Two Husbands In The House

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Two Husbands In The House

Many women -because of feminism – don’t obey their husbands – which is sinful.

Some practising sisters – they are not realising that they should obey their husbands. Allah’s Messenger said [meaning];

«لَوْ كُنْتُ آمِرًا أَحَدًا أَنْ يَسْجُدَ لِأَحَدٍ، لَأَمَرْتُ الْمَرْأَةَ أَنْ تَسْجُدَ لِزَوْجِهَا، مِنْ عِظَمِ حَقِّهِ عَلَيْهَا»

“If I were to command anyone to prostrate before anyone, I would have commanded the wife to prostrate before her husband, because of the enormity of his right upon her.”

There are so many other ahadeeth on the rights of the husband from the wife.

A [non muslim] Noble Prize winner said;

The Economical and Social crisis within the western world is due to the both husbands not playing the role they should play.​

Meaning: the husband should provide for the family, and the woman should help the husband in the home to raise the children and the household.

He said; the husband should play his major role, and the wife should play her major role in the house and provide for the children etc. Once each party plays their role, a complimentary relationship will form. The husband is the provider for the house, and the wife uses this provision to grow the fruits (i.e. children).

A Wife as a Companion

It is the nature of the man; when he comes back home from work, he is tired and frustrated – and he wants to see his wife looking at him, smiling and caring for him and giving him attention. If he comes home from work and sees his wife on the phone, or the internet, or her attention isn’t on him in a good way – he will feel frustrated. He will feel that his wife is not for him, and due to this – problems start. Even a small thing will become a major thing because he will be ready to argue due to his previous frustration.

Sometimes women might think they’ve done nothing wrong, not knowing the root of the problem. Men have emotional needs, and these are fulfilled when we see our wives next to us and on our side, and this is what brings his happiness.

By not obeying the husband, he feels that she is an opposition to him, someone who wants to rebel instead of being a partner in support.

Who has more control in the home? The traditional answer would be that the husband has control of more things within the home. Whereas in reality; women have more control of the house issues. They just don’t know it.

How? Men by nature – they don’t want to displease their wives. They don’t want wives to keep nagging. They want peace of mind in their houses. Because of this, he wants to do anything to keep her quiet, pleased etc.

Advice to women; If you want anything from your husband,ask in a very emotionally pleasing way. You will never get anything from your husband if you act like a man with him.

Famous saying; The man is like a ring in the wife’s fingers, she can move him wherever she wants.

The woman cannot control her husband by lecturing/commanding or forcing him – he will hate her if she is like that. But just by a kiss, you can get whatever you want from your husband.

Their tears affect the man more than anything, instead of them shouting, they can just cry in a humble way and that will melt the husbands heart and be more effective in putting her message across to the husband.

Unfortunately, many women don’t like to exhert this type of etiquette, and this is what usually leads to two husbands’ being in the house who are competing against each other – causing the marriage to break down.

Transcription of lecture [with additions & editions] “Why Marriages Fail” By, Haitham Haddad

Mohamed's wife7

Tsk....

:salam2:
That is not hadith or sunnah. :astag: Its opinion/interpetated. I dislike interpetations on selected verses of Quran and sayings of Hadiths. I prefer reading the entire sura to get the complete understanding of what its saying, not selected verses to support personal opinion of anyone.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

This is stereotyping.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarkatuhu

Dear sister, it is not stereotyp, but it is truth. Allah is pleased with Muslim women with who is pleased her husband,and in everywhere are signs of Allah to think about them.I know that there is hadeeth which sais that your husband is your Jannah or Jahhanam,and I think it is the same ruling for the husband.

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us. It is very usefull for married sisters, but it is also usefull for us who yet plan to marry Inshallah. :shymuslima1:

May Allah guide us all.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet sister there is too much opinion in this. Complex problems lend themselves to unhappy marriages. A husband may ask a wife to give him the moon and she brings him not only the moon but throws in a handful of stars.

Yes, an ideal relationship is mutual respect and trust.

When women are forced to work to make ends meet there needs to be cooperation. It is not that there are two husbands in the house. There is a lack of understanding. When a woman makes more money, and that happens often, it hurts the man's feelings. Somehow we are tied to the myth that men should earn more.

This article is not based on fact. A husband needs to be respectful of his wife's feelings. We are dealing with survival issues.

When the workload is divided and the husband understands his responsibilities extend beyond just going out to work and working in the house as well things will improve. A man is fully capable of housework and cooking.

This is a poor argument as it reduces marriage to an economic relationship..reducing a woman to an ungrateful wretch.

A marriage is a partnership. And a good marriage is based on understanding that some decisions can be made by a wife and some by a husband and some by both.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
So.

Color me the opposition but I actually like this article minus a few points. The key for me is MODERATION.

