The State of our Ummah today

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
:salam2:

I want to write to you today about a topic that is going to get to the heart of the matter and that is the answer to the question: Why is it that the state of our Ummah so weak right now?

I'd like to start off by asking those of you who are reading this to understand and keep in mind that what I'm about to write I'm writing from a non-religious perspective. What I mean by that is that I want you to view what I'm writing from a neutral position on the matter. Please read with an unbiased and an open mind.

Now that it's clear as to how I'll be approaching this issue; I'll start.

I'd first like to start from the very basic because I strongly believe that one of the core reasons as to why the Ummah is so weak right now is because people's neglection to practice the very basics of Islam.

The definition of Ummah states:

Ummah (Arabic: أمة) is an Arabic word meaning Community or Nation. It is commonly used to mean either the collective nation of states, or (in the context of pan-Arabism) the whole Arab world. In the context of Islam, the word ummah is used to mean the diaspora or "Community of the Believers" (ummat al-mu'minin), and thus the whole Muslim world.

I want you notice in that definition the words I kept in bold. "In the context of Islam" and "thus the whole Muslim world." Keep those words in mind, as I continue.

Many of you know the word Ummah means Unity. What does Unity mean?

The definition of Unity states:

1. the state of being one; oneness.

2. a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one.
3. the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts
of a whole; unification.
4. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character.

Now let me ask you this based on what you already know about Ummah and what you know about the state of Ummah right now...Do you really think those two definitions fit nowadays? Do you really think its something to be proud of these days?

I don't know about you, but to me honestly, it isn't at all.

Here is why:

I believe that the biggest problems which our Ummah has to dal with these days is Too much Ego

If someone tries to enforce their beliefs into you, if someone tries to shove their faith down your throat....how do you think it's going to make you feel?

This brings me back to my memories of when people asked me " How is it that Islam is a religion of peace, when you guys blow up buildings and march on the streets stonning women and causing other nonsense violence?"

Majority of the despair you have now in the world were cause by Extreamist Muslim people. People who use propaganda in the name of Islam. I truely believe they are truely in the verge of destroying such a beutiful word as Islam.

Islam isn't about violence. Its about Peace, Discipline and Love for one another. This is what that truely adds up to the definition of the word Ummah.

Muslims around the world has lost touch with the meaning due to ego. Thats why in darfur you have Islam v.s Islam war. Why is that? Because of politics? If it is, dont' bring faith into that. If you really had Islam within you and you really believed in Ummah there wouldn't be any politics for your to fight over.

Muslims currently are the worst people in the world right now because we are not showing what our faith really stands for. We say it stands for peace, and yet when someone insults us...BAM!! violence occurs.

Take the whole naming the Teddy bear Muhammed(pbuh) for example. Its a toy. Gibson didn't name the bear, her whole class did. She teaches a class full of little kids in A MUSLIM BASED COUNTRY. Don't you think maybe its the kids who chose that name, and because of the affection she has for them she allowed it? Its not like she named a rat that :astag:

Really people don't think outside the box these days. Allah(swt) gave us the power to think through things with superb reasoning. Thats what makes us diffrent than animals. If you aren't using that, then what good is it for you to even posses such privilage?

And thats just my 2 cents.

:wasalam: