The Impact

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
The Impact

Several years ago an Imaam moved to London. He often took the bus
from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to
ride the same bus.
[img=left]http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs210.snc1/7733_127662751047_515556047_2564971_1088043_a.jpg[/img]

When he sat down, he discovered that the conductor had accidentally given him
twenty pence too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to
himself, "I better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it."
Then he thought, "Oh why don't I just forget it.., it's only twenty pence.
Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company already gets
too much fare; they will never miss it. I will just accept it as a gift from Almighty Allah and keep quiet!"

When his stop came, the Imaam paused momentarily at the door, and then he
handed the twenty pence back to the conductor and said,
"Here, you gave me too much change."

The conductor smiled and said, "Aren't you the new Imaam in this area? I
have been thinking lately about going to worship at your mosque.
I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change."

When the Imaam got down the bus, his knees became weak and soft. He had to grab the nearest light pole. He held for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried,
"Oh Allah, I almost sold Islam for twenty pence!"

Remember, we may never see the impact our actions have on people!!

Sometimes we are the only knowledge of Quran someone will read..,
or the only Islam a non-Muslim will see...

What we need to provide, Insha Allah is an example for others to see!

Let us be careful, be honest and humble everyday, because we never know who is watching our actions and judging us as Muslims!! We might be saying something and doing something contrary to what we say...Are we really showing the world the real characteristics and spectacular qualities of a true believer?

Let us atleast remember at all times -

Allah is watching us! And He is going to ask us if we delivered His message or not!

To conclude...let us just picture a hypothetical scene:

If we got arrested for being Muslims, would the police have enough evidence to bring us in?!!

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
great sharing sister thank you very much ;)

This is very touching one ,because sometimes we are tend to live as individual and we forget that we sembolise our religion. While some others are looking at us, they are judging Islam accroding to our behaivours..

Therefore we have to reflect Islam in each word, in each movement of us perfectly.

zainali

thank you soooooooooo much sister for making us realise that , we shouldnt lie for how small the thing might be , we should always follow the right path that is the path of allahs messenger mohammad saw.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Wow subhanallah. Actions do speak louder than words!! A great reminder to be the examples of what we learn from our faith and religion!