The Prophet :saw: advised us not to follow extremes. And that doesn't mean extremes in religion. Extremes in any case are harmful. People can be extremely liberal and extremely conservative, extremely feminist and extremely misogynistic. The golden rule is to remain moderate in all aspects of one's life.

I will be the first to admit that I do not like the word "feminism". Some sisters have actually been upset at me for that and can't believe that I do not consider myself a feminist. That's because I believe that all the rights that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala have given me are more than enough. I am not going to fight for anything that He has not given me. However, before the brothers start high-fiving one another, I must digress that these rights include rights that many brothers do not believe women should have.

What I WILL fight against are any cultural or tribal impositions on me that take away any of the GOD given rights that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala has given me. I definitely agree that many men are turned off by feminists just as I will agree that there are many men who agree and support feminists. However, for me, like I said, moderation is the way. I'm not a feminist because I'm not going to go around fighting for EVERY SINGLE RIGHT in this world. If Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala didn't give it to me, I don't want it. Why? He's the Creator, He knows what's best for me and He gave me what I need to succeed and thrive. I'm not going to call that misogynistic or macho. I'm going to fight for what's mine and THAT is what Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala has given me.

Yes, there are some women who neglect the rights their husbands have on them in the name of feminism. I do not agree with such women. To me, these are extreme feminists and it is extremism in any aspect of life that I believe is the key to destroying successful relationships. It isn't a lack of the women fulfilling her husband's rights. It's straight up extremism. Extreme feminism on her part and it can also be extreme machismo on his part. If both of them would just expect the rights from one another that Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala TOLD THEM to expect from one another, then I don't see a problem. But we believe ourselves to be entitled to certan rights in one case and in another case, we believe we don't have certain rights.

How? Men by nature – they don’t want to displease their wives. They don’t want wives to keep nagging. They want peace of mind in their houses. Because of this, he wants to do anything to keep her quiet, pleased etc.

This is the part that kind of made me laugh. Ok it made me laugh full on. Why? Because a woman was not created to nag. Define what nagging is. Emphasize why you want her to stay silent. This is an extreme in a sort. Extreme machismo that is. Yes, women can be annoying but guess what? So can men. I'm not saying that wives do not have their faults. The Prophet :saw: himself stated that the husband has a very high status. I definitely agree. But before going into the marriage, they should define nagging so that he shouldn't consider her to be a "nag" when she makes a perfectly reasonable statement.

And um, whatever it takes to keep her quiet? So all is she does is rant incessantly? Has this man married every single woman on the planet? Do they all have a pattern of nagging? If he has and is basing this on extensive research, then I do say we women should curb our nagging habits. If not, well then he might want to watch the generalizations. My mother has never "nagged" my father for as long as I can remember. In fact, HE's the one that nags HER and she deals with it with the utmost patience.

Their tears affect the man more than anything, instead of them shouting, they can just cry in a humble way and that will melt the husbands heart and be more effective in putting her message across to the husband.

Lol this is the part that really cracked me up. How do you cry in a "humble" way? This is hilarious! I mean, okay I understand what the author is trying to say, that a wife's tears will move her husband but......is that what she always has to do to make him understand? Or to get him to see her point? Crying involves energy and energy is something that takes strength. How drained out is this woman going to be if all she does is cry all day? How then is she going to be able to fulfill any of her other "wifely duties"?

Like I said, I actually liked most of this article. However, in other places, I see some inconsistencies. The author might want to tweak it before distributing it to the masses (which I'm sure has happened already but just my five cents :).

sachin4islam

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarkatuhu

Dear sister, it is not stereotyp, but it is truth. Allah is pleased with Muslim women with who is pleased her husband,and in everywhere are signs of Allah to think about them.I know that there is hadeeth which sais that your husband is your Jannah or Jahhanam,and I think it is the same ruling for the husband.

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us. It is very usefull for married sisters, but it is also usefull for us who yet plan to marry Inshallah. :shymuslima1:

May Allah guide us all.

Assalam Alaikum: Sis, I agree with you completely. InshaAllah,you will be blessed with a compatible life partner. May Allah bless you.

Regards.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet sister there is too much opinion in this. Complex problems lend themselves to unhappy marriages. A husband may ask a wife to give him the moon and she brings him not only the moon but throws in a handful of stars.

Yes, an ideal relationship is mutual respect and trust.

When women are forced to work to make ends meet there needs to be cooperation. It is not that there are two husbands in the house. There is a lack of understanding. When a woman makes more money, and that happens often, it hurts the man's feelings. Somehow we are tied to the myth that men should earn more.

This article is not based on fact. A husband needs to be respectful of his wife's feelings. We are dealing with survival issues.

When the workload is divided and the husband understands his responsibilities extend beyond just going out to work and working in the house as well things will improve. A man is fully capable of housework and cooking.

This is a poor argument as it reduces marriage to an economic relationship..reducing a woman to an ungrateful wretch.

