There is nothing like unto Him

Noor to shine

I think that we should read all the verses of the attributes of Allah swt to gain more undertsanding ....please ponder in these verses;

42:11 The Originator [is He] of the heavens and the earth. He has given you mates of your own kind just as [He has willed that] among the beasts [there be] mates - to multiply you thereby: [but] there is nothing like unto Him, and He alone is all-hearing, all-seeing.

Please ponder again; there is nothing like unto Him

this verse cuts the roots of any kind of tashbeeh تشبيه or tagseem تجسيم if understood truely.....the prophet and his companian understood the verses as they were and cared very much to obey Allah swt in all his orders .....no time to be wasted for arguing.

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

I agree with you. There is nothing like unto Him, so we should not even consider that He is anything like his creation. And when He says that He is the "all-Hearing" "al-Seeing", that He has a "hand" or a "face" we should not take them in any sense or form to mean that it is like ours. Because there is nothing like Him.

Again I suggest listening to this! Please, it's long, but very worth it. If you do not want to temporarily download it onto your player, there is an online link:

Tawheed - Allah's Attributes
Direct Online Link

Based upon the book “The Creed of Ahl-as-sunnah wal-Jama’ah” by Sheikh Ibn Uthaymeen (Rohimahullaah, May Allaah have Mercy on him)

By Sheikh Salem At-Taweel
www.masjidibrahim.org

It has many examples which help enhance our understanding of this subject matter!

wasalam

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!
:salam2:
yeah, jezakallah kheir sister ill listen to it later when i get some time right now ive gotta go.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy

Eliminate any anthropomorphism (human qualities) from their conception of Allah. His attributes are not like human attributes, despite similar labels or appellations.

Names (or meanings) does not imply similarity in what is being described (referents). As a robotic arm differs from a human arm, so the "hand" of Allah is nothing like a human hand, His speech is nothing like human speech, etc.

When we say "face of mountain", it does not mean that we start comparing the mountain with human face. There can be many examples that makes it clear such as table leg, lever arm, chair arm , head of department, eye of needle, text body etc etc

Wasalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Names (or meanings) does not imply similarity in what is being described (referents). As a robotic arm differs from a human arm, so the "hand" of Allah is nothing like a human hand, His speech is nothing like human speech, etc.

Exactly.........agreed

farhopes

No God but Allah

Eliminate any anthropomorphism (human qualities) from their conception of Allah. His attributes are not like human attributes, despite similar labels or appellations.

When we say "face of mountain", it does not mean that we start comparing the mountain with human face. There can be many examples that makes it clear such as table leg, lever arm, chair arm , head of department, eye of needle, text body etc etc

Wasalam

Sobhan Allah! Along the ages specially before Islam, people used to attribute imaginary features regarding GOD. Thanks to Islam we are moved from the darkness of ignorance to the light of the Truth. Alhamdulillah.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Brilliant! Masha'Allah

Wasalam

Noor to shine

:salam2: for all
I think the most effeicient way to know Allah swt more is to read Quran with all our hearts and try to understand .....I think if any human seeks truth then Satan will try his best to put doubts and confussions in his/her heart then the verses of Quran (if read with a conscious mind )wipe any kind of misconception and make the truth shines clearly within.

50:37 In this, behold, there is indeed a reminder for everyone whose heart is wide-awake -that is, [every*!one who] lends ear with a conscious mind - :astag: