The obligation to perform Hajj for a single muslimah

nita madjid

Assalamualaikum wr.wb.

Dear sisters and brothers. Would you care to share with me an opinion, preferably those based on the Quran and Hadith on the following matters:

I am a single muslimah, who is financially able to perform Hajj. However when I am about to enroll my self to the list regulated by the ministry of religion (that is how we do it, here in Indonesia), both my mom and dad stop me from doing so.
They argue that I can not go travel there without muhrim. Hence, they ask me to wait until I get married. As a daughter I respect and follow their opinion, though I do feel that I need to find other opinion.

The thing is I understand that Hajj is one of the pillar of our faith. And should Allah calls me before I get married (and perform Hajj) wouldn't I'll be view as sinned. Because I am capable to do so, physically and financially?

:jazaak::jazaak:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I'd agree with your parents, since it is important to obay them and not make them worried.. also it is better for a woman to have a man(Mahram) going with her anywhere she goes to provide her needs and protect her from others.

But If you can convince them - your parents that is, I heard that some scholars said it is ok for a woman to travel without a Mahram, regarded that she goes with a group of women she can trust.