*** The Revival of the Sunnah thread ***

AdamMuslim

Besm Allah,
Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah,
Dear brothers and sisters,
This thread is dedicated to the revival of many forgotten Sunnah of our beloved prophet (PBUH).

I start with the first relatively forgotten sunnah
The importance of SIWAK/MISWAK (*)

1. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "If it was not for the fact that I might have been overburdening my community - or the people - I would have ordered them to use the siwak for every prayer." (Agreed upon).

2. Shurayh ibn Hani' said, "I asked 'Aisha, What did the Prophet (PBUH) do first when he entered his house?' She replied, 'Use the siwak." (reported by Muslim).

3. Abu Musa al-Ashari said, "I visited the Prophet (PBUH) and the end of the siwak was on his tongue." (Agreed upon)

4. Aisha said, "The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, 'Ten things make up man's natural form: trimming the moustache, letting the beard grow, using the siwak, snuffing water up the nose, cutting the nails, washing the knuckles, removing hair from the armpits, shaving the pubic hair and using water in the lavatory.'" The narrator said, "I forgot the tenth. It could be rinsing the mouth." (reported by Muslim).

(*) twigs of certain trees that are used on a regular basis by Muslims for centuries (and all Prophets Peace upon Them) to maintain oral hygiene and gain the pleasure of Allah SWT. It is a "natural toothbrush." Not only does it provide spiritual benefits, but it is also beneficial to the everyday maintenance of one's mouth, gums, and teeth.

:wasalam:

AdamMuslim

Salam,
It is not uncommon that people (at least me !!!) criticize our mom's, sisters's, freinds's, wives's food. The sunnah of our beloved prophet (PBUH) is to never criticize a food .

The Prophet (PBUH) never criticised a food

Abu Hurayrah relates how the Prophet (PBUH) never criticised food. "If he liked it, he ate it. If he did not, he just left it." (Agreed upon)

:wasalam:

to be continued

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Moving finger throughout Tashahud

1. Point with the finger throughout the entire Tashahhud.
2. Move it when making du`aa’.”

“It is sunnah to point with the forefinger and move it during the Tashahhud because of the report narrated by Ahmad and An-Nasa’i from Wa’il ibn Hajar who said: I said, I will watch how the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) prays. So I watched him and he stood up and said “Allahu akbar,” and raised his hands until they were level with his ears, then he placed his right hand over his left and left wrist and left forearm. Then when he wanted to bow he raised his hands likewise. He put his hands on his knees, then when he raised his head he raised his hands likewise. Then he prostrated and put his hands level with his ears, then he sat resting on his left foot and placed his left hand on his thigh and left knee, and he put the elbow of his right hand on his right thigh. Then he made a circle with two of his fingers, then he raised his finger and I saw him moving it and making du`aa’ with it.

Muslim narrated that `Abdullah ibn `Umar said: When he—meaning the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)—sat during the Prayer, he would place his right hand on his right thigh and clench all his fingers, and point with the finger that is next to the thumb, and he would place his left hand on his left thigh.

According to a report narrated by Muslim from Ibn `Umar, when the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) sat during the Prayer, he would put his hands on his thighs and raise the finger of his right hand that is next to the thumb, and make du`aa’ with it, and his left hand would be resting on his left thigh.

An-Nasa’i narrated that Sa`d said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) passed by me while I was making du`aa’ with my fingers and he said, “One, one,” and pointed with his index finger. Meaning: point with one finger, namely the index finger.

Ahmad narrated that Nafi` said: When `Abdullah ibn `Umar sat during the Prayer, he would put his hands on his thighs and point with his finger while looking at it. Then he said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “It is harder on the Shaytan than iron,” meaning the index finger.

amjaddamen

brother
he never laugh with all mouth opened

he used to help his wives with house hold

he used to sitdown with sahabah after fajr prayer and ask them if any had seen dream

he used to sleep after 'ash prayer unless he had duties to fulfill

he used to visit the grave yard

when he asked for food in morning and he found nothing he fasted

he used to conduct ('atikaf) ten days in ramdan

abu'muhammad

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

Daily Sunnats:

Using the right hand to do things

To say (only) before beginning to eat

Eating with hands instead of spoons or forks

Eating with the right hand

Drinking in three breaths

To grow the beard and trim (not shave) the mustache.

When exiting the house putting out the left foot before the right

When entering the house putting in the right foot before the left

When entering a bathroom putting in the left foot before the right

When exiting a bathroom putting out the right foot before the left

To put oil in the hair and beard

Taking a shower on the day of Eid

Taking a shower on a Friday

To put itr (scent) on Friday (it can also be done on regular days)

Going to the mosque early on a Friday for the Jumah prayer

Walking to the mosque on a Friday for the Jumah prayer

Not talking during the khutba (sermon) on a Friday

Sitting close to the Imam (try to sit on the first row) during the Jumah

To keep the lower garment (pants, shalwar, pajamas, etc.) above the ankle at all times. This also refers to long upper garments (shirt, kameez, etc.) which should not exceed the length of the ankle.

