U.S., Israel join forces to starve Palestin

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

U.S., Israel join forces to starve Palestineans

A coalition of European, American and Israeli forces has decided to starve the Palestinian nation.

As a result of the unjustified cut of international aid that followed the official rise of Hamas with the Palestinian legislative elections in January last year, and the economic sanctions Israel imposed on the extremely poor population, the Palestinians were left to suffer the worst ever rates of poverty.

Israeli sanctions included the monthly theft of $50 million in tax revenues collected on behalf of the Palestinian Authority, on which the PA depends for at least 30% of its budget. Withholding such amount of money affected the salaries of approximately 140,000 teachers, nurses and other civil servants, as well as the 60,000-some members of the Palestinian police and security forces.

Sanctions also included enforcing severe security checks on the few Palestinians allowed to enter Israel for work, and baring Israeli companies from doing business in Palestine.

To sum up, Israel adopted measures that severe economic ties, which while benefiting Israel, allowed Palestine's fragile economy to teeter rather than topple.

United international efforts, comprising of Israel, the U.S., and European states sought to isolate Palestine from the world, further destabilize Palestine's already weak government, and to remove it from the international network on which it depends.

Last year, the United Nations issued a report painting a bleak image of the situation in Gaza and the entire occupied Palestinian territories, warning that the Palestinian population is facing a humanitarian catastrophe, due to lack of food and the inability of the UN to deliver food to families.

It also said that about 9% of Palestinian children under age five suffer from malnutrition-induced brain trauma.

It painted a sad picture of the impact of the economic sanctions imposed against the Hamas government of the Palestinian Authority (PA) by the United States and the others, including Britain.

The House of Commons International Development Committee has published a report describing the situation in Palestine.

Among the report’s findings was the fact that the real GDP declined by 9 percent in the first half of 2006 and was predicted to fall by 27 percent by the end of 2006, with personal income falling by 30 percent.

The report also said that at least 70 percent of the Gazan workforce is unemployed or doesn’t get paid, and 51 percent of the Palestinians have become dependants on food assistance (a 14 percent increase on last year)

The report also said that about 160,000 public sector workers have not been paid since March last year, affecting the lives of 25 percent of the population.

According to the report, infant mortality in Palestinian has risen to 25.2 per 1,000 live births, and under-five mortality has reached 29.1 per 1,000 live births. It also warned that Palestinians have become unable to pay hospital fees, and, as a result of closures imposed by Israel, non-payment of salaries which led to repetitive strikes by staff, the supply of medication and equipment couldn’t be delivered to assist Palestinians.

The average number of births in Hebron is believed to be about 600, the report said, but last September, only 100 babies were delivered in public hospitals, while 200 others at private or NGO hospitals, and three hundred others were home deliveries.

The report also said that 25 percent of Gaza’s residents do not have sufficient access to water. As a result of the destruction of Gaza’s power plant by Israeli bombardment in the offensive the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) launched last June, access to water has been further reduced, badly affecting hospitals and resulting in noticeable increase in diarrhoea, particularly among children under three.

But the Palestinians’ sufferings are unlikely to be lifted even after the formation of a new government, which, shortly after being set up, Israel called on the world to boycott it.

The Palestinians hoped that the formation of the new Fatah-Hamas alliance would lead them out of international isolation.

But Washington quickly began to answer Israel’s calls, and is likely to be followed by other European states, who’ll be pressured to follow the suit.

The U.S. announced yesterday cutting funds it used to send to the security forces of the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, arguing it fears the money might reach the hands of Hamas.

The move was described by many analysts and political experts as the beginning of a similar move Israel, joined by the U.S. and Europeans, took last year to isolate the Palestinian government.

Source: Aljazeera

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I do not agree with the way the Israelis handle this situation. One land, two people. Obviously, some kind of reconcilliation has to occur.
As for America helping to "starve the Palestinians" ...come on brother.
Aid monies are just that - aid. The US is not required to give monies to anyone. Remember the story of the Prophet Suleyman and the big fish/whale? There is only so much extra money to be given out.The official position of the US government is that Hamas is a terrorist organization. Yes, I know all the good it does for the Palestinians. And I know that it is the duty of muslims to fight off an infidel invader. It is just the indiscriminate nature of their combat tactics that make them "terrorist group" instead of humanitarians in the eyes of America.
Jimmy Carter, a former president of the US, speaks out publically against the policies of Israel towards Palestine. This man is seen as a wise, honorable man here, respected for his efforts to bring real peace. Even he has spoken about Hamas , saying that they need to change their tactics if they ever want the world stage to take them seriously.
Let us follow the logic. If you percieved a group to be opposed to your way of life, willing to kill "innocents" or die trying; would you give them money to buy the weapons they needed?
I do not mean to be offensive. I am aware that Americans view the world through a filter. I would just like you to be aware of your own filter. America is a nation of individuals, not some monolithic entity out to destroy Islam.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
u talking to me??

