Ways To Gain The Top Ranks of Jannah

Khalidbinwaleed

It should be the ultimate dream, ambition and the aim of every Muslim to strive and do everything possible in this life in order to please Allah so that we may gain the top ranks of Jannah.

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA):

The Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said:

“Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle offers prayers perfectly and fasts (the month of) Ramadan then it is incumbent upon Allah to admit him into Paradise, whether he emigrates for Allah’s cause or stays in the land where he was born.” They (the companions of the Prophet) said, “O Allah’s Apostle! Should we not inform the people of that?” He said, “There are one-hundred degrees in Paradise which Allah has prepared for those who carry on Jihad in His Cause. The distance between every two degrees is like the distance between the sky and the Earth, so if you ask Allah for anything, ask Him for the firdaus, for it is the last part of Paradise and the highest part of Paradise, and at its top there is the Throne of Beneficent, and from it gush forth the rivers of Paradise.”

Bukhari (Book #93, Hadith #519)

Therefore we should ask for Jannatul Firdaus in every dua and obey the commands of Allah so that we may please him and so we may be granted with eternal bliss. Allah the exalted says:

Allah hath promised to believer’s men and women gardens under which rivers flow to dwell therein and beautiful mansions in gardens of everlasting bliss. But the greatest bliss in the Good Pleasure of Allah: that is the supreme felicity. Surah: 9. at-Tawbah

So how can we gain eternal bliss? How can we make the best of every second we have to ensure that we gain the top ranks of Jannah?

Khalidbinwaleed

1. Fulfil our Obligatory duties unto Allah

There is NO doubt that we must fulfil our obligations unto Allah before anything else. We cannot expect to get closer to Allah and gain high ranks of Jannah without fulfilling our obligatory duties unto him.

It is stated according to Hadith Qudsi:

“Whoever draws near to Me among those drawn near by fulfilling what I have made obligatory on them….

You do not draw near to Allah except by fulfilling the obligatory duties which Allah has made obligatory on you; (that is) the obligatory duties from the obligatory duties (Faraid) such as Prayers, and Zakat (obligatory charity), and Hajj, and Fasting and being good to Parents and all these obligatory duties on you draw you near to Allah, the Glorified and the Exalted.

So the first thing we must do is to fulfil ALL our obligatory duties to Allah and abstain from that which Allah and his messenger have forbidden us from.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I try to image the levels of the Paradise,and I'm not sure that I'll be allowed to enter,I just hope to see it from outside,then to approach it and then to knock at its door asking if there is place for me;)

Khalidbinwaleed

2. Doing everything to please Allah

We must to do EVERYTHING in our daily life which pleases Allah and stay away from anything which angers or displeases him.

Abu Hurayrah (RA) reported regarding the saying of Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: "If I forbid you to do something, then keep away from it. And if I order you to do something, then do of it as much as you can." (Al-Bukhaari)

Khalidbinwaleed

3. Striving to get closer to Allah

Abu Hurairah Radiyallahu anhu reports that the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) in a Hadith Qudsi narrated that Allah says:

I treat My slaves according to his expectations from Me.
I am with him when he remembers Me;
and if he remembers Me in his heart,
I remember him in My heart;
and if he remembers Me in a gathering,
I remember him in a better and nobler gathering (of angels).
If he comes closer to Me by one span,
I go closer to him an arm's length;
if he comes towards Me an arm's length,
I go towards him two-arm's length;
and if he comes to Me walking,
I run to him. (Bukhari)

So when a person strives to get closer to Allah through good deeds, then Allah turns towards His slave with much more attention, mercy and help.

Khalidbinwaleed

4. Maintaining Imaan (faith)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said:Faith wears out in the heart of any one of you just as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.” (Reported by al-Haakim, al-Tabaraani)

If we want to gain high ranks of Jannah we need to keep our Imaan topped up. This is because Imaan fluctuates and needs to be maintained otherwise it may fall dangerously low resulting in us losing our way and opening a path for shaythan to misguide us.

Our Imaan can only be constantly high if we maintain it by doing good actions and everything which pleases Allah. Without making effort our Imaan will fall low and we will be vulnerable to attack.

Khalidbinwaleed

5. Being thankful to Allah

We should always ask of Allah to make us of the appreciative and thankful. We should constantly think of the favours that Allah has done for us and know that even if we spent our whole lives worshipping Allah then we would NEVER be able to repay him for even one blessing he has given us. Therefore we should be thankful to him and never be ungrateful:

"Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, And be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me." [Qur'an 2:152]

Khalidbinwaleed

6. Being constant in Repentance

Allah loves repentance and loves those who turn to him in repentance:

Truly Allah loves those who turn [to Him] in repentance, and He loves those who keep themselves in purity. (Qur'an 2:222)

Khalidbinwaleed

7. Best Manners, Character & Conduct

We should strive to be of those with the best of characters and manners as that is what will elevate us in the hereafter:

Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alahi wasallam) used to say:

The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character. (Related by al-Bukhari)

Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said: There is none heavier in the scales of the Hereafter than good character, (Hadith narrated by al-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The best loved by me and the nearest to me on the seats on the Day of Resurrection are those who have the best manners and conduct amongst you, who are intimate, are on good terms with others and are humble, and the most hated by me and who will be on the furthest seats from me are those who are talkative and arrogant." (Tirmidhi)

So let us strive to perfect our manners, character and conduct and know that these good deeds will be of the heaviest on the scales and will enable us to reach the highest ranks of Jannah

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
and in sh Allah,I'll be here to read them.it could be more helpful if they were in italian,becuae I could understand them better,but it's enough at the moment.

Khalidbinwaleed

8. Reading & implement Qur'an into daily life

Ibn Kathir says regarding tafsir of [Soorah al-A'raf (7): 179]:The similitude of the one, who memorizes the Qur'an but does not act in accordance to it, is like a donkey, which carries a load of books, but does not understand!

Therefore we must not be of those who read the Qur'an but do not aim to understand it. We should read and study the deeper meanings of the Qur'an and act upon everything we read as this is what the Sahaaba did. Some of the Sahaaba took a very long time finishing the Qur'an because they wanted to implement everything they read before moving on to the rest of the Qur'an.

Khalidbinwaleed

9. Knowing Allah by his attributes

Ibn al-Qayyim (RA) said: "There does not exist a need of the souls that is greater than their need for the knowledge of their Maker and Originator, and for possessing love of Him, mentioning Him, being delighted at Him, and for seeking a means and position with Him. However, there is no route to this except by way of knowledge of His characteristics and names. Thus, the more knowledgeable the servant is of these names and attributes, the more knowledgeable he will be of Allah, the more will be his pursuit of His Pleasure, and the nearer he will be to Him. Likewise, the more averse he is to the names and attributes, the greater ignorance he will have of Allah, the more will be his dislike for Him and the further away he will be from Him. Allah affords the servant a status with Him that is in accordance with the status that the servant gives to Allah with himself..."['al-Kafiyah ash-Shafiyah' p. 3-4]

Therefore we should try to know Allah by his names and his attributes. We should contemplate and ponder over his majesty and greatness. By knowing Allah by his names and attributes we will feel ever closer to him and do everything to please him.