The Significance of Saying BISMILLAH....

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
ASLAMUALIKUM WAREHMATAALHI WABARAKATUHU...
:bismillah:

Muslims often say this phrase when embarking on any significant endeavor, and the phrase is considered by some to be a major pillar of Islam. This expression is so magnificent and so concise that all but one chapter of the Qur’an begins with the words Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim.

The common translation:

“In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate”.

Sayyidina Ali (ra) was reported to have said that saying Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim is a duaa that helps simplify a hard task and removes grief and brings happiness to the heart.

Aisha (ra) reported: The Prophet said, “When any of you wants to eat, he should mention the Name of Allah in the beginning (Bismillah). If he forgets to do it in the beginning, he should say Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (I begin with the Name of Allah at the beginning and at the end).” — Tirmidhi & Daw’ud

Jabir (ra) reported: I heard the Prophet (pbuh) saying, “if a person mentions the Name of Allah upon entering his house or eating, Satan says, addressing his followers: ‘you will find no where to spend the night and no dinner.’ But if he enters without mentioning the Name of Allah, Satan says to his followers; ‘you have found a place to spend the night in’, and if he does not mention the Name of Allah at the time of eating, Satan says; ‘you have found a place to spend the night in as well as food’”. — Muslim

Umaiyyah bin Makshi (ra) reported: The Prophet (pbuh) was sitting while a man was eating food. That man did not mention the Name of Allah till only a morsel of food was left. When he raised it to his mouth, he said, Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu. The Prophet smiled at this and said, “Satan had been eating with him but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, Satan vomited all that was in his stomach.” — Abu Daw’ud & Al-Nasai

Wahshi bin Harb reported: Some of the sahaba of the Prophet (pbuh) said, “We eat but are not satisfied.” He said, “Perhaps you eat separately.” The Sahaba replied in the affirmative. He then said, “Eat together and mention the Name of Allah over your food. It will be blessed for you.” — Abu Dawood

http://www.pathtojannah.com/articles/importance-of-saying-bismillah/

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

I love to read your posts. I think I will make my blessings..my students...read this.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
Asalaam walaikum,

I love to read your posts. I think I will make my blessings..my students...read this.

WALIKUMUSALAM WAREHMATALLAHI WABARAKATUHU...

I'm glad sister you like my posts... and I'm glad that people would benefit from this INSHALLAH... which is the goal for all of us here....

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR SISTER...

MAY ALLAH BLESS US ALL...

strive-may-i

:wasalam:

And, here is a practice followed in place am from. In a Muslim gathering, when the whole group is about to gorge on the food, if the words "Bismillaa" has not been heard, then let one person say it, in a way other hears it , or move the lips . The Idea is, to hint others, to say Bismilla, incase the hunger has made them, forget to say it. In a mixed gathering, use your discretion. This always has helped me.

PeArLL

-Quiet Member-
:wasalam:

And, here is a practice followed in place am from. In a Muslim gathering, when the whole group is about to gorge on the food, if the words "Bismillaa" has not been heard, then let one person say it, in a way other hears it , or move the lips . The Idea is, to hint others, to say Bismilla, incase the hunger has made them, forget to say it. In a mixed gathering, use your discretion. This always has helped me.

Brother, MASHALLAH... This is a beautiful and helpful way to remind everyone to say BISMILLAH...