To eat an odd number of dates on the day of eid.

To read tahajjud (night prayer) in the last 1/3rd of the night with a total of 11 rak'ahs.

When walking upward first use the right leg

When walking downwards first use the left leg

When putting on the clothes, first putting the right hand or leg through the cloth and then the left

When taking off the clothes, first taking the left hand or leg out through the cloth and then the right

To take a drink (milk, juice, soda, water, etc.) while sitting down.

To break the fast early (meaning right at sunset without delay)

To eat the suhoor (dawn meal) in its last hour (meaning to eat suhoor, the dawn meal in Ramadan, late. For example, say that suhoor ends at 5:30 AM, so, you would start eating at 5:00 AM.)

In prayer, making the first rakah (unit) of prayer the longest, then the second shorter than that, and so on.

To recite Ayat al-kursi after every farz (compulsory) prayer.

To do Istanja after relieving oneself in the restroom.

To do ghusal as soon as possible when in a state of Jinnabat (impurity, such as, after sexual intercourse, wet dream, etc.) - This is OBLIGATORY.

To give a walima (wedding feast)

Raising the hands before and after the ruku in prayer

To place the hands on your chest in prayer

To raise the hands on the third rakkah (unit) of prayer

To sleep at night facing the the kabbah in Mecca

2. Move it when making du`aa’.”

Pointing but Not Moving the Finger in the Tashahhud

The Position of Ash-Shaikh Muqbil Al-Waadi’ee (rahimahullaah)

This was the position of Shaikh Muqbil bin Haadee Al-Waadi'ee (rahimahullaah) - i.e. that the finger is NOT moved during the tashahhud, rather one only points with it without moving it. The issue of difference revolves around a single hadeeth reported by Waa'il bin Hujr.

Shaikh Muqbil discusses it in As-Saheehul-Musnad mimmaa laysa fis-Saheehayn, vol.2, pg.265. The narration was recorded by Ibn Maajah, and Waa'il said, "I saw the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) making a circle with his thumb and middle finger and he lifted the one that was next to them (i.e. the index finger), supplicating with it in the Tashahhud."

Shaikh Muqbil said, "This hadeeth is Hasan (good). This hadeeth proves pointing with the finger. However, in reference to moving it, then the only one who narrated that was Zaa'idah bin Qudaamah and he has contradicted 13 narrators (who all narrated this same hadeeth from Waa'il): Bishr bin Al-Mufadhdhal with Abee Daawood, Sufyaan bin 'Uyainah with An-Nasaa'ee, Ath-Thawree with An-Nasaa'ee, 'Abdul-Waahid bin Ziyaad with Ahmad, Shu'bah with Ahmad, Zuhayr bin Mu'aawiyah with Ahmad, 'Abdullaah bin Idrees with Ibn Khuzaymah, Khaalid bin 'Abdillaah At-Tahhaan with Al-Bayhaqee, Muhammad bin Fudhayl with Ibn Khuzaymah, Abul-Ahwas Sallaam bin Sulaym with At-Tayaalisee, Aboo 'Awaanah and Gheelaan bin Jaami' both were quoted by Al-Bayhaqee as mentioning it (i.e. this hadeeth without moving the finger), and all of them reported it from 'Aasim bin Kulayb (who narrated it from his father, from Waa'il) and none of them mentioned moving (the finger) in it.

It was also reported from the companions 'Abdullaah bin Az-Zubayr, 'Abdullaah bin 'Umar, Aboo Humayd As-Saa'idee, Aboo Hurayrah, Sa'd bin Abee Waqqaas, Ibn 'Abbaas, Khaffaaf bin Eemaa', and all of them did not mention moving (the finger). So it is known from this that the report of Zaa'idah is strange and contradicting (Shaathth). And Allaah knows best. The detailed explanation concerning those who reported the hadeeth of these narrators who have opposed Zaa'idah, and (the hadeeths of) these companions can be seen in the research of our noble brother, Ahmad bin Sa'eed, may Allaah preserve him."

The difference is that Shaikh Al-Albaanee considered this a case of Ziyaadatuth-Thiqah (the additional information added in a narration of one of the narrators who is reliable that is not found in the other versions of the hadeeth). This is because Al-Albaanee did not consider the additional wording, "and he would move it" as contradictory because he says that pointing does not negate movement. Shaikh Muqbil went with the basic principle that a Ziyaadah (extra added wording) that contradicts what others who were more reliable or more numerous in their number reported is Shaathth, and thus unaccepted.

abu'muhammad

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said :

1) DO not make a partner with Allah,
2) Do not perform magic over other ( neither done through others),
3) Do not assinate anyone without any cause,
4) Never eat interest,
5) never snatch the wealth of orphans,
6) Do not runaway from the battlefield during Jihad.
7) Never keep a blame over the pious women who are away from fornication.

Allah knows best.

lillahil hamd

abu'muhammad

:bismillah:

Sunnahs of EATING :

Wash both hands before EATING.

