they call themselves muslims?

salam alaykum

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7426980.stm

shameful.........they forgot to tell that the maulvi turned on the fan while the kid was upside down and the kid was blind also!....this kind of cases are already usual in madrassas in this dictator based country.....the should focus on these things more rather on the so called "war on terror" ........:angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred::angryred:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Salem9022

many of those people in pakistan especially in the villages are deobandies/nashqabandies and they aren't educated in the sunnah and the Quran, so you will see alot of these things in pakistan especially in the village areas. Unfortanetly they don't have alot of resources to learn about Islam so they learn from the local village leader who himself doesn't know much about Islam

huda2

:salam2:

It doesnt surprise me coz I remember when I was very young and we went the madarasa the teacher used to beat us if we say one mistake abt the quran, and we were just little kids. most of the times we learned the quran out of fear so they dont have to beat us. These people are not educated they just learn it as the other brother mentioned. may allah forgive them.

palestine

Servant of Allah
sister huda right on. we used to get beat up too if we didn't know our quran. i mean discipline kids but do not beat them so harshly that they become blind. this is not of the sunnah. subhanallah. salam.

palestine

Servant of Allah
you know i thought for a while and have come to realize something. although this has happened in pakistan, everyone must keep in mind that not all pakistanis are this way. there are those who's hearts are pure and who are true believers- and when we are blaming or saying something of one particular group we should not blame them all. because then it would be unfair to those who are against this injustice. and just like muslims should not have to apologize for 9/11, pakistanis should not have to apologize for what one person did. because it is that individuals responsibility to come forward and speak the truth. and fear allah. just a reminder that we should not judge people. we should not generalize an entire group for what one person did. subhanallah people who are pious must have a mind to know that they should not hang a child from a fan nor beat them harshly nor be unmerciful to a child that they could father. may allah forgive our ummah, for it is us who have let each other down. salam.

Noor_Al-Ain

SolideresS Of Allah
Yes,,,, In my local area, Ustad's bang kids ears in cupboard/door hinges, beat them on the back with metal & wooden bars if they do not read/pray properly...

:astag:

saba urooj

yeah even my school quran teacher was a monster,she hit children as if they some liveless object, on the other hand ,she was jus the teacher for name sake she never ever properly teached us quran.she used to come to class hit childrens who forgots to bring qurans like a mad woman,then ask any kid who already knew quran to recite.n thus her job was done,coming n hitting kids n sleeping in class........lol......now the law is made that teacher are liable to legal action if they hit any kid in school...too late for me:girl3:

A Kashmiri

Let us not categorize all Quranic teachers in the same category as this teacher.

My Quran Teachers were good, and they never beat us. They were kind and very good teachers and they were the first who introduced me to the Islamic books when was a child. Before that I was only aware of the Spider man, superman comics , cartoons etc etc.

iislam4ever

Servant of Allah 247
in Pakistan quran teachers are very stick and harsh toward students... i used to lived there and attended quran class when i was very young.... my teacher used to hit us with the stick so badly that i still remember up to this point .. i know its kind of weird but its true :lol: over there they have no mercy :shymuslima1:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
My dad told me about this ...he said his own teachers never made them do any punishments which they themselves hadn't tried out and ensured they weren't fatal ...but seriously, I'm thinking, which sadist thinks up different (often painful) punishment methods in the first place?

I find it pretty disgusting. What a Jahil 'teacher,'

Astagfirullah

Shahzad

Well, it seems every other pakistani at this site is victim of Madarsah.

Why cant u ppl keep ur mouth shut in this regard? We have already been put down by the whole world via propaganda. Such incidents occasionally happen but as sister palestine said, we dont have to opologize for this niether we shud talk abt insie maatters in an open forum.

We have our dignity

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
many of those people in pakistan especially in the villages are deobandies/nashqabandies and they aren't educated in the sunnah and the Quran, so you will see alot of these things in pakistan especially in the village areas. Unfortanetly they don't have alot of resources to learn about Islam so they learn from the local village leader who himself doesn't know much about Islam
You seem obsessed with putting down the sub continent in every single post you make, its very immature and makes you look stupid, though I dont think you are, I hope you grow out of it sooner or later :rolleyes:
Well, it seems every other pakistani at this site is victim of Madarsah.

Why cant u ppl keep ur mouth shut in this regard? We have already been put down by the whole world via propaganda. Such incidents occasionally happen but as sister palestine said, we dont have to opologize for this niether we shud talk abt insie maatters in an open forum.

We have our dignity
I agree, this incident shouldn't become a 'collective guilt' thing, its a horrific case, but generalisations shouldn't be made in any case.

Punishment in moderation is alright and most likely wouldnt have any lasting impact on a person, in fact, in UK schools some of the children deserve nothing less than the whip, I got away with a lot in secondary school (sharp tongue), and if I had been in Pakistan, the habit would have been beaten out of me, so not a bad idea at all.

Though I think there are a million ways of getting through to a child without raising a finger.

Enough said, may Allah (s) keep us guided, justice will be delivered bi idhnillah.

Wasalam

Salem9022

I sound stupid? maybe you should respond to my post and if what I am saying is right or wrong instead of attacking me personally. btw I'm pakistani and I'm not putting south asia down, there are many people with the right aqeedah in south asia, but there are also many many people with the wrong one, and you would agree with me

Zafran

Muslim Brother
This type of ignorant behaviour is widespread and does happen a lot. This type of behaviour has nothing to do with Islam. Crazy ignorant people. Its problem and needs to be cured as it does not have any place in Islam.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I sound stupid? maybe you should respond to my post and if what I am saying is right or wrong instead of attacking me personally. btw I'm pakistani and I'm not putting south asia down, there are many people with the right aqeedah in south asia, but there are also many many people with the wrong one, and you would agree with me

I agree with you, (this post) but I just felt it was a trend in your posting style as of recent ...maybe I am mistaken though.