THE BOOK OF MAJOR SINS..KITAB AL- KABA'IR

Saeed O.J

:salam2: SOME CHAPTERS OF ''THE BOOK OF MAJOR SINS''

Major sins are seven hundred in number instead of only seven. However it is not the number of major sins that is counted, it is its treatment. True repentance with firm resolution and determination will rub off major sin from the record of deeds whereas haughtiness will not rub off even a minor sin. \

Chapter 1: MAJOR SINS

Abu Bakr Siddiq (Allah Be pleased with him) reported the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) to have spoken to a gathering of the people that he wanted to inform it of the gravest of the grave sins. He (PBUH) stated: polytheism, disobedience to the parents and prejury or false witness are the gravest sins. He was speaking these words, resting on a pillow. As he arrived at the point of the false witness, he (PBUH) sat up. Mohammed (PBUH) repeated this point for emphasis, '' Beware the false witness is one of the gravest sins''. (Agreed upon)

Chapter 2: MAJOR SINS OF HEART

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon Him) said: Allah looks not your figures, nor to your wealth, but He looks to your hearts and deeds. (Muslim)

Nu'man bin Bashir (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Verily, in the body there is a piece of flesh; when it is in good condition, the whole body is in good condition; and when it is corrupt, the whole body is corrupt; it is the heart.

Chapter 3: ARROGANCE

Allah, the Exalted says:

'' Lo! Allah loveth not such as are proud and boastful''. (An-Nisa': 36)
'' Lo! Allah loveth not each braggart boaster''. (Lugman:18)
'' Woeful indeed will be lodging of the arrogant''. (Al-Nahl:29)

Haritha bin Wahab (Allah be pleased with him) reported that he heard the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as saying: Shall I not inform you about those who are entitled to Paradise? It is every meek, modest man who is accounted weak and is looked upon. If he adjures Allah, He certainly fulfils it. Now shall I not inform you about the inmates of Hell? It is every ignoble, impertinment and proud man''. (agreed upon)

Chapter 4: SHOWING OFF ( RIYA)

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: The first person to be judged on The Day of Ressurection will be a man who died as a martyr. He will be brought forward and after Allah (SWT) reminded him of the favour He showed to him and the man acknowledges it, Allah will ask , ''What did you do to show gratitude for it?'' The man will reply, '' I fought for Thy cause till I was martured.'' Allah will say, '' You lie, You fought that people might call you courageous and they have done so''. Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell. Next a man who has acquired and taught knowledge and read Qur'an will be brought forward and after Allah has reminded him of the favour, Allah showed him and the man acknowledges it, Allah will ask. ''What did you do to show gratitude for it?'' The man will reply, ''I azquired and taught knowledge and read the Qur'an for Thy sake.'' Allah will say '' You lie. you acquired knowledge that people might call you learned, and you read the Qur'an for that they might call you a reader, and theu have done so.'' Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown to Hell. Next a man whome allah has made affluent and whome Allah has given all kinds of property will be brought forward, and after Allah has reminded him of the favour, Allah showed him and the man acknowledges it, Allah (SWT) will ask, ''what did you do to show gratitude for it'' The man will reply, "" I have not negleted to give liberally for Thy sake to all the causes approved by Thee for this purpose''. Allah will say, ''You lie, You did it, that people might call you generous, and they have done so''. Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell. (Muslims)

Chapter 5: PRIDE AND VANITY

Allah, the Exalted says:

''He verily lived joyous with his folks'' (Al-Inshiqaq:13)
''saying: Lo! of old, when we were with our famalies, we were ever anxious.(At-tur:26)
''Then, when they forgot that where of they had been reminded, We opened unto them the gates of all things till, even as they they were given, We seized them unawares, and lo! they were dumbfounded. ( Al-An'am:44)

Chapter 6:FEARLESSENESS OF ALLAH'S SCHEME AND DISAPPOINTMENT FROM DIVINE MERCY

Allah, the Exalted says:

''Lo! none despaireth of the Spirit of Allah save disbelieving fold''(Yusuf:87)
''Are they then secure from Allah's scheme? None deem-et himself secure from Allah's scheme save folk that perish. (Al-A'raf:99)..

''Abdullah bin Mas'ud (Allah be pleased with him) says: The gravest of the grave sins are Polytheism, fearlessnes of Allah's seizure and disappointment of Divine Mercy''

Reference: Major Sins In Islam
By: M.I. Siddiqui

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Brother,

Jazak Allah for sharing it with us may Allah help us to follow the path of truth Islam and may protect us from Hell fire. Ameen.

Allah Hafiz.

Saeed O.J

Assalam Alykom brothers & sisters

Wa jazakum Allah khaiyran my brothers.

Brother ayman, I agree with you 100% regarding this opinion. I have read the book but didnt complete it yet. Certainly you have you have read the book because the book doesnt state as you mentioned ''reasons to be hopeful of God's mercy and forgiveness''.....

Subhanallah ayman, because of this book your friend felt there isnt any hope for Allah (SWT) forgivness. I ask Allah to help inshallah and inshallah he found his way back. I do understand that this book only explain the consequences of prohibited actions, but definetly does not explain the ways to repent or Allah's forgivness at all (as far as I am concerned, I might be wrong)...

Good point of view!! :SMILY128: