Very intresting!!

mohammed 1234

Darkness to Light
:salam2:

Just reading this ayat and thought I'd post it

ALLAH SAYS IN HIS MAGNIFICENT BOOK!!!!!

Surah Al Mujadilah

لَا تَجِدُ قَوْمًا يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ يُوَادُّونَ

22. You (O Muhammad SAW) will not find any people who believe in Allâh and the Last Day, making friendship with those

مَنْ حَادَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَوْ كَانُوا آبَاءهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَاءهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوَانَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ

who oppose Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), even though they were their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred (people).

أُوْلَئِكَ كَتَبَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمُ الْإِيمَانَ وَأَيَّدَهُم بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ

For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Rûh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself.

وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا

And We will admit them to Gardens (Paradise) under which rivers flow, to dwell therein (forever).

رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ أُوْلَئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ

Allâh is pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allâh.

أَلَا إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ ﴿٢٢﴾

Verily, it is the Party of Allâh that will be the successful.

salahdin

The Believers do not befriend the Disbelievers

Allah the Exalted said,

[لاَّ تَجِدُ قَوْماً يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ يُوَآدُّونَ مَنْ حَآدَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَلَوْ كَانُواْ ءَابَآءَهُمْ أَوْ أَبْنَآءَهُمْ أَوْ إِخْوَنَهُمْ أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ]

(You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred.) Meaning, do not befriend the deniers, even if they are among the closest relatives. Allah said,

[لاَّ يَتَّخِذِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الْكَـفِرِينَ أَوْلِيَآءَ مِن دُونِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَمَن يَفْعَلْ ذَلِكَ فَلَيْسَ مِنَ اللَّهِ فِي شَىْءٍ إِلاَ أَن تَتَّقُواْ مِنْهُمْ تُقَـةً وَيُحَذِّرْكُمُ اللَّهُ نَفْسَهُ]

(Let not the believers take the disbelievers as friends instead of the believers, and whoever does that will never be helped by Allah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allah warns you against Himself.) (3:28), and,

[قُلْ إِن كَانَ ءَابَاؤُكُمْ وَأَبْنَآؤُكُمْ وَإِخْوَنُكُمْ وَأَزْوَجُكُمْ وَعَشِيرَتُكُمْ وَأَمْوَلٌ اقْتَرَفْتُمُوهَا وَتِجَـرَةٌ تَخْشَوْنَ كَسَادَهَا وَمَسَـكِنُ تَرْضَوْنَهَآ أَحَبَّ إِلَيْكُمْ مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ وَجِهَادٍ فِي سَبِيلِهِ فَتَرَبَّصُواْ حَتَّى يَأْتِىَ اللَّهُ بِأَمْرِهِ وَاللَّهُ لاَ يَهْدِى الْقَوْمَ الْفَـسِقِينَ ]

(Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His cause, then wait until Allah brings about His decision (torment). And Allah guides not the people who are the rebellious.)(9:24) Sa`id bin `Abdul-`Aziz and others said that this Ayah,

[لاَّ تَجِدُ قَوْماً يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ]

(You will not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day...) was revealed in the case of Abu `Ubaydah `Amir bin `Abdullah bin Al-Jarrah when he killed his disbelieving father, during the battle of Badr. This is why when `Umar bin Al-Khattab placed the matter of Khilafah in the consultation of six men after him, he said; "If Abu `Ubaydah were alive, I would have appointed him the Khalifah.'' It was also said that the Ayah,

[وَلَوْ كَانُواْ ءَابَآءَهُمْ]

(even though they were their fathers), was revealed in the case of Abu `Ubaydah, when he killed his father during the battle of Badr, while the Ayah,

[أَوْ أَبْنَآءَهُمْ]

(or their sons) was revealed in the case of Abu Bakr As-Siddiq when he intended to kill his (disbelieving) son, `Abdur-Rahman, (during Badr), while the Ayah,

[أَوْ إِخْوَنَهُمْ]

(or their brothers) was revealed about the case of Mus`ab bin `Umayr, who killed his brother, `Ubayd bin `Umayr, during Badr, and that the Ayah,

[أَوْ عَشِيرَتَهُمْ]

(or their kindred) was revealed about the case of `Umar, who killed one of his relatives during Badr, and also that this Ayah was revealed in the case of Hamzah, `Ali and Ubaydah bin Al-Harith. They killed their close relatives `Utbah, Shaybah and Al-Walid bin `Utbah that day. Allah knows best. A similar matter is when Allah's Messenger consulted with his Companions about what should be done with the captives of Badr. Abu Bakr As-Siddiq thought that they should accept ransom for them so the Muslims could use the money to strengthen themselves. He mentioned the fact that the captured were the cousins and the kindred, and that they might embrace Islam later on, by Allah's help. `Umar said, "But I have a different opinion, O Allah's Messenger! Let me kill so-and-so, my relative, and let `Ali kill `Aqil (`Ali's brother), and so-and-so kill so-and-so. Let us make it known to Allah that we have no mercy in our hearts for the idolators.'' Allah said,

