, you STILL KNOW and BELIEVE Allah is real (or you wouldn't call yourself a Muslim) whereas an athesist believes there is no Allah. Makes a lot of sense when I think about it now.

As for the ten commandments...I did forget that what are considered the major sins in Islam are pretty much the same with different wording. So I guess you could say that they are recognized.

Also, I kind of figured there would be no exact evidence on Jesus(peace be upon Him) because I could not find it when searching. I thought that perhaps someone knew differently and I was searching in the wrong place.

I think it was silly of me to assume that there were reputable references as to the ways and sayings of Jesus(peace be upon him) like there is for Prophet Muhammad(sallalahu alhi wa salaam) that were provided for us through the Ahadiths.

Your answers were obvious and just goes to show that I am still lost when it comes to a lot of the basic(and major) things. :(

Anyhow...MANY MANY THANKS TO YOU!!!!

May Allah bless you!:tti_sister:

Wa'Salam