Using ( Bye) ....

Kurdin

salam u alaikum dear brothers and sis..

we know that muslims must use islamic expresiion in greeting...and seeing off..but it becomes familiar among firends that they use hi and bye...

I have heared that (Bye) means be in the care of (papa) i mean (pastor ) ...so if it is true ,we must be a ware of using this word....however i dont have anything to proove it.i have just heard about that.

So about you what do think ...????

Searching_soul

:salam2:

Really? Wow, i neva knew that.... but i need proof bro...
if there's solid evidence, then i'll stop using "bye " from now on..... iNsha Allah
:wasalam:

AbuHarris

Brother
salam u alaikum dear brothers and sis..
[...]
I have heared that (Bye) means be in the care of (papa) i mean (pastor ) ...so if it is true ,we must be a ware of using this word....however i dont have anything to proove it.i have just heard about that.

So about you what do think ...????
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله
This is not the case; ‘bye’ is an abbreviated form of the expression ‘good-bye’ which is itself a contraction of the phrase ‘God be with you’. The substitution of ‘good-’ for ‘God’ may have been due to association with such formulas of leave-taking as ‘good day’, ‘good night’, etc. See The Oxford English Dictionary Second Edition, (published in 1989 in 20 volumes) under the entries ‘bye-bye’ and ‘good-bye’. Under the etymology for the the entry ‘good-bye’ there are examples of usage and how the expression has evolved from earliest recorded English literature.
There are, of course, Arabic expressions which correspond to ‘God be with you’ and which are quite commonly used all over the Muslim world.
والسلام

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Jazak Allah Khair. I'm glad it doesnt mean that for I use that term with no muslims.

:):):):)
Salam Amirah80

Kurdin

salam u alaikum...
thank u all ...
it will be great if it doesnt mean that,bec i am always aware of using it,
u know u always face some situation to use bye among ur friends..

i am trying to find where i have recieved this message.
:jazaak: