US missile strike kills five in Pakistan

yusuf_pal

------------------------
------------------------
January 1, 2009

A suspected US missile strike has killed at least five alleged militants in a tribal area in north-west Pakistan known as a Taliban and al-Qaeda stronghold.

The strike on Thursday was the latest targeting extremists in the lawless tribal areas bordering Afghanistan - all said to have been launched by unmanned CIA aircraft - that have raised tensions between Washington and Islamabad.

A local security official said that a CIA drone had fired three missiles in the Karikot area of South Waziristan - the same spot where eight suspected militants were killed in a US drone strike 10 days ago.

One of the missiles struck a vehicle, killing five people inside, another security official said, adding those killed were known Taliban militants.

The other two missiles hit a hilltop house that was a known militant hideout in the area, but it was empty at the time of the strike, the officials said.

One militant was also wounded, they added.

"We rushed out of our homes," said resident Zar Wali, saying locals had been panicked by the powerful explosions.

Pakistan has repeatedly protested to the United States that the strikes violate its territorial sovereignty and deepen resentment among the 160 million people of the nuclear-armed Islamic nation.

President Asif Ali Zardari has promised zero tolerance for such violations, but some officials say there is a tacit understanding between the US and Pakistani militaries to allow such action.

The suspected US strikes have also continued despite a warning by Taliban militants based in tribal territory last month that any more would lead to reprisal attacks across Pakistan.

A US missile attack in November last year killed Rashid Rauf, the alleged al-Qaeda mastermind of a 2006 transatlantic plane bombing plot, as well as an Egyptian al-Qaeda operative, security officials have said.

More than two dozen similar strikes have been carried out since August 2007, killing more than 200 people, most of them militants.

Islamabad has come under increased pressure to quash extremist activity within its borders, with Washington and Kabul saying it has not done enough to stop militants crossing the border to attack US and NATO troops in Afghanistan.

Pakistan rejects those accusations, pointing to its operation against militants in the semi-autonomous Bajaur region bordering Afghanistan. The military says more than 1,500 rebels have been killed there since August.

But operations in Bajaur and the nearby Swat valley, where Taliban-linked militants are waging a violent campaign to institute harsh Islamic law, have been scaled back in recent months.

Last week, senior Pakistani security and defence officials said some troops had been shifted from the tribal areas to the eastern border with India, amid simmering tensions with New Delhi in the wake of the Mumbai attacks.

India has blamed those attacks on the Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Toiba, which is fighting New Delhi's rule in divided Kashmir.

Any major shift of Pakistani troops out of the tribal areas would likely spark concern in Washington and other Western capitals, as it could open the door to more attacks on foreign forces in Afghanistan.

Mafaza_Muslimah

According to BBC its NEW YEAR GIFT to Pakistan from America (u know what America is our BEST FRIEND)........so for sure 'new year gift'....:shake:

thts 100% true
President Asif Ali Zardari has promised zero tolerance for such violations, but some officials say there is a tacit understanding between the US and Pakistani militaries to allow such action.

AlQurtubi

Banned
Beleive me, there is no use of writting such posts. I used to get worried and annoyed initially but now im normal ( a.k.a shameless)

muhammad.abdullah

Like people like rulers

:salam2:

I am not sure what to say, I was born and brought up in that country, spent 24 years of my life there before I left that place forever. You know, its no use posting such stories as how many killed in pakistan. I am gonna be rebuked and reproached by all Pakistanis here but that will not stop me from what I have to say i.e. ask the Pakistani muslims to look at themselves (includes me)

People in the rest of the world think that Pakistan is the center of jihad, land of people where majority is Allah fearing, land of maddrassahs(islamic schools). Well let me tell you the truth as i have seen it with my own eyes, i repeat my own eyes.
Kids less than 10 year old, arms cut and a bag hanged in their necks, why because someone wants them to beg on busy roads and oh if you dont believe me, dare to visit and see for yourself, begging is a profession there.

People who dont want to give up basant (the spring festival) which kills hundereds (mostly unreported) every year by slitting throats because of kite threads (you who love basant, you killers, are you different from Israelis who are killing in Gaza?)
Shopkeepers lying to sell their stuff and are so artful that they make it sound more real than the truth itself and shoppers trying to steal anything while the owner is looking away.
People playing haram music, loud all night and all day for days before and during weddings for 24/7 regardless of the fact that there are students, ill elders and little kids living in the neighbourhood.
Want to see more haram, go to a typical pakistani wedding, see the bride all dressed up in tight and lovely clothes with tons of jewellery, sitting on a stage with the proud groom(astaghfirullah) who loves to show off the beauty of his doll like bride, want more!!!!! follow the same bride to her husbands home and see all kinds of things happening that idol worshippers do and would be counted as sareeh shirk.
The newspapers, first page containing ayah of the day and on the back of the same page, an elaborate horoscope,,,(i dont need to explain how a horoscope is just shirk and nothing else)

How munaafiq can we be, no seriously, on a scale of 1 to 10 how munaafiq can a person be ?

Well, this is just a second long glimpse of everyday life there and is nothing compared to what one will see there. Goto McDonalds or KFC or the like and see people filling their big belllies like overflowing pots with food but you will see little children as unbloomed flowers selling matches, just trying to earn a dry piece of bread at the end of the day and all we want to do is donate to Gaza for people their are hungry (I am not against sending aid to Gaza, May allah protect our brothers from the zionist butchers but just saying that its happening everyday, everywhere!)

