What about the music???

Akram Fakir

Hellow brothers for your kind information i am saying that i was involved in Music two years ago.
I am a guitarist of a Band Team of Bangladesh "Athoba".For a few days i am thinking about Islam
and Allah more and more.But i am in a confusion that someone says music is forbidden and some
says not.But what will be the right dirrection for this.

Request for comments.

-Marwan-

:salam2: Brother

Music is NOT allowed in islam because it takes us away from the path of Allah and from reading/listening to the Qur'an.

Evidence of prohibition in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

Singing is worse and more harmful than stories of kings, because it leads to zinaa and makes hypocrisy grow (in the heart); it is the trap of the Shaytaan, and it clouds the mind. The way in which it blocks people from the Qur’aan is worse than the way in which other kinds of false talk block them, because people are naturally inclined towards it and tend to want to listen to it. The aayaat condemn replacing the Qur’aan with idle talk in order to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah without knowledge and taking it as a joke, because when an aayah of the Qur’aan is recited to such a person, he turns his back as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in his ear. If he hears anything of it, he makes fun of it. All of this happens only in the case of the people who are most stubbornly kaafirs and if some of it happens to singers and those who listen to them, they both have a share of this blame. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/258-259).

Hope this answers your question brother

:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Hellow brothers for your kind information i am saying that i was involved in Music two years ago.
I am a guitarist of a Band Team of Bangladesh "Athoba".For a few days i am thinking about Islam
and Allah more and more.But i am in a confusion that someone says music is forbidden and some
says not.But what will be the right dirrection for this.

Request for comments.

ASsalamualaykum

There are tons of threads here on music being haraam so please search and read. There is also a member by name saifkhan here he is also former band member from Bangladesh but Alhumdulilah Allah guided him and he left it.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Link removed in the hope that you are actually looking to find out about proper Islaam and not some new age deviated religion found in that link.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa baraakaatuh,

I checked that link as it still is present in Akh Abu Talib's post. This guy or someone his type was spreading the same link of Multaqa a couple of days ago. He used the same Tactics of spreading it under the name of Islam.

A brother there said this panee guy was claiming to be the mahdi or something if I remember correctly.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
ASsalamualaykum

There are tons of threads here on music being haraam so please search and read. There is also a member by name saifkhan here he is also former band member from Bangladesh but Alhumdulilah Allah guided him and he left it.

assalaamu alaykkum akhi,

I guess you need to edit your post and kinda unquote him cos we can still go to the link through your post.

Akram Fakir

:salam2: Brother

Music is NOT allowed in islam because it takes us away from the path of Allah and from reading/listening to the Qur'an.

Evidence of prohibition in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

Allaah says in Soorat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

Singing is worse and more harmful than stories of kings, because it leads to zinaa and makes hypocrisy grow (in the heart); it is the trap of the Shaytaan, and it clouds the mind. The way in which it blocks people from the Qur’aan is worse than the way in which other kinds of false talk block them, because people are naturally inclined towards it and tend to want to listen to it. The aayaat condemn replacing the Qur’aan with idle talk in order to mislead (men) from the path of Allaah without knowledge and taking it as a joke, because when an aayah of the Qur’aan is recited to such a person, he turns his back as if he heard them not, as if there were deafness in his ear. If he hears anything of it, he makes fun of it. All of this happens only in the case of the people who are most stubbornly kaafirs and if some of it happens to singers and those who listen to them, they both have a share of this blame. (Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/258-259).

Hope this answers your question brother

Not much brother.I don't thing that music makes us to go away from the path of Islam and listening from Al Qur'an.I read Qur'an 3 days at lest in a week though i am a guitarist.

Akram Fakir

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa baraakaatuh,

I checked that link as it still is present in Akh Abu Talib's post. This guy or someone his type was spreading the same link of Multaqa a couple of days ago. He used the same Tactics of spreading it under the name of Islam.

A brother there said this panee guy was claiming to be the mahdi or something if I remember correctly.

Please try to read the whole.Then you can comment about someone.How can you comment in a subject when
you don't know him well.Don't try to address own as too much wise.One person who comment something like this without knowing all the things i can not say him wise.If there is question about spread than i have to say that there is no wrong to spread a true and good.Or mahadi ---can you prove that there was something about
Mahadi.Than prove it.Please don't be fool own self.

Akram Fakir

If you are so correct than why are you hiding your name.Be brave.
Come out if you are true.I am giving my real name and real address and saying
the things which i can prove.Just need some times.Keep looking.Seeking Allahs mercy---
Hoommmmmmmm.Only Allah can seek his own mercy.Or you are here to seek his mercy?Naojubillah
Than why this name ?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
If you are so correct than why are you hiding your name.Be brave.
Come out if you are true.I am giving my real name and real address and saying
the things which i can prove.Just need some times.Keep looking.Seeking Allahs mercy---
Hoommmmmmmm.Only Allah can seek his own mercy.Or you are here to seek his mercy?Naojubillah
Than why this name ?

Oh we got a cunning one. Lemme make some things real clear, shall I?

1) So you are brave because you gave in your real name? Okay, chill here. I'm not brave.

2)You know there is a very "thin" line between bravery and stupidity. If you equate bravery with stupidity, well can't really help you there.

3) Only Allaah can Seek His own Mercy!!!!!!

I hope I put enough exclamation marks. What do you even mean by this?

Please try to read the whole.Then you can comment about someone.How can you comment in a subject when
you don't know him well.Don't try to address own as too much wise.One person who comment something like this without knowing all the things i can not say him wise.If there is question about spread than i have to say that there is no wrong to spread a true and good.Or mahadi ---can you prove that there was something about
Mahadi.Than prove it.Please don't be fool own self.

4) I'm not wise so I reffered to those who are, and informed the others of your deviated link.

5) I need to prove nothing. Someone proved there is an idiot working that link. I passed the message. It's all good with me here.

Not much brother.I don't thing that music makes us to go away from the path of Islam and listening from Al Qur'an.I read Qur'an 3 days at lest in a week though i am a guitarist.

Wow. A Guitarist recites Qur'an 3 days a week, eh? And that makes music Halal, are you certain?. I didn't knew we take rulings of Islam in this pattern.

How sweet of you to completely ignore the prove he provided from the Qur'an to prove Music was haraam. You have some nerve asking for proves when you disregard the word of Allaah!

Because i found something true from the website which seems to me as real.
Then keep it to yourself kid, we expect nothing here as a prove, but the Qur'an and the Sunnah!

You spread that link in a decieving manner. Goes to show how trustworthy you, that link or your Panee jee could be.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Because i found something true from the website which seems to me as real.

then why do you have to disguise it under the text? You could have put it down plain if you've really believed what you wrote.

Anyway. I guess the sister has answered you well.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You state that you are thinking more and more about Islam. Good.

And we are glad you came to this site.

Now, forget the music for one minute, lets talk about something important. What is that makes you think more about Islam.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
We should stay away from any kinds of deviants my brother because وكل ضلالة في النار and every deviation leads to Hell-fire
So if we have to avoid hellfire we should avoid deviating from the path of Qur'an and Sunnah and walk the straight path,insha'Allah.
May Allah guide us all.Ameen.