[أُوْلَـئِكَ كَتَبَ فِى قُلُوبِهِمُ الإِيمَـنَ وَأَيَّدَهُمْ بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ]

(For such He has written faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself.) means, those who have the quality of not befriending those who oppose Allah and His Messenger , even if they are their fathers or brothers, are those whom Allah has decreed faith, meaning, happiness, in their hearts and made faith dear to their hearts and happiness reside therein. As-Suddi said that the Ayah,

[كَتَبَ فِى قُلُوبِهِمُ الإِيمَـنَ]

(He has written faith in their hearts,) means, "He has placed faith in their hearts.'' Ibn `Abbas said that,

[وَأَيَّدَهُمْ بِرُوحٍ مِّنْهُ]

(and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself.) means, "He gave them strengths.'' Allah's statement,

[وَيُدْخِلُهُمْ جَنَّـتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا الاٌّنْهَـرُ خَـلِدِينَ فِيهَا رَضِىَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُواْ عَنْهُ]

(And He will admit them to Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein. Allah is well pleased with them, and they are well pleased with Him.) was explained several times before. Allah's statement,

[رِّضِىَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُواْ عَنْهُ]

(Allah is well pleased with them, and they are well pleased with Him.) contains a beautiful secret. When the believers became enraged against their relatives and kindred in Allah's cause, He compensated them by being pleased with them and making them pleased with Him from what He has granted them of eternal delight, ultimate victory and encompassing favor. Allah's statement,

[أُوْلَـئِكَ حِزْبُ اللَّهِ أَلاَ إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ]

(They are the party of Allah. Verily, the party of Allah will be the successful.) indicates that they are the party of Allah, meaning, His servants who are worthy of earning His honor. Allah's statement,

[أَلاَ إِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ]

(Verily, the party of Allah will be the successful.) asserts their success, happiness and triumph in this life and the Hereafter, in contrast to those, who are the party of the devil,

[أَلاَ إِنَّ حِزْبَ الشَّيْطَـنِ هُمُ الخَـسِرُونَ]

(Verily, the party of Shaytan will be the losers!) This is the end of the Tafsir of Surat Al-Mujadilah. All praise and thanks are due to Allah.

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Thank you,Brother and Sister, for posting this Ayah. I had read this before, but I was beginning to think that I had misread it since I hear Muslims say ,"I would like you to meet my very good friend, Jane." But, "Jane" isn't a Muslimah. It is almost like they are saying: "I am not one of them who you fear and/or hate. I am different than you think my people are. I am a good Muslim." America has a beautiful face, but it has many blemishes beneath the makeup of media. One cancerous blemish was slavery. Black Americans (I don't know if that is politically correct, but I also don't know that Black Americans from the Caribbean Islands would think of themselves as African-Americans) such as Malcolm X became militant in their opposition to allowing White Americans to decide if they were "good" or not. Even today among older White Americans you some times here backhanded praise such as phrase like "He is a friend of mine; he's a good Colored Person." This of course implies that either many or most aren't good. It seems like many of the Muslims that I meet are so aware of the propaganda against us that they are becoming defensive and trying to prove that "they are the good Muslims."

I am so appreciative to be a Muslim. I take no pride in myself but I appreciate belonging to the people who submit to Allah. I have many faults. But, I am trying. I don't however believe that I have anything to prove to The Atheist, Agnostic, Polytheist, Jew, Christian, of Sikh. I AM A MUSLIM. Insha Allah, my wife will take Shahada as I know that she loves Allah and desires to please Him. I was born an American by The Will of Allah. I was raised in a Christian Home by The Will of Allah. I investigated Christianity as thoroughly as I could by The Will of Allah. And, I left Christianity by The Will of Allah. I don't need the approval of anyone other than Allah. I am Allah's servant. I can't choose my parents, my siblings, my culture, or my national origin. I can choose my friends. Thanks again for confirming that this is a part of our Deen.