Before EATING spread out a cloth on the floor first.

Remove the shoes before EATING.

Sit on the floor and EAT.

Recite "Bismillah wa`la Barakatillah" aloud.

EAT with the right hand.

EAT with three fingers if possible.

One should not EAT very hot food/do not BLOW on food.

EAT from the side which is front of you.

If a morsel of food falls down pick it up, clean it and EAT it.

Do not lean while EATING.

Do not find fault with the food.

Either sit on both knees on the ground or one knee raised or both knees raised while EATING.

After EATING one should lick his fingers.

Recite DUA after EATING.

First remove the food then get up.

Clean the plate and other utensils thoroughly after EATING.

By doing this the utensils make DUA for one` s forgiveness.

After meals wash both the hands, thereafter gargle the mouth.

While EATING shouldn`t remain completely silent.

Sunnahs of DRINKING:

A Muslim should DRINK with right hand because SHAITAN (satan) drinks with left hand.

Sit and DRINK.

Recite "Bismillah" before DRINKING and say "Alhamdulillah" after DRINKING.

DRINK in three breaths and remove utensil from mouth after each sip.

Do not DRINK directly from the jug or bottle one should pour the content into the glass first and have a look at water and then DRINK.

Sunnahs of SLEEPING:

Pertaining to DEEN before going to sleep discuss matters of family members or (read some Islamic books or narrate some incidents of sahabah).

To sleep in the state of WUZU (Ablution).

To make the bed yourself.

Dust the bed thrice before retiring to bed.

One should change some other clothes before going to sleep. (Ex:pyjamas, etc).

To brush the teeth with a meswak.

To apply surmah in both the eyes.

One should sleep immediately after ISHA salaah.

To sleep on the right hand side keeping right palm under the right cheek.

To keep the knees slightly bent when sleeping.

To refrain from sleeping on one`s stomach.

Sleeping both on bed and floor are sunnah.

To face Qiblah.

To recite Surah Mulk before sleeping.

To recite Aayat-Al-kursi.

To recite Surah Iqlaas, Surah Falaq and Surah Naas three times before sleeping thereafter blowing over the entire body thrice.

Recite Tasbeeh-e-Fatima before sleeping i.e 33 X Subhan`Allah, 33X Alhamdulillah and 34 X Allahu`Akber.

To recite the DUA before sleeping.

To wake up for Tahajjud salaah.

Sunnahs On AWAKENING:

On AWAKENING rub face and eyes with the palms of hands in order to remove the effects of sleep.

When the eyes open in the morning say "Alhamdulillah" thrice and then recite Kalimah-e-Tayyibah.

Thereafter recite DUA on AWAKENING.

On AWAKENING cleanse the mouth with a meswak.

Sunnahs when wearing CLOTHES:

RasoolAllah (SalallahuAlaihiWaSallam) loved white clothing.

When putting on any garment RasoolAllah(SalallahuAlaihiWaSallam) always began with the right limb.

When removing any garment RasoolAllah(SalallahuAlaihiWaSallam) always removed the left limb first.

Males must wear the clothes above the ankles and females must ensure that their lower garments cover their ankles.

Males should wear a topi or turban and females must wear scarves at all times.

When wearing shoes first wear the right shoe then left and while removing first remove left and then right.

Allah knows best

abu'muhammad

Sunnah of Wearing :

When wearing shoes or clothing to begin with the right and when removing them to begin with the left. (TIRMIZI)

Our Nabi SAW prohibited walking with one shoe only. (BUKHARI)

Nabi SAW would not throw away clothing until worn patched.(TIRMIZI)

Nabi SAW advised us to keep in mind those people who are poorer than us in the matenal world and those that are more piousand educated than ourselves in deen (religion). (TIRMIZI)

Men should wear their pants (lower garments) above the ankles. (TIRMIZI)

Those men who wear their pants (or any garment eg lungi or Khurta) below their ankles will, on the Day of Qiyarnat, have fire on their ankles and Allah shall not look at them with mercy (MISHKAAT)
NOTE:- This law is for all times whether in namaaz or not.

On the Day of the Conquest of Makkah, our Nabi wore a black amamah (turban). (MISHKAAT)

Our Nabi SAW wore strapped sandals and leather socks (mowzai). (MISHKAAT)

Whenever he lifted his shoes, he did so with the fingers of his left hand.(SHAMAIL-E-TIRMIZI)
HazratAbu Hurairah (RA.) said: "Allah's Messenger cursed the man who put on woman's clothing and the woman who put on man's clothing". (ABU DAWOOD)

Nabi SAW said:- He who puts on clothes and says:-'Praise be to Allah, who clothed me with this, and who provided me with it without any power or might of mine', then his past and present (minor) sins are forgiven. (ABU DAWOOD)

When wearing new clothes our Nabi SAW used to praise Allah then, he would read 2 rakaats Nafi (optional) prayer of thanks and give the old clothes away to any needy person. (IBN-ASAKIR)