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

American muslim.....hmm... soorry forget to write the source...It is not written by me...lol...

But i welcome ur comment...

Nice to meet u...

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
It's okay. Alot of people seem the think that Muslim and American are mutually exclusive terms. I often find myself on the defensive with my brothers for being an american, and with my countrymen for being a muslim. lol. It is a crazy life.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Dont worry...

It's okay. Alot of people seem the think that Muslim and American are mutually exclusive terms. I often find myself on the defensive with my brothers for being an american, and with my countrymen for being a muslim. lol. It is a crazy life.

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah

May god reward u for ur sabr... and inshAllah there is a reward for u...
May god give u n family peace at heart...n victory in duniya n akhira..

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum wa rahmatallah
I am also American and a revert to Islam, however I hold a little bit differing opinion. I do not mind so much that America will not aid Palestine I mind more that they and other european countries do NOT allow aid to reach Palestine/Hamas.

If Hamas is a terrorist organization well then Israel is to thank for that, were there "suicide bombings of inncoent civilians" before 1948? not to mention the 30 years of illegal military occupation deemed by the UN in the gaza and the west bank and the ongoing deceit lies distortion of facts and deception that have kept the palestinians with no rights. Were not Jews and Muslims living there peaceablly? So as you see Hamas is the effect not the cause. If America wants to stop aiding a terorist organization they need to start with themselves and Israel. Two countries notorious for illegal invasion on false pretense.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

With respect to your comments brothers and sisters. Allah taa'la is Al-Razaq, no body will starve unless Allah taal'a say so. If we are living outside Palestine, we must sponsor the orphans. They have no father or mother to look after them, neither they have someone to struggle for them to provide a decent meal, and a decent clothing. What a shame for us, if we eat 5 meals a day, and we can not spare to help and sponsor our orphans. I dont think we can be a good muslim knowing my sister and my brother is starving..

One smile of an orphan better than anything Honestly shame!!!!!...
If you help one orphan, Allah increases your mercy, and believe me you will be more than happy within you to give everything you can because they are not only brothers and sisters in Islam, they family from now on....

Rather than buying gifts for each other (Rolex), why dont we present to each other about a location of an orphan or someone in need, I believe this is the best present. The best present I would give you brothers and sisters is a deed that can lead you to Jannah, and next to our prophet(PBUH)... May Allah taa'la make us those who love the poor, orphans, and brothers and sisters...... (remember every meal you eat, remember we have brother or sister, infants,young,and elders hungry somewhere in this earth)....

Wassalam Alykom......

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Sorry... My reply was almost out of the subject, but this sentence boiled my blood ''A coalition of European, American and Israeli forces has decided to starve the Palestinian nation''.....

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Here we go again. Folks read your history books. Who runs America????
Who supplies Israel with American tax dollars??? Who and what is zionism???
Connect the dots with the rich bankers of Europe???? The bottom line is the same : they are one and the same.
Come on people let's get real. I don't have time anymore. STOP making excuses Muslims children are being starved, killed, raped, murdered and poisioned every second.
A person can not sit on a fence. You are either a Muslim and Muslim first or you can be anything you want to be.
But do not be an apologist for the non-Muslims

island muslim

I do not agree with the way the Israelis handle this situation. One land, two people. Obviously, some kind of reconcilliation has to occur.
As for America helping to "starve the Palestinians" ...come on brother.
Aid monies are just that - aid. The US is not required to give monies to anyone. Remember the story of the Prophet Suleyman and the big fish/whale? There is only so much extra money to be given out.The official position of the US government is that Hamas is a terrorist organization. Yes, I know all the good it does for the Palestinians. And I know that it is the duty of muslims to fight off an infidel invader. It is just the indiscriminate nature of their combat tactics that make them "terrorist group" instead of humanitarians in the eyes of America.
Jimmy Carter, a former president of the US, speaks out publically against the policies of Israel towards Palestine. This man is seen as a wise, honorable man here, respected for his efforts to bring real peace. Even he has spoken about Hamas , saying that they need to change their tactics if they ever want the world stage to take them seriously.
Let us follow the logic. If you percieved a group to be opposed to your way of life, willing to kill "innocents" or die trying; would you give them money to buy the weapons they needed?
I do not mean to be offensive. I am aware that Americans view the world through a filter. I would just like you to be aware of your own filter. America is a nation of individuals, not some monolithic entity out to destroy Islam.

Salaam Alaiykum,

I disagree. We do not care about the american money to palestine. Why does america have to stop other muslims from giving money to palestine??? The president of america has termed the palestinian freedom struggle as "ISLAMOFACISM" ... yes its not a "War on Terror" america is waging... its "WAR on ISLAM" and their is enough evidence to support it.

good day to you.