I am not saying that there are not righteous among the Jews and the Christians. Al Qur'an says that there is:

Al-E-Imran
Unto Allah belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth; and unto Allah all things are returned. (109) Ye are the best community that hath been raised up for mankind. Ye enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and ye believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers. (110) They will not harm you save a trifling hurt, and if they fight against you they will turn and flee. And afterward they will not be helped. (111) Ignominy shall be their portion wheresoever they are found save (where they grasp) a rope from Allah and a rope from men. They have incurred anger from their Lord, and wretchedness is laid upon them. That is because they used to disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slew the prophets wrongfully. That is because they were rebellious and used to transgress. (112) They are not all alike. Of the People of the Scripture there is a staunch community who recite the revelations of Allah in the night season, falling prostrate (before Him). (113) They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency, and vie one with another in good works. These are of the righteous. (114) And whatever good they do, they will not be denied the meed thereof. Allah is Aware of those who ward off (evil). (115) Lo! the riches and the progeny of those who disbelieve will not avail them aught against Allah; and such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein. (116)

I just don't understand the ecumenical movement. If you are among the best community of the world, shouldn't your friends also be?

salahdin

Virtues of the People of the Scriptures Who Embrace Islam

Muhammad bin Ishaq and others, including Al-`Awfi who reported it from Ibn `Abbas, said; "These Ayat were revealed about the clergy of the People of the Scriptures who embraced the faith. For instance, there is `Abdullah bin Salam, Asad bin `Ubayd, Tha`labah bin Sa`yah, Usayd bin Sa`yah, and so forth. This Ayah means that those among the People of the Book whom Allah rebuked earlier are not at all the same as those among them who embraced Islam. Hence Allah's statement,

[لَيْسُواْ سَوَآءً]

(Not all of them are alike) [3:113].''

Therefore, these two types of people are not equal, and indeed, there are believers and also criminals among the People of the Book, just as Allah said,

[مِّنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَـبِ أُمَّةٌ قَآئِمَةٌ]

(a party of the People of the Scripture stand for the right) for they implement the Book of Allah, adhere to His Law and follow His Prophet Muhammad . Therefore, this type is on the straight path,

[يَتْلُونَ ءَايَـتِ اللَّهِ ءَانَآءَ الَّيْلِ وَهُمْ يَسْجُدُونَ]

(they recite the verses of Allah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer.)

They often stand in prayer at night for Tahajjud, and recite the Qur'an in their prayer,

[يُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الاٌّخِرِ وَيَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَيَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْكَرِ وَيُسَـرِعُونَ فِى الْخَيْرَتِ وَأُوْلَـئِكَ مِنَ الصَّـلِحِينَ ]

(They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma`ruf and forbid Al-Munkar; and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous) [3: 114].

This is the same type of people mentioned at the end of the Surah;

[وَإِنَّ مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَـبِ لَمَن يُؤْمِنُ بِاللَّهِ وَمَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكُمْ وَمَآ أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِمْ خَـشِعِينَ للَّهِ]

(And there are, certainly, among the People of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), those who believe in Allah and in that which has been revealed to you, and in that which has been revealed to them, humbling themselves before Allah.) [3:199].

Allah said here,

[وَمَا يَفْعَلُواْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَلَنْ يُكْفَروهُ]

(And whatever good they do, nothing will be rejected of them;) [3:115] meaning, their good deeds will not be lost with Allah. Rather, He will award them the best rewards,

[وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ بِالْمُتَّقِينَ]

(for Allah knows well the Muttaqin (the pious).) for no deed performed by any person ever escapes His knowledge, nor is any reward for those who do good deeds ever lost with Him. Allah mentions the disbelieving polytheists:

[لَن تُغْنِىَ عَنْهُمْ أَمْوَلُهُمْ وَلاَ أَوْلـدُهُم مِّنَ اللَّهِ شَيْئًا]

(neither their properties nor their offspring will avail them against Allah) [3:116]. meaning, nothing can avert Allah's torment and punishment from striking them,

[وَأُوْلـئِكَ أَصْحَـبُ النَّارِ هُمْ فِيهَا خَـلِدُونَ]

(They are the dwellers of the Fire, therein they will abide.)

(112) They are not all alike.

This AYAH is applies to those people of the book Who have Embrace Islam. standing all night long praying and reciting the Quran and adhere to His Law of ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH and follow His Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessing be upon him) . This is to say that they are muslims. Those who havent embrace al _ISLAM and follow not Prophet Muhammad (may peace and blessing be upon him) they are not included in this ayah . even if they perform good deeds .The main important thing is to believe in ALLAH and his prophet (may peace and blessing be upon him) if they dont do that then their efforts are invain.

سُوۡرَةُ التِّین

أَلَيۡسَ ٱللَّهُ بِأَحۡكَمِ ٱلۡحَـٰكِمِينَ (٨)

At-Tin

Is not Allah the most conclusive of all judges? (8) 95:8

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

Sister Salahdin,

Thank you for clarifying that important distinction which I missed. It is the most important.