The Amazing Memory Of Imam Bukhari (RA)

helpinghumanity

Note: Please make duaa for me. Going through an important phase of life....

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

On a number of occasions the colleagues of Imam al-Bukhari tested him. In Samarqand, four hundred students of hadith gathered for seven days trying to stump al-Bukhari. They would mix the chains of the hadith with different hadith in an attempt to confuse alBukhari but he was never daunted.

One of al-Bukhari’s most famous examinations came in Baghdad. Al-Bukhari was still young at that time but his reputation had preceded him. The people of Baghdad were very anxious to meet this young and gifted scholar of hadith.

The scholars of Baghdad, though, had prepared to test al-Bukhari as soon as he arrived. They met with al-Bukhari and began to read hadith to him. Each scholar, they were ten in number, read ten hadith to al-Bukhari and yet after every hadith the scholar read, al-Bukhari was forced to reply, “I do not know [that hadith].”

Those in the audience who were unaware of what was going on began to look at each other and doubt this young scholars ability. After the ten scholars were finished, alBukhari reread all one hundred hadith but he read them correctly. The scholars had mixed the hadith with the wrong chains. Al-Bukhari stated all of the hadith with the correct chains.

Commenting on this incident ibn Hajr stated, “It is not surprising that alBukhari corrected their [intentional] mistakes since he was a scholar of hadith. What is more amazing than his knowing the mistakes is that he was able to recant the hadith back to them in order after hearing them just once.”

MuslimShadow

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Jazak'ALLAH for sharing.

What duaa do you want us to make brother?..:) Anything specific.??

*pink niqaabi*

Someone's been reading the biography of Imam Bukhaaree by Darusalaam...Another amazing thing about him is that when he was praying he got stung by a wasp 16 or 17 times and still continued subhanallah...

helpinghumanity

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Jazak'ALLAH for sharing.

What duaa do you want us to make brother?..:) Anything specific.??

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Wa-iyyakum behna

You can make any duaa that comes to your mind. There is no limit when its come to duaa and the bounties of Allah.

helpinghumanity

:wasalam:, I read this before its amazing, subhan'Allah.
So how it feels to read the second time??

*pink niqaabi* said:
Someone's been reading the biography of Imam Bukhaaree by Darusalaam...

I haven't purchased the book yet. I got this story from a lecture **History of Hadith** that I attended few weeks ago.

*pink niqaabi* said:
Another amazing thing about him is that when he was praying he got stung by a wasp 16 or 17 times and still continued subhanallah...

Subhanallah its amazing.
Today... people get afraid of cockroach and start jumping in salah if they see it on their prayer mat or on floor.