Time of Magrib salah

newusman

Muslim
Assalam Alaikum,
I would like to know what is the ruling on magrib timing. Is magrib salah valid from magrib adaan till Isha adaan or is it valid from magrib adaan till sun totally sets(meaning no light).
The reason I'm asking is coz i have an exam inshAlllah on Wednesday from 5:15 to 6:30, and magrib adaan is at 5:35 & prayer at 5:40. which means by the time i come out of my exam it will be totally dark, and probably the magrib salah time would be over aswell.
So inshAllah im planning to inform them to give me 5 mins to pray in the exam room, I live in a muslim country(just in case if your wondering)... :(... SAD ISN'T IT :tti_sister:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:wasalam:Brother,

May Allah SWT make the exam easier than you can ever think, and grant you success with the highest grades!

The times of the prayers were mentioned by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the hadeeth:

“The time for Zuhr is from when the sun has passed its zenith and a man’s shadow is equal in length to his height, until the time for ‘Asr comes. The time for ‘Asr lasts until the sun turns yellow. The time for Maghrib lasts until the twilight has faded. The time for ‘Isha’ lasts until midnight. The time for Subh (Fajr) prayer lasts from the beginning of the pre-dawn so long as the sun has not yet started to rise. When the sun starts to rise then stop praying, for it rises between the two horns of the Shaytaan.” (Narrated by Muslim, 612).

The time for Maghrib starts immediately after the time for ‘Asr ends, which is when the sun sets, until the twilight or red afterglow has faded. When the red afterglow has disappeared from the sky, the time for Maghrib ends and the time for ‘Isha’ begins. Defining this time by the clock varies according to the season. When you see that the red afterglow has disappeared from the horizon, this is a sign that the time for Maghrib has ended.

If you encounter any difficulty in praying because you are preoccupied with the exam, or because the time is too tight, then it is permissible for you to join two prayers, join Maghrib with ‘Isha’ at the time of ‘Isha’.

You can read more on this link:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=97455&ln=eng

:salam2:

newusman

Muslim
JazakAllah khayr :)

I have a follow up question. So inshAllah as it is permissible to join magrib with isha, at the time of isha salah, so does that mean that I pray isha first & then magrib or the other way round.
secondly the isha adaan is called around 7:05, so I will be out of the exam before that( around 6:30), so can I pray magrib on my own, or make a second Jama' with others who were in the exam. Will that be permissible.
Yeah I know I'm kind of making the question hard??? sorry abt that...

:wasalam:Brother,
"To sum up, it is not permissible for a woman or anyone else to join two prayers that it is not permitted to join, rather one may only join two prayers that it is permitted to join, such as joining Zuhr and ‘Asr, at the time of the earlier or later prayer, and joining Maghrib and ‘Isha’ at the time of the earlier or later prayer, when there is a need for that. End quote from Fataawa Noor al-Darb. "

:salam2: