Wedding after death of close relative?

alisher

Assalamaleikum!

My grandmother passed away 2 weeks ago. Next week I was going to get married. Now I am confused. We discussed this matter with close relatives (grandmother's sisters & brothers) and they gave us permission to have a wedding after 40 days. However some people say that we should wait for at least a year. There are several factors that make it hard to wait for a year (i.e. we made a prepayment for the restaurant, singes, etc.) and there are other factors (there are other elderly people, so waiting for another year - they might not be able to do). What is the proper way according to Islam (i.e. how is it in Koran)?

THanks

Ali

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I don't know the answer.....
But I wanted to say CONGRATS on your wedding! and may Allaah bless you and your future wife. ameen

I also ask Allaah to have mercy on your grandma and to grant to her al-firdous! ameen

Mubina_91

Assalamu'3alaikum sister.
May Allah bless the couple in Dunya and Akhirah. About ur Grandmother im Sorry. 'From Allah we came and to Allah we shall Return'.
I have never heard to Delay Marriage coz of someones Death, rather we should move on and accept that which has happened. To wait 40 days then marry, never have i come across anything from Qur'an or Sunnah. From what i think, i think it will be of no Benefit to delay the Marriage, In the Name of Allah, just go ahead with the Marriage. Astaghfirullah, for Allah knows best and is best of Provider. May Allah guide us to the Straight path.
AMEEN.

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Assalamu alikum bro
The mourning is only 3 days not 40 days nor a year , this is all bidah (innovation) and it is not part of Islam. Hadith about Bidah by Nabi (saws) -

Whosoever introduces into this affair of ours (i.e. into Islam) something that does not belong to it, it is to be rejected."

the mourning is only allowed till 3 days, after that no mourning. And it is not fardh to mourn for 3 days.
so Go and get Married congratulation

one more thing morning for a year or hundreds years IT doesn't matter

thr is only 3 days morning period...what you wore doesn't matter ..what you did for her will...like if you made dua for you gramma

Remmeber when you lose someone The sadness remain in the heart and You do NOT Have to show it in the way you dress or your life style
only 3 morning day .