• May be

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

mansooranwar

:bismillah:
Dear fellow brothers and sisters, :salam2:

As you all know we feel happy and very fortunate
to be born as Muslim, but :subhanallah: today being Muslim
has a much lighter meaning then two generation ago ( In our Gnd parents time).

We consider our self to be good muslim today even if we donot
offer Salah or act properly on our Deen or to know. This is wide
spread practice today in all the commands of Allah, we watch idol worshipping, belly dancing, western movies or at least watch Hours of T.V
surf on net etc. at the cost of acting out the commands
in our houseswith families (excluding a small minority Allhamdolillah)
Our dresses and life style speaks louder for our status.

I just feel that untill we as Ummah come back to our proper path
and make that connection with our Allah and deen which was
the special reason we were praised by Allah and given the
title of being the best of all Ummah, people of other faith
and no faith are going to accuse us of being extremists, imposters etc. etc:astag: .
I had no intention of offending but of sharing this view.:hawla: :hawla:

:wasalam:

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:
Well i don't know if i completely agree with your view. I mean sure, many muslims may decide to wear the title of a Muslim, yet not practice Islam, but now unlike times of before, information is everywhere. Both good and bad info of course but still, it can be found. For instance my grandparents didn't have that many sources of info. they relied on their 'holy man' for stuff. Often he was misguided and told them to wear tabiz and put Quran ayahs on paper it water to bless it :astag: stuff like that u know? It still goes on, but now people with knowledge can spread it without having to be in a specific place. People can get correct info without having to rely on ONE specific person.

So in a way i agree that corruption in many places is getting worse, but there are a lot of good people too. There is always Shaitan, and there's always good and bad, we just alot of the time can't differenciate between them.

west

I am afraid that I cannot totally agree with what has initially been stated. Fundamentalists / Extremists - they claim to be good Muslims and claim to be doing their deeds in the name of Allah. Is this Islam?
Unfortunatley these fundamentalists are only committing their acts / deeds to benefit themselves NOT Islam. They give Islam a bad name. Why else is Islam portrayed the way in which it is in the media

My personal belief is that we as individuals should look within ourselves and ask what we want out of life. As individuals we can change our lives and live better Islamic lives. Through the movement of one pebble, another pebble can be moved and through their movement, another. If we start with ourselves we can affect others BUT we should only do it in a positive peaceful way

Serafeddin

:salam2: brothers and sisters, If everyone based their beliefs on the 5 pillars of islam and considered Allah SWT and turned to Quran for answers, that would be a good start. I feel Muslims are in the state that they are in as individuals and as communities and in a larger sense as countries and regions is because too many of us have abondonded the very basics of Islam and got our information from places that have no business talking about our deen. I agree whole heartedly that it starts from within yourself. Everyone will be judged based on their actions or inactions.

bashir_ahmed

:bismillah:
:salam2: brothers and sisters
I do agree with your view on certain points but at the same time have different view.
since our grand parents were deficit of right information and at the same time sources of information were limited. They believed only what their masters taught them in mosques or others. Also allmighty :ma: is not cruel to mankind, these people will be only questionable about what they know.
Also i would like to add that unless and untill we correct our basics we are not going to flourish. Today every one is blaming Muslim UMmah, some call terrorists, some call extremists while others say fundamentalists and many more, this is all because we have left the actual teachings of our Prophet Mohammed (saw). We start discussion on sunnah but forget farz. this is hampering muslim community. Also we have to change ourself first, after that our family, then our locality will change and after that one town and ultimately the whole UMMah