A marriage is a partnership. And a good marriage is based on understanding that some decisions can be made by a wife and some by a husband and some by both.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

I agree with you dear sister that good marriage is based on understanding and that Allah is pleased with that.

I only wnated to say that it is not a shame neither opression for Muslim women, that Islaam sais that she should obey her husband, because Allah created perfectly everything and in everything he gave some ruling which is only for our own good.

Muslim women should not feel ashamed to obey her husband, she does that, becuse she loves him,and do also that for Allah sake and that Allah be pleased with her,and that will also bring healthy society. And Allah gave diffrent duties to man and women, and we have diffrent obligations sister.

Allah sais that man should work for his wife and family, and in diffrence than that Allah ordered women other obligations, related for home and raising children. It must be order and measure in everything dear sister,and man can not do women work or opposite, because it would not be as it is natural, how Allah has created and ordered us.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and increase our knowledge. Ameen summa ameen:tti_sister:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalam Alaikum: Sis, I agree with you completely. InshaAllah,you will be blessed with a compatible life partner. May Allah bless you.

Regards.

Wa Allaicumu saalam wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Ameen dear brother for your duas. :shymuslima1:. May Allah reword you for your kindness and bless you always.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I agree that agreement is important. It is a delicate matter. What concerns me is the wrong impression that many may get if they have never been married.

Duty is very different from being disrespected. A man must respect his wife for her to perform her duty to him as she must respect him. She is not his servant. She is not his slave. A wife is an equal. Like for like.

If a husband does not respect his wife it can lead to depression. It can lead to many ills.

Like for like. Decisions in a family are not made by one person. They are mutual.
Women do not have to remain in the home. That is totally cultural and as I have written before it is elitist. This only benefits the rich.
Islam is not for the rich.

I have never seen a marriage break up because of feminism. I have seen many a break up including my two but feminism and love did not have anything to do with it.

Allah has allowed divorce. Wonder why?

Mohamed's wife7

I agree with you dear sister that good marriage is based on understanding and that Allah is pleased with that.

I only wnated to say that it is not a shame neither opression for Muslim women, that Islaam sais that she should obey her husband, because Allah created perfectly everything and in everything he gave some ruling which is only for our own good.

Muslim women should not feel ashamed to obey her husband, she do that, becuse she loves him,and do also that for Allah sake and that Allah be pleased with her,and that will also bring healthy society. And Allah gave diffrent duties to man and women, and we have diffrent obligations sister.

Allah sais that man should work for his wife and family, and in diffrence than that Allah ordered women other obligations, related for home and raising children. It must be order and measure in everything dear sister,and man can not do women work or opposite, because it would not be as it is natural, how Allah has created and ordered us.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong and increase our knowledge. Ameen summa ameen:tti_sister:

:salam2:

The reason why i am on fence with the posting is because not all muslim men are to be obeyed since the things they demand of their wives or expect of their wives are against what is sunnah/displeasing to Allah. Espicailly when there are some Muslim men who abuse the "power" as a muslim man over their wives to feed their personal desires/egos. Muslim women have rights to protect themselves as muslimah. There are other hadiths that give very clear understanding of another hadith. Its very important to have understanding of all suras and hadiths whats really expected/accepted/strive for betterment of muslimahs and muslims. I really dislike how some people "select" certain verses or hadiths to support their own "interpetation" of how certains things should be.

Islam is not extreme, It is peace. Being muslim is a journey of improving yourself thats pleasing to Allah, to gain love from Allah, and to serve Allah.:tti_sister:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

I agree with you both dear sisters, and I belive that Allah has gaved high status to Muslim women, in every part of her life.All thank to Allah on everything.

I said that women should obey her husband,and in return husband should take care of her and respect her, so that they and Allah can be pleased.Alhmdulillah, I feel happy and pleased with duties that Allah has given me.

It is not cultural dear sister that it is better for women to stay in home, but Allah has said that it is better for beliving women for many reasons, because we know how this world is dangerous,and especilay for us-women wallahi. And Allah has ordered us that only for are own god, good of our children,our family, and society in general.

And Allah knows the best

May Allah guide us all and be pleased with us.Ameen suma ameen

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:ùevery husband needs the attentions of his wife,I suppose...I accept my role of wife and mother,and I'm pleased to wait my husband just in front of the door and greet him with a big hug and a kiss.it's the best way to keep the marriage armonious and strong,because,it's true,if a husband comes at home tired and he finds his wife using the phone(as something habitual,not exceptional,like the call of a parent of a friend who doesn't call everyday,there is nothing bad)or internet,and there is nothing cooked at home,it's sad and in a long time it can damage the union.my husband brings me everything I need and I content myself(I'm not vicious)with simple things.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
salam alaikum warahmatu-llah

I think as it is a post and it is actually a part taken from scholarly work.

better not comment directly without getting it.
and we often discuss off the topic!

we should watch out tongues.

it is not directed to anyone, but general reminder, for me also

JazakAllah khair
wassalam