How can we as muslims first do all this and expect Allah to shower his blessings upon us, how can we ignore the hungry child when we have overstuffed our fat bellies, how can we purposefully amputate a child for life to make him beg for us, how can we slit the throats of hundereds just in the name of the spring festival, how can we do shirk and ask for Allah's blessing in a wedding? HOW CAN WE BE SO DISOBEDIENT AND BE SO SHAMELESS!!!! Why are we so surprised that Allahs help is not coming, why are we so perplexed that USA kills 5-10 everyday by missiles and the Government or Pakistan or any other SO CALLED MUSLIM government doesnt even raise an eyebrow?

My brothers and sisters in Islam and specially the ones who are from Pakistan, rebuke me all you want, reproach me all you want, hit me if you like, get me banned from this forum if you see its right, but i will not budge as i am personally a witness to aforementioned 'zulm'. I know there are good and bad people everywhere but there should be a proportion of bad ones, not the majority. We MUST CHANGE ourselves or this zulm will just increase....just increase...

wasalm,
your very hurt and very wounded brother...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We need not judge. We need to reclaim our brothers and sisters. We need to remain in the positive light. And we need to refrain from making stereotypes. Brother, ask for forgiveness. We never know what is in the heart of a person.

ousama34

5 X SALAH = JANAT
well brother i am really disappointed to read your thoughts on my homeland pakistan, its not like wht you hav said is not true but just think in 24 years of your life in pakistan wht good that you has to offer to tht country i myself born in pakistan lived there for 17 yrs of my life and now i moved out but ALLAH knows how much i miss my country even though my life is more luxurious thn it was there but still the voice of AZZAN the beautiful work of tableegh and the freinds tht my country has offerd me no other place can offer, standind on dry earth one would think tht there is more dry land in this world than water but its the other way around similarly you hav seen ppl commiting haram nd stuff but there are millions of mutaqi and religious ppl are to be found there ,
well i m not tryin to change any1 view on pakistan its jus i love my country more thn anyotha pace (except MAKKAH nd MADINA) and your criticism if has been done for the sake of improvment in pakistan thn its ok but jus to take your frustration out is just of no use your are not doing good to any1 by passin those comments wasalam

AlQurtubi

Banned
brother abdullah, its true what you have written but it doesnt mean every one is like that. I 100% agree with you that this is all happening here but there are many pious ones who are acting on islam. Just find them out

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Allah help the Muslims wherever they be. I agree with brother Muhammad.Abdullah too, although it is the tip of the iceberg. There are similar problems in other places too, although some places outweigh others in supersticions and incorrect beliefs.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum brother
Pakistan is a muslim country founded on muslim grounds but like many other muslim countries the ppl are busy being westerners ... But Im seirous althought there are many ppl that call themselves muslim and dont follow there are many that hear the call of the athan and walk towards the mosque ... ramadan feel blessed ... Eid feel special ... Every country has its own problem
I live in Canada, think about it ... we have to deal with so many things, Non-halal food everywhere we cant even eat out properly without worrying, people drinking alcohol around us all the time ... we can never properly fit into this canada or non-muslim countries, eating pork is part of their daily routine
Well atleast in Pak you can practice Islam openly without being questioned or given weird looks
And bro who said bad things, instead of complaining you should have seen that as a oppurtunity to do dawaa to ppl

muhammad.abdullah

aslam o alikum brother
Pakistan is a muslim country founded on muslim grounds but like many other muslim countries the ppl are busy being westerners ... But Im seirous althought there are many ppl that call themselves muslim and dont follow there are many that hear the call of the athan and walk towards the mosque ... ramadan feel blessed ... Eid feel special ... Every country has its own problem
I live in Canada, think about it ... we have to deal with so many things, Non-halal food everywhere we cant even eat out properly without worrying, people drinking alcohol around us all the time ... we can never properly fit into this canada or non-muslim countries, eating pork is part of their daily routine
Well atleast in Pak you can practice Islam openly without being questioned or given weird looks
And bro who said bad things, instead of complaining you should have seen that as a oppurtunity to do dawaa to ppl

My dear brother, believe me its just not a figure of speech but you are dear to me as a muslim brother. Believe me, people have been sent to guantanamo bay just because of praying 5 times in the mosque, saying the truth. My beard made me look taliban so my mother and father were worried like they were not going to see me again whenever i left home for a short while. But i will say no more, my heart bleeds for not Pakistan but islam, Islam is my life, my religion, my nation, my city, my home. There is no nationalism in islam. I have merely used this post to vent my feelings about what muslims are doing but i will not do anymore for i feel I am alone...May Allah keep you all happy and protect muslims anywhere in the world.

wasalam

OsMaN_93

Here to help

I also agree with bro muhammad.abdullah. I will not be surprised when we hear that pakistan is the next target,or are being killed etc... i mean look at the shirk their, look at iraq, palstine... Allah is angry with this ummah, and Allah knows best.

We need to practice islam, and stop adding and taking away from it (i.e. biddah), we need to be proud muslims, and unite. May Allah forgive us for all these sins. If we do need his help and protection, then we need to please him, the all mighty.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

I also agree with bro muhammad.abdullah. I will not be surprised when we hear that pakistan is the next target,or are being killed etc... i mean look at the shirk their, look at iraq, palstine... Allah is angry with this ummah, and Allah knows best.

We need to practice islam, and stop adding and taking away from it (i.e. biddah), we need to be proud muslims, and unite. May Allah forgive us for all these sins. If we do need his help and protection, then we need to please him, the all mighty.

brother i would say Allah (swt) is angry with all of us ... we all have gone astry from the right path, i dont want to say anything about countries to seriously i dont think any muslim country is following islam the way it should ... I hear in Turkey muslim womens are not even allowed to wear hijab and thats a muslim country :(