The last 10 days of Ramadhaan!!!

HafeezImran

Search for Laylatul Qadr (The night of Power)Laylatul Qadr (the Night of Power) is described in the Quran as, "better than a thousand months" (97:3). Any action done on this night such as reciting the Quran, remembering Allah, etc. is better than acting for one thousand months which do not contain the night of Qadr. The night is not fixed as the 27th night but could be any of the odd nights during the last 10 nights.

The Prophet Muhummad (PBUH) said: Look for Laylatul Qadr on an odd-numbered night during the last ten nights of Ramadan (Bukhari).

Hazrath Aisha has narrated:

"I asked: O Messenger of Allah! Tell me if I were to find a Night of Power, what should I recite therein?" Holy Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) advised her to recite:

Al-laa-hum-ma in-na-ka 'afoow-wan tu-hib-bul-'af wa fa-fu 'an-ni.
O Allah! You are Forgiving, You love forgiveness, so forgive me. (Bukhari).

Perform I'tikaf
It was a practice of the Prophet to spend the last ten days and nights of Ramadan in the masjid for I'tikaf.

Those in It'ikaf stay in the masjid during the last 10 days, performing various forms of zikr (the remembrance of Allah), such as performing extra Salat and recitation and study of the GloriousQuran.

Women can also perform It'Ikaf at home.

Recite the Qu’ran
Increase the time spend reciting the Glorious Qu'ran during the last 10 days of Ramdahan. As well as reciting the Qu'ran also reflect deeply on the meaning of the surahs and ponder over the message to the creation.

Understanding the translation of the Qu'ran will help you to increase the love of the Qu'ran and implementation of the words of Allah (SWT).

Perform Sallatul Tasbih
Benefits of Salat-Ul-Tasbih

Our Beloved Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said to his uncle Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed.

Then the Prophet (SAW) taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu'Dawood & Tirimzi)

Increase supplication [Dua's]

One of the best times to do this is during the last part of the night.

Abu Huraira, may Allah be pleased with him, related that the Prophet said: When the last one-third of the night remains, our Lord, the Glorious One descends towards the heaven of the earth and proclaims: Who is that who supplicates for Me, and I grant his supplication? Who is that who begs Me for anything and I grant it to him? And who is that who seeks My forgiveness, and I forgive him? (Bukhari, Muslim).

Study the Seerah of the Prophet Muhummad (SAW)
Go online or to your local Islamic Bookshop and purchase a copy of Prophet Muhummad (SAW) seerah (biography).

Study and read through the book and think of how you can implement the Sunnah and noble character of our Prophet Muhummad (SAW) in your everyday life. Making minor adjustments to you lifestyle at home and work will earn you substantial reward for the hereafter (Insha'Allah) and will earn you the respect of your friends, families and peers, above all, your actions will please Allah (SWT)

Make a resolution
During the blessed month of Ramadhan we all make an extra effort to pray Salaah, pray the Qu'ran, make the Zikr of Allah (SWT), abstain from idle chat and backbiting, turn the TV off for the holy month, refrain from listening to music or watching the latest Bollywood movies.

As a minimum set yourself one resolution that you hope to take forward after Ramadhan, be it taking time out to pray the Qu'ran, aiming to pray Salaah on time, refraining from listening to Music, etc.

Insha'Allah with your dua's and help from Allah (SWT) this is the best time to implement changes in your life and continue with the good habits you've set during the holy month of Ramadhan.

:wasalam: