The saudi raped victim....Do u believe she should be punished ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muharram23

Staff member

salamu alaykum

the saudi government has a judge. There is shariah implemented there, so we should leave it to them. How am i going to be able to say if she needs to be punished or not if i dont know any evidence. If she is guilty, she should be punished. Plus how do u know she was raped and not freely. Just because she said she was raped. How many girls in the west have sex and then the say the were raped to cover their fault. So, that is up to the judge. No one here is a judge. Plus the western media puts alot of lies beacuse they hate saudi arabia because it is the only country in the world that has sharia. Plus brother you said "saudi raped victim" :) that is like saying "america raped victim" its like saying the whole country did. You probably mean some saudi men :).

Allahknows best

Muharram

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart

Assalam,

I am not familiar about this case but Why should she be punish? Like you said she is a victim of rape which means the person who raped her should be punished. I heard that in islam it says that a man who rapes a woman should be killed (correct me it i am wrong please) so i think the man should be punished whatever punish the government of saudi decides and they should help the victim sister becuase she is going to face a lot of problems emotional, physical, and mental. I did a paper about domestic violence against women and i learn victims have side effect for long time.

arabiantxn

Perhaps the question arises why she go out with 9 strangers who she never knew. Thats said still they don't have the right do such a thing.
Again I don’t know the full details of this atrocity but still I am grieved to hear the whole thing. Perhaps this is why the society thinks it’s not wise for women to drive.

Zina is considered one of the greatest sins in Islam. Their is NO WAY - YOU CAN BE A MUSLIM AND COMMIT THIS. may allah curse this perosn who commit this crime. it is the worse.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We had a similar post a few days ago. Please drop this thread. It is of no instruction and most of it is speculation. We are deviating from that which needs our attention. This is an individual case and we are not privy to the circumstances. Leave it alone.
Allah subhana talla is the one who is the Judge. Let us concentrate on issues which unite us and help us.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
salamu alaykum

the saudi government has a judge. There is shariah implemented there, so we should leave it to them. How am i going to be able to say if she needs to be punished or not if i dont know any evidence. If she is guilty, she should be punished. Plus how do u know she was raped and not freely. Just because she said she was raped. How many girls in the west have sex and then the say the were raped to cover their fault. So, that is up to the judge. No one here is a judge. Plus the western media puts alot of lies beacuse they hate saudi arabia because it is the only country in the world that has sharia. Plus brother you said "saudi raped victim" :) that is like saying "america raped victim" its like saying the whole country did. You probably mean some saudi men :).

Allahknows best

Muharram

Hold up here, come again... What is a guy doing with a girl who isn't his wife? Correct me if i am wrong but saudi sisters are not as educated about the religion as much as the brothers. Is there a current age until a sister can go to islamic school? I think because she said she was rape, it should be take by her word because she is a muslim and unlike the western girls who you compare her to she might be right. How is up to the judge when he/she wasn't present at the scene of the crime so i think the judge will choose because of this views on what women should do or where they should be. What the end it real is up to Allah. Allah knows all! May Allah help make the right judgement!

Masria

Isn't the issue 'what' she is being punished for?

She was given 90 lashes for being with a male that is not in her family. When her lawyer appealed this was increased to 200 lashes.

Is there any Islamic evidence that women should be punished for being with a male they are not related to?

Perhaps these are the relevant questions here?

I am slightly offended at the suggestion that perhaps this is why women should not drive. She was not driving but was a passanger in a car, so what has driving got to do with it? I have driven cars for over 20 years and have managed thus far to avoid being gang raped.

arabiantxn

I think Saudi Arabian is one of the most beautiful countries, its islamic, its modern enough to offer you all the convenience and traditional enough to maintain a family environment all that said I don’t think it’s Not Safe Place For Women!!!. you have to realize that some people have issues and in a place where you don't expect this to happen these things get magnified ! the saudi society have a issues. this is one of them

muharram23

Staff member
plese give me a count how many rapes happen in saudi arabi a year and then rest of the world.

wa assalamu alaykum

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

Isn't the issue 'what' she is being punished for?

She was given 90 lashes for being with a male that is not in her family. When her lawyer appealed this was increased to 200 lashes.

Is there any Islamic evidence that women should be punished for being with a male they are not related to?

Perhaps these are the relevant questions here?

I am slightly offended at the suggestion that perhaps this is why women should not drive. She was not driving but was a passanger in a car, so what has driving got to do with it? I have driven cars for over 20 years and have managed thus far to avoid being gang raped.

answer her question....where does islam say punish the women when shes around who who she is not related to ?

like oh my Allah..........this THREAD cannot be stop, i swear this is like the third thread on this subject.......I am not saying it should not be discuss but the mod and admins keep closing it

But anyway I feel that the media is not really give the full story and untill I have the truth of what went really down I will not give my opinion

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I cant really see why we need to discuss this again.

There are already two (closed) threads on this topic.

We simply dont know all the facts.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

I have to close this thread, even though some people will not like it.

Its closed because people do not know everything about the case. Just people speak based on what the media is reporting.

If people want to argue, can do so on the many other websites around the web that do not care what people write.

Islam not based on our desires and speaking without knowledge. We must ascertain truth and not make our own fatawa or opinion in such a way.

wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.