The Crusades and Salhudin(?)

mutaqoon

Did he slaughter Christians under his rule or was he compassionate?

Well if you google, you can learn more about Salahuddin ayyubi. I guess even the christian historians admire him. He infact sent his personal doctors to the enemy emperor (german king I believe). When he conquered Jerusalem, he not only pardoned the people of jerusalem, BUT also paid his own money to free them. If you compare this to the blood bath that happened when christians conquered Jerusalem, you would get a picture of how great Salahuddin was. When the Christians left Jerusalem, some of them went to some place in Egypt as that was ruled by a christian king. The christian king closed the door of his fort and let the jerusalem christians die at the entrance. I read somewhere that the people of Jerusalem were so mad and starving to death that they started cursing the egyptian king. This is something I read and cannot vouch for its authencity.

By the time he died, he was the greatest muslim emperor of that time, and guess what, he had nothing but a few coins left...

arabiantxn

Salam aliqum danik I am not sure what part did Saladin played in the crusades but I do know a little about the legacy he leaves behind. Its said that he was a fierce fighter who was respected by everybody and just to Christians and Jews who lived in his territory. He won Jerusalem but lost due to the greed of his soldiers who started collecting the loots of the war and land –against his orders. The ending had a short note which stated that still to this day Saladin is revered by Christians and Muslims for this ferocity and respected for his just character. PBS had aired his documentary and later has a pannel talk about it

here is a part of the talk
http://pbs-newshour.onstreammedia.c...art=2802359&ccend=3296187&videoID=